Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Wait wat?!?! You want light up notification when you have the phone open thus screen showing you the notification????? O.o? Well I guess everyone is different but still. Ok.
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderchicken02 View Post
    Edit: Also, a hack is not defined as code that Palm themselves wrote.
    It is when that code is commented out and not intended to be ran.
    Quote Originally Posted by LupeValenz View Post
    Wait wat?!?! You want light up notification when you have the phone open thus screen showing you the notification????? O.o? Well I guess everyone is different but still. Ok.
    No, I am saying that if you leave your phone OPEN, it will not light up, even when the screen is off.
    Thanks for the help!! ..works good!
    Quote Originally Posted by jp22382 View Post
    Hate to ask but did you reboot your phone and then check Screen & Lock?
    Yes I did. I don't know what the deal is. Like I said I had it working perfectly in the leaked version of 1.2.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    Yes I did. I don't know what the deal is. Like I said I had it working perfectly in the leaked version of 1.2.
    Weird. To be honest it took me 3 or 4 tries yesterday to get it working. Had to just start completely over and double check everything I was doing. Ended up working eventually
  7.    #27  
    Ok another very stupid question. For installing this notepade plus thing do I need all the files or which? Ive got the files on the desktop from the phone and made not one but TWO backups just incase. Just need the notepad plus thing to edit them!
    Weird. To be honest it took me 3 or 4 tries yesterday to get it working. Had to just start completely over and double check everything I was doing. Ended up working eventually
    That is very strange. Did you have any homebrew apps installed when you getting this to work? I have MyTether (paid version), my flashlight, gdial pro, pack n track, poker timer, and stopwatch/timer.
    Edit to my original post:
    It will flash when the slider is open, but the card that contains a text conversation can't be be open. Sweet!
  10.    #30  
    Ignore the question about getting notepad plus in! I got it and it worked! Thanks so much to the poster who took the time to write this up. Its much appreciated! And to anyone else afraid to try this really it was quite simple so I say go for it!
  11.    #31  
    Oh one question. Is this process something that I need to reverse before applying the next update Palm sends out? Thanks again!
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Hmmm, seems like I'll give this a shot soon.
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    Yep quite easy and a good solution until a patch comes round to do this automatically.
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by melissasroja View Post
    Oh one question. Is this process something that I need to reverse before applying the next update Palm sends out? Thanks again!
    I would to be safe. I just saved off the files before I edited them so I can reverse it. Once we get a way to do it via Preware I'll probably go that route since it should be much easier that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderchicken02 View Post
    You DO realize that it takes longer for you to stare at the phone waiting on the slow flash than it does to reach over and push the power button, right? I think it's funny how you are trying to argue over my OPINION...I posted this to let people know that it's not all it's cracked up to be.

Edit: Also, a hack is not defined as code that Palm themselves wrote.
    I think it was the "fail" in your original message that was offensive, probably justifiably so.

And, if Palm edits out the capability, and you add it back, that's a hack. They disabled the functionality for a reason. We don't know what that reason was, but it's still a hack.
    I thought the webos 1.2 gave us led notification!!!!??? I still have not seen it and this part of the features updated. supposedly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ccarlock1 View Post
    I thought the webos 1.2 gave us led notification!!!!??? I still have not seen it and this part of the features updated. supposedly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Nope the code was commented out in the 1.2 release.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by avargas28 View Post
    Hmmm, seems like I'll give this a shot soon.

Did it and it now works. However, it only works for e-mail and text messages and NOT with phone calls? Am I right here?
    I for the life of me cannot get this to work with webOSQuickInstall. I even webOSDoctored my phone and started fresh. How is everyone getting a hold of the two files that need to be edited? I tried taking them from the webosdoctor file but it did not work. I might just give up unless anyone else has any ideas. I can send and receive other files just fine with WOSQI but cannot with these two files for some reason. Anyone have any thoughts?
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    EDIT: You can use Notepad++ to edit the files, get that here Browse Notepad++ Files on SourceForge.net

No rooting required. Use WebOS Quick Install, set your phone to developer mode, plug it into your computer, then go to Tools > Receive file

You need to copy 2 files, securityconfig-assistant.jsjsjs and securityconfig-scene.html

So in the Receive File window, put /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/app/controllers/securityconfig-assistant.jsjsjs in the File box and pick your desktop for the Destination Folder, then click get from device.

Do the same for the next file, but the path is /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/app/views/securityconfig/securityconfig-scene.html

Now before you do anything, make backup copies of both of these files in case something gets messed up.

In securityconfig-assistant.jsjsjs $remove$ $the$ $following$:

// from line 54
    // from line 55

/* from line 248
    */ from line 251

In securityconfig-scene.html remove the following:

<!-- from line 92
    --> from line 97

<!-- from line 101
    --> from line 103

Save those 2 files. Then use WebOS Quick Install, Tools > Send File

Send securityconfig-assistant.jsjsjs from your desktop to /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/app/controllers/

Send securityconfig-scene.html from your desktop to /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/app/views/securityconfig/

Reset your phone and go to Screen and Lock, and you should have the option for Blink Notifications
    thank you very much
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast