Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Isn't that in the normal patch feed? Any ideas what it is called?
    Quote Originally Posted by theoottesen View Post
    YOU MUST HAVE WEBOS 1.2 TO USE THIS PATCH

Here is the patch for the LED Notifications. Remember all the hard work came from michaelw9 i just happened to stumble across the code. Hope everyone enjoys.

OK this should make this much easier for everyone to apply this
    Make sure you have ssh access, and quilt installed, there are tutorials for both on webos internals. copy and past the following commands.
    do i use this patch in the sudo su - or sudo -i ??
    Does everybody who has done this notice that it does not flash for missed calls?
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    once i updated to 1.2 mine lights up for notifications all by itself, i havent installed a patch or anything

is anyone else having this happen?
    relocation:
    Quote Originally Posted by thatwilsonguy View Post
    is there a known conflict with the TXT Manager APP and the LED notification patch? After reboot i get a single blip upon txt but no sound.
    my personal opinion would be to remove TXT Manager, and My Notifications if you have that installed... and install these patches.

contact tone patch
    contact multitone patch
    message tone sounds and alerts

then you need to go into "sounds & alerts" and choose your settings for alerts, notifications, etc...

then you can go into the contact app, and change the msg ringtone for individual contacts.

perhaps TXT manager might have a little more "group" functionality or something, but these patches make the changes always active and native.
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hmagoo View Post
    relocation:

my personal opinion would be to remove TXT Manager, and My Notifications if you have that installed... and install these patches.

contact tone patch
    contact multitone patch

then you need to go into "sounds & alerts" and choose your settings for alerts, notifications, etc...

then you can go into the contact app, and change the msg ringtone for individual contacts.

perhaps TXT manager might have a little more "group" functionality or something, but these patches make the changes always active and native.
    hmagoo,

Trying to understand each patch (since for now there are no descriptions) by looking at the info in git. The comments at the top of the last patch on your says: "This patch should be used in conjunction with the messaging-sounds.patch and is unneeded if you are using the MyNotifications homebrew app."

Is that no longer true (that's what I got out of your previous post).

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by hmagoo View Post
    relocation:

contact tone patch
    contact multitone patch

THANKS!

That was going to be my next question. I know I was using a hodge podge of apps to get this work and figured that it was now easier.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrSuSE View Post
    hmagoo,

Trying to understand each patch (since for now there are no descriptions) by looking at the info in git. The comments at the top of the last patch on your says: "This patch should be used in conjunction with the messaging-sounds.patch and is unneeded if you are using the MyNotifications homebrew app."

Is that no longer true (that's what I got out of your previous post).

Thanks.
    If using MyNotifications instead of that patch you might have the same functionality, but I'm not sure.
    Installed notification patch through autopatch feed in Preware, and doesn't seem to be working. Any idea why? I'm on WebOS 1.2, Preware 9.1. It's the first patch I tried to install. It installed fine, then I did a reboot (Orange-Sym-R). The light seems to blink once when an email or txt comes in, but then nothing.
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dgmarcus View Post
    Installed notification patch through autopatch feed in Preware, and doesn't seem to be working. Any idea why? I'm on WebOS 1.2, Preware 9.1. It's the first patch I tried to install. It installed fine, then I did a reboot (Orange-Sym-R). The light seems to blink once when an email or txt comes in, but then nothing.
    Did you remember to turn it on under Screen & Lock? :-P
    Quote Originally Posted by DrSuSE View Post
    Did you remember to turn it on under Screen & Lock? :-P
    D'oh!!! Thanks. I had not.
    Hey guys, go to preware, it has been updated and now you can do ALL kinds of patches through there.
    where can i get the autofeed from?
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jmontiel213 View Post
    where can i get the autofeed from?
    In the package list, linked to from a bunch of posts in this thread, few paces. Whatever way makes you happiest.
    whast the name of the list?
    my phone took another update today(3rd time since 1.2 was released) and this time it took out my blink notification patch. blinking light no longer work. I tried applying the patch again and there was no option to turn on blinker notification. Anyone with this issue?
    Intalled with Preware and everything works again.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Hey guys, how come the LED notification doesn't work for missed calls? It works for text and voicemails but not missed calls until you unlock the keyboard which makes it pointless for that. Any ideas if this can be fixed?
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    It also doesnt seem to work for missed calender alerts as well...
    since the system is obviously making some sort of call to turn the led on, is there a way to edit the frequency, and piggy-back an audio file or vibrate function? Would be great to get some sort of audible/physical nag out of this.
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast