Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    YOU MUST HAVE WEBOS 1.2 TO USE THIS PATCH

Here is the patch for the LED Notifications. Remember all the hard work came from michaelw9 i just happened to stumble across the code. Hope everyone enjoys.

OK this should make this much easier for everyone to apply this
    Make sure you have ssh access, and quilt installed, there are tutorials for both on webos internals. copy and past the following commands.
    cd /
    mount -o remount,rw /
    rm led_blinking.patch
    wget http://filebin.ca/jqwdtn/led_blinking.patch
    quilt import led_blinking.patch
    quilt push led_blinking.patch
    Last edited by theoottesen; 09/08/2009 at 06:33 PM.
    for what webos version?

should the thread title be edited?
    Last edited by hmagoo; 09/05/2009 at 03:35 PM.
    i'd be all over this if it were available as a check/uncheck option in a certain application hint hint
    This is only for 1.2 correct?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    This is only for 1.2 correct?
    Yes 1.2 as far as far as I know, I don't believe there is a way to implement into 1.1, but I'll look into it.
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    So was it right where I was saying it was?
    Need different SMS tones for contacts? Well take a look here...
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...h-contact.html
    Disable annoying notifications in calls....
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ml#post1863116

Thanks are always appreciated or for a really big Thanks you can always:
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikyo View Post
    So was it right where I was saying it was?
    OH yeah, once the two files were commented out, it showed up and funtions without a hitch.
    Will there be a way to enable the vibrate and sound like the pager nagger script? Blinking light is fine, I have gotten used to the pager sound reminding me of a message.
    I'm sure this sounds ignorant, but where exactly am i putting this file?
    thanks
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/app/controllers/securityconfig-assistant.jsjsjs
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by rxs2010 View Post
    I'm sure this sounds ignorant, but where exactly am i putting this file?
    thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by marshall_634 View Post
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/app/controllers/securityconfig-assistant.jsjsjs
    this file is a patch file, if youre not sure how to use it then you need to read up on patches from Applying Patches - WebOS Internals

If after reading through the above file you still dont understand then just wait for webos 1.2 to official release.
    Quote Originally Posted by theoottesen View Post
    this file is a patch file, if youre not sure how to use it then you need to read up on patches from Applying Patches - WebOS Internals

If after reading through the above file you still dont understand then just wait for webos 1.2 to official release.
    I've done patches through quilt...however this appears to be different. If someone could tell me what part of these files i'm replacing, or if i'm adding to them, or what, it would be appreciated. i've already got 1.2 so waiting for the release, unless its enabled then, won't help any.
    thanks
    Last edited by rxs2010; 09/07/2009 at 09:57 PM. Reason: not correctly worded
    =Can a mod change the title to WebOS 1.2
    Done.

- Craig
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Milominderbinder View Post
    Done.

- Craig
    Thank you
    For the record, this seems to work only for applications that are programmed to use it. As an example, Twee does not flash the LED for a notification, whereas the phone, email, and messaging apps do.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Will there be a way to enable the vibrate and sound like the pager nagger script?
    YOU MUST HAVE WEBOS 1.2 TO USE THIS PATCH

Here is the patch for the LED Notifications. Remember all the hard work came from michaelw9 i just happened to stumble across the code. Hope everyone enjoys.

OK this should make this much easier for everyone to apply this
    Make sure you have ssh access, and quilt installed, there are tutorials for both on webos internals. copy and past the following commands.
    when i try to apply this it tells me
    Code:
    Applying patch /opt/src/patches/led_blinking.patch
    patch unexpectedly ends in the middle of line
    patch: **** Only garbage was found in the patch input.
    Patch /opt/src/patches/led_blinking.patch does not apply <enforce with -f>
    i tried to force it on also but nothing changed.

What am i doing wrong here?
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    It's easier to uncomment out the lines needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by awrnsmn View Post
    It's easier to uncomment out the lines needed.
    i guess i don't understand what that means. i'm brand new to this stuff really. so what exactly would i do? to uncomment out a line?
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rxs2010 View Post
    i guess i don't understand what that means. i'm brand new to this stuff really. so what exactly would i do? to uncomment out a line?
    I got the info where it is at in the code from the home page of PreCentral. I am assuming that the OP found this in the code and deserves the credit for helping us with this. I don't want to take away from this patch but, the code is there it just need to be allowed to work. To comment it out means they are able to block it from working with either /* or // (usually) By removing the backslash it is able to perform that function. (removing /* or //)
Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast