Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Dumb question, but i'm using the webos quick install and adding some tweaks. However i'm not sure what the spoof iphone tweak really is. Can anyone explain what it does before I add it? Thank you

Official Patch Thread:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...perfectly.html
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 09/03/2010 at 10:10 AM. Reason: Added URL to patch thread
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Tricks websites into giving you the iphone version of the sites. Seeing as how we share the same resolution, they are formatted perfectly for us. Doesn't work with all sites.

Make sure you uninstall it before you upgrade to 1.2
    Thanks. I actually had the same question when I was playing with WOSQI!
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Sweeet... thanks for answer my friend... by the way any cool websites that you can suggest?
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Jason has a link to the explanations of all the tweaks in WOQI in the first post of the WOQI thread.
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecode View Post
    Jason has a link to the explanations of all the tweaks in WOQI in the first post of the WOQI thread.
    It'd probably be nice to have it built into the application too.
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gage006 View Post
    Tricks websites into giving you the iphone version of the sites. Seeing as how we share the same resolution, they are formatted perfectly for us. Doesn't work with all sites.

Make sure you uninstall it before you upgrade to 1.2
    A lot of sites that I tried before would just let you have access to to the iPhone version if you used iphone. instead of m. or www.
    Some sites even let you put i. like i.wund.com

But I know that not all allowed this.

Joe
    I tried this tweak and went to my Google Email's mobile page and the formatting was all messed up for me. It lost all the nice, each Email in a colored box, look. It was just a list of emails then.
    It was the exact same page as before not re-directed to a different page, I used a shortcut and checked the URL.

I removed the tweak, I cannot see an advantage to it, so far anyway.
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    Don't use the WebOS Quickinstall version. Use this newer version instead. The new version works with more sites and has better compatibility. Hopefully this will be integrated into a newer Quickinstall release.
    I was just going to ask about the other version, so thanks for posting it, clipcarl.
    Some sites check for the iPhone to be rotated before they work. Anyway to mimic that somehow?
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    how do i get the webos1.2 and how should i go about removing all of my tweaks and developer apps?
    Thanks for the explanations
    Thanks for the explanations gentlemen. Sorry if this comes through twice because I was using a library computer and wasnt sure if it went through the first time.
    definition= Changes the browser user agent to pretend itís an iPhone, giving betting online mobile website
    .compatibility.

ok so is apple browser agent is better then the pre? or maybe i got this all wrong and can someone please point me to the right direction. Should i check this in tweak?
    By turning this on you can force the iPhone version of web page to load.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    By turning this on you can force the iPhone version of web page to load.
    but is it better? im asking cuz i just dont know, i never used the net on the iphone
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    It turns websites from thier normal version (sometimes very cluttered and ad filled) into more simple mobile versions. To be technical - when you type eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices into your web browser - you get the normal site. But if you have the iphone spoof on, you should be redirected to iphone.ebay.com automatically. It doesn't work on ALL sites, but most it does. Alternativly, you need to manually bookmark the moblle friendly sites.
  19. Ryo
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    nice.. will Latitude work with it?

When will there be a version for WebOS 1.3.1 ? it dosnt work in 1.3.1 !
    Some sites design a special version for Iphones, this is because iphones make up a very significant part of mobile traffic to the site.

because the iphone and pre share the same screen resolution, these sites work perfectly on the pre.

if there were as many pres out there as iphones they would have a 'pre spoof' for the iphone.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast