Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 57
  1. Ryo
    Ryo is offline
    Ryo's Avatar
    Posts
    55 Posts
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    #21  
    yeah but google.com/latitude opens google maps with latitude function in the iPhone .. ok tryed the patch dostn work in 1.2.1 like in the iphone so ...back to 1.3.1
  2. #22  
    When will there be a version for WebOS 1.3.1 ? please anyone
  3. #23  
    What it does is make the remote website think that you're running an iPhone... then, if they have a specific iPhone version of their site they'll redirect you to it.

    The downside of doing this, however, is that when those sites run their analytic software they'll think they're getting more iPhone and less Pre traffic than they really are... and they'll think there's no reason to change anything (eg, create a more generic "touch" version and send iPhone, Pres, and Android devices to it).
  4. #24  
    there is one for 1.3.e
  5. #25  
    ++++++ 5

    lets show these sites that we browse on our pre.. DO NOT TWEAK THIS IPHONE THING
    !
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by jovanny27 View Post
    ++++++ 5

    lets show these sites that we browse on our pre.. DO NOT TWEAK THIS IPHONE THING
    !
    Exactly. What if, say, firefox had done this to look like MSIE (yes, I know you could easily change your useragent there too)? Now we have websites doing things better, because they have to.
  7. #27  
    I have an iPhone 3GS and it NEVER goes to a mobile version of a website like the Pre does. The iPhone browser goes to exactly what you type and does not redirect to a mobile site. If you type Welcome to Facebook | Facebook the iPhone goes to Welcome to Facebook | Facebook not mobile FB and the same with any site.

    This is one thing I dont like about my Pre.
  8. #28  
    I'm seeking a 1.3.1 compatible version of this patch - does it exist, and where can I find it?
  9. #29  
    With so much effort poured into emulating the iPhone experience, honestly, why not just buy an iPhone and be done with it?
  10. CdRsKuLL's Avatar
    Posts
    72 Posts
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    With so much effort poured into emulating the iPhone experience, honestly, why not just buy an iPhone and be done with it?
    Coz there not the best smart phone anymore.. had 2.. got rid and now I'm loving the Pre ! :-)

    But you already know that !.. lol otherwise you wouldn't be on here !
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    With so much effort poured into emulating the iPhone experience, honestly, why not just buy an iPhone and be done with it?
    The reason is very simple - I want to be able to access websites that are only compatible with the iPhone such as Television on Demand services from the BBC. I hve no interest in owning an iPhone or getting an "iPhone experience" but the fact remains that due to the iPhone's popularity, third parties such as TVcatchup and the BBC offer special sites for Apple users. If my Pre reports to the BBC that it is in fact an iPhone then I too can use these services. Does that help you understand?
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by SqyArc View Post
    If my Pre reports to the BBC that it is in fact an iPhone then I too can use these services. Does that help you understand?
    That sounds exactly like the iTunes solution. "If my Pre reports that it is in fact an iPhone..." Developers doing things that are compatible with the iPhone is, in fact, a part of the iPhone experience. You say you don't want an iPhone; you just seem to want all of the things the iPhone can do.

    Seems like every other post around here is about how to patch the Pre to make it something that it is not. I'm beginning to think that the Pre is more about iPhone envy rather than iPhone competition.
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    That sounds exactly like the iTunes solution. "If my Pre reports that it is in fact an iPhone..." Developers doing things that are compatible with the iPhone is, in fact, a part of the iPhone experience. You say you don't want an iPhone; you just seem to want all of the things the iPhone can do.

    Seems like every other post around here is about how to patch the Pre to make it something that it is not. I'm beginning to think that the Pre is more about iPhone envy rather than iPhone competition.
    well if you didnt want all the things an iphone can do then why did you buy a phone that has iphone likeness . this phone does most everything that phone can do and then some just as that iphone does most everything this phone does and then some . so what the difference between you and him?? maybe you have envy lol i just love the os and the form factor and dont care for closed mindedness that comes with the iphone . oh ya not to mention that its much cheaper with sprint . more dependable ( not including the cloud of course ) ha ha
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    oh ya not to mention that its much cheaper with sprint
    I pay $70 a month. That gets me more minutes than I use every month and unlimited data. That does not include texting, but there are so many apps on the app store that provide free texting, there is no reason to ever pay AT&T for the privilege. I keep hearing about how much cheaper it is on Sprint, but have seen no evidence of that in real life.

    By the way, I have never seen a post on an Apple or iPhone centric board asking for help to make the iPhone more like the Pre. Love the one you're with.
  15. #35  
    i pay 69 dolloars a month with insurance ipay 78 and thats it unlimited web, texts, roaming, and 400 min but with the any mobile i can call any mobile anytime with no charge and you say your plan is better , i kinda doubt it but ok i believe you . oh yah you dont have insurance because they dont insure the iphone do they???
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  16. #36  
    78$ dollar U.S. ? lol!

    I pay 43.99$ CAN and I got everything I need including 2 Gig of data, unlmited texting, free incoming calls, free weekends, free after 6pm, 300 min a month. owned
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkadelick View Post
    78$ dollar U.S. ? lol!

    I pay 43.99$ CAN and I got everything I need including 2 Gig of data, unlmited texting, free incoming calls, free weekends, free after 6pm, 300 min a month. owned
    yeah with a three year agreement lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    oh yah you dont have insurance because they dont insure the iphone do they???
    I also don't need to go through several replacements due to poor build quality. The iPhone is built like a tank when it comes to durability. Do you have the option for free, unlimited text? I'm not all that familiar with your app catalogue. I'll take my $70 over your $78 any day. Tell me again where the big monthly savings are?
  19. #39  
    i have unlimited text unlimited internet and unlimited roaming and unlimited mobile to mobile lol yeah i have not had to trade my phone in dude lol the build quality on my phone is great . haha but if my phone gets wet stolen broken gets anything i get it replaced
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  20. #40  
    As I said, you do not have a single "real" advantage. I pay less than you and I do not use everything I pay for when it comes to minutes. In the three years I have been an iPhone user, I have never needed a repair. You are paying almost $100 a year more than me. Between car and home insurance, my phone is well covered for the unexpected. The whole price advantage with Sprint is just plain false. But if you think your are going to save any money, let alone, enough to open your own Starbuck's in space, more power to you bro.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions