Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Keep getting an Error 7 after trying to receive the first .jsjsjs $file$. $Anyone$ $know$ $what$'$s$ $wrong$? $It$'$s$ $only$ $receiving$ $HALF$ $the$ $file$, $and$ $I$ $didn$'$t$ $realize$ $it$ $until$ $after$ $I$ $did$ $the$ $changes$ $and$ $sent$ $it$ $back$ $to$ $my$ $device$ $and$ $no$ $longer$ $can$ $open$ $the$ $Screen$&$amp$;$Lock$ $screen$.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crackbone View Post
    Okay, I'm calling this out.

This is a hack #1, so you can't expect the world. You want LED flash notification, this is the way you get it, and the only way @ present.

Now I understand your usage pattern for texts, etc, cause a problem with this, and I can understand that.

But for 99% of the people out there, myself included, the slider remains closed unless I'm actively accessing the device. That being the case, this solution works great until Palm decides to release it officially into the wild.

The only thing that fails here is the post that's quoted. Such a wretched attitude about a hack that someone was kind enough to share.
    Thats not actually true, You can also install Optware,Bootstrap,OpenSSH and then Nano, I then telnet in and edit them using nano. Instead of going through all the transfering etc. I usually cp my files to a bak file and then edit them.
    Last edited by VaRMiT; 09/29/2009 at 09:30 PM. Reason: Left Out A Step:
    very nice, thanx.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    perfect it works great to me tks alot
    THE GAME OF LIFE
    Maybe I should make a Howto on this if there is no patch that comes out for this, Which Im "sure" there will be. Ill even include pictures.
    Works great! Thanks for the walkthru!
    worked perfect....
    Worked like a charm. And I'm a total rookie to these operations.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    can u tell me how to do it on a mac?
    i followed the instructions correctly, and got the "blinking notifications" setting to show up in the screen & lock page. however, when i set it to "on" the setting doesn't hold. whenever i go back to the setting, it's still set to "off". any ideas of what i did wrong?
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    worked for me 2nd time around like other members have noted. tried first time, didnt work. checked the files and they didnt stick. followed same routine and i got it to work
    use version 2.03 found at canuck-software.ca/wosqi.html, you can also use the tweaks with webos 1.2
    is there anyway you can just copy and paste it in there so we dont have to type it all out
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by semahjiscool View Post
    is there anyway you can just copy and paste it in there so we dont have to type it all out
    copy and paste as in the file location? just copy it from the instructions and put your cursor in the text field of WOSQI and hold CTRL+V and it'll paste in there
    Thank you very much. Very simple instructions to follow. Worked perfectly. Thanks again.

-Maddy
    Thanks. I miss this function from my old Centro. If only Palm can enable nagging sound for missed call like the "Butler" Palm OS program, that will make me very happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by JayKC View Post
    EDIT: Nevermind, found the leftover code.

Awesome! Thanks for this, I didn't want to root my Pre and this was simple to do and understand!

I see on my screen and lock settings it lists:
    Show When Locked (ON/OFF)
    --
    Blink Notifications (ON/OFF)

Is that "--" supposed to be in there or did I not remove all of the coding?
    I suspect you didn't remove all of the coding. That looks like it was part of the REM statement for the HTML code.
    Quote Originally Posted by VaRMiT View Post
    Thats not actually true, You can also install Optware,Bootstrap,OpenSSH and then Nano, I then telnet in and edit them using nano. Instead of going through all the transfering etc. I usually cp my files to a bak file and then edit them.
    By "the only way", I think he meant that modifying those files are the only way. Obviously, there are multiple ways to modify the files.
    Quote Originally Posted by icesalmon View Post
    Thanks. I miss this function from my old Centro. If only Palm can enable nagging sound for missed call like the "Butler" Palm OS program, that will make me very happy.
    I keep seeing these "why doesn't Palm do ..." posts. That functions on your Centro wasn't from Palm, it was from a third party developer, offered years after the original OS was released. Things like that will come, you have to give them time though. And you're probably not going to see them from Palm this time either, but from third party developers.
    Thanks man!
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast