Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dongatta View Post
    I'm sorry but i am not familiar with using quilt
    Just type those two things in. It's that simple.
    com.drhouse.lupus
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Ok not to be a pest but a newb here.

Can someone tell me how to do this with using the recieve and send function in WOQI?

Want to mod it but waiting for WOQI to update for 1.2 this shouldn't be hard to do???

TY in advance

Maybe i should ask this first can this only be done with a rooted pre?
    Last edited by pchrist; 09/29/2009 at 12:47 PM.
    For anyone who is interested in doing it through a command line, I have showed the changes on the wiki here: Patch Enable LED Notifications - WebOS Internals
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yokken View Post
    try "quilt import -f led_blinking.patch" and "quilt push -f led_blinking.patch". it'll force it.
    I did that and this is what i get.

root@castle:/# quilt import -f led_blinking.patch
    Replacing patch /opt/src/patches/led_blinking.patch with new version
    root@castle:/# quilt push -f led_blinking.patch
    The topmost patch /opt/src/patches/message-bundle+orientation.patch needs to be refreshed first.

Am i doing something wrong?
    Works great...had a little trouble figuring out quilt, but followed webos internals guides and got the updated, lighter version of quilt and it now works fine. It would be nice if it blinked more often..which I know is possible..but I've spent all day trying to get back all of my tweaks and my brain hurts.

Thanks!

PS...anyone know why this wasn't included in the update? Or was it and I just didn't know how to turn it on?
  6.    #126  
    Quote Originally Posted by xBRIMSTON3x View Post
    Works great...had a little trouble figuring out quilt, but followed webos internals guides and got the updated, lighter version of quilt and it now works fine. It would be nice if it blinked more often..which I know is possible..but I've spent all day trying to get back all of my tweaks and my brain hurts.

Thanks!

PS...anyone know why this wasn't included in the update? Or was it and I just didn't know how to turn it on?
    The options for the blinking are in the luna.config file, i forget the exact location i would have to look.
    Not to be a jerk here, but why would anybody want to install this as a patch?

I mean, I can understand wanting blinking LED notifications, and i've got them set up myself, but why all the headache of trying to install a patch when you can just open up two files in vi, and remove two comment markers from each file as described in the first post?

I understand that not everybody is familiar with using vi, but the phone runs linux. Don't you think it's time to learn how to use vi if you're going to be playing with linux?
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post

I mean, I can understand wanting blinking LED notifications, and i've got them set up myself, but why all the headache of trying to install a patch when you can just open up two files in vi, and remove two comment markers from each file as described in the first post?

I understand that not everybody is familiar with using vi, but the phone runs linux. Don't you think it's time to learn how to use vi if you're going to be playing with linux?
    Could you maybe point me to Vi?
    Quote Originally Posted by Partyman View Post
    Uh, if you don't know where vi is you probably don't want to use it. You can use ipkg to install nano, it's a lot easier to use.
    I did that and this is what i get.

root@castle:/# quilt import -f led_blinking.patch
    Replacing patch /opt/src/patches/led_blinking.patch with new version
    root@castle:/# quilt push -f led_blinking.patch
    The topmost patch /opt/src/patches/message-bundle+orientation.patch needs to be refreshed first.

Am i doing something wrong?

Please advise, same error here.
    When I bring up the command line and try to access the code it gives me access denied
  12.    #132  
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post

The point is, that if you have done what most of the people who are changing setting at the root level of the pre have done, ie. setup up ssh and quilt, then applying this patch is ten times quicker than going through a couple of files or having to learn how to use vi. Same with all patches, they are all just automatic changes to specific files, do you want to go through and change every file that needs to be changed to get all of the hacks that are on this forum, probably not. Apply patches is very simple if you are following directions and copy and pasting commands. this patch takes less than 10 seconds to apply if done correctly.

On another note, most people dont want to just learn linux, and if someone actually knows linux they know that applying a patch is the smarter way to do something, doesnt require opening a file, editing a file, saving a file, and have to do it to multiple files, a patch requires, such as this one, to only copy and paste a few commands (which can all be copied and pasted in paragraph form mind you) and hit enter maybe once or twice, and youre done. A patch, if available, is a far more logical way to approach this problem than editing in vi. It just requires the ability to follow directions and copy and paste.
    Last edited by theoottesen; 09/29/2009 at 02:56 PM.
  13.    #133  
    When I bring up the command line and try to access the code it gives me access denied
    because you have to make the pre writeable before you can edit any files in the system directories. This is why its easier to apply the patch. the command you are looking for is "mount -o remount,rw /" DO NOT INCLUDE THE QUOTES!!! OR IT WILL NOT WORK.
  14.    #134  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post

Please advise, same error here.
    If you are getting this error than you need to look over this page, Applying Patches - WebOS Internals pay close attention to the part about removing patches, this should fix your problem. That error is saying that there is a patch getting in the way of applying the led patch. It either needs to be applied, which it looks as though it is not working, or it needs to be deleted.
    I'd be happy to.

From a terminal, type
    Code:
    vi filename
    and press enter.

Just replace the word "filename" with the actaul name and location of the file. Let's say you want to edit a file name obvious.file in the folder /opt/bin/pointless/examples/ you would get to a root terminal and enter
    Code:
    vi /opt/bin/pointless/examples/obvious.file
    Once there, you need to figure out how to use vi. It's actually an incredibly powerful code editing program once you learn all the tricks, but I'll give you a few VERY basic commands.

press i to enable text editing.

Don't use the delete key. It doesn't work the way you'd expect. Instead, use the arrow keys to get to the end of what you want to delete, and backspace over it.

Once you're done editing, pre the Escape key to get out of editing mode.

Pressing : enables file menu type commands.

w is for "write" (aka save)
    q is for quit
    q! is for quit without saving.

So, you open the file, use the arrow keys to work you way to the right line. The line number is shown at the bottom of the terminal.

press i
    edit the text
    Press the escape key

type :wq

Press enter.

If you mess up and don't want to save your changes, press escape and then type :q! and press enter.

It all sounds very complicated at first, and if this is the only time you think you'll ever want to edit a file on your Pre, then I guess you'd be happier using the patch. But in the long run, using vi really is faster and easier.
    Quote Originally Posted by theoottesen View Post
    because you have to make the pre writeable before you can edit any files in the system directories. This is why its easier to apply the patch. the command you are looking for is "mount -o remount,rw /" DO NOT INCLUDE THE QUOTES!!! OR IT WILL NOT WORK.
    When i try the patch in command line i get an error.I have rooted my pre before with no problems.
  17.    #137  
    When i try the patch in command line i get an error.I have rooted my pre before with no problems.
    What error are you getting?
    Quote Originally Posted by theoottesen View Post
    What error are you getting?
    I get this error :

root@castle:/# rm led_blinking.patch
    root@castle:/# wget h**p://tlp.lickwid.net/patch-webos12-led
    Connecting to tlp.lickwid.net (75.174.60.106:80)
    patch-webos12-led 100% |*******************************| 2439 --:--:-- ETA
    root@castle:/# mv patch-webos12-led led_blinking.patch
    root@castle:/# quilt import led_blinking.patch
    quilt push led_blinking.patch
    Patch /opt/src/patches/led_blinking.patch exists. Replace with -f.
    root@castle:/# quilt push led_blinking.patch
    The topmost patch /opt/src/patches/message-bundle+orientation.patch needs to be
    refreshed first.
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    I just followed this post and it was a piece of cake.

Quote Originally Posted by jp22382 View Post
    EDIT: You can use Notepad++ to edit the files, get that on SourceForge.net

No rooting required. Use WebOS Quick Install, set your phone to developer mode, plug it into your computer, then go to Tools > Receive file

You need to copy 2 files, securityconfig-assistant.jsjsjs and securityconfig-scene.html

So in the Receive File window, put /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/app/controllers/securityconfig-assistant.jsjsjs in the File box and pick your desktop for the Destination Folder, then click get from device.

Do the same for the next file, but the path is /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/app/views/securityconfig/securityconfig-scene.html

Now before you do anything, make backup copies of both of these files in case something gets messed up.

In securityconfig-assistant.jsjsjs $remove$ $the$ $following$:

// from line 54
    // from line 55

/* from line 248
    */ from line 251

In securityconfig-scene.html remove the following:

<!-- from line 92
    --> from line 97

<!-- from line 101
    --> from line 103

Save those 2 files. Then use WebOS Quick Install, Tools > Send File

Send securityconfig-assistant.jsjsjs from your desktop to /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/app/controllers/

Send securityconfig-scene.html from your desktop to /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/app/views/securityconfig/

Reset your phone and go to Screen and Lock, and you should have the option for Blink Notifications
  20.    #140  
    I get this error :

root@castle:/# rm led_blinking.patch
    root@castle:/# wget h**p://tlp.lickwid.net/patch-webos12-led
    Connecting to tlp.lickwid.net (75.174.60.106:80)
    patch-webos12-led 100% |*******************************| 2439 --:--:-- ETA
    root@castle:/# mv patch-webos12-led led_blinking.patch
    root@castle:/# quilt import led_blinking.patch
    quilt push led_blinking.patch
    Patch /opt/src/patches/led_blinking.patch exists. Replace with -f.
    root@castle:/# quilt push led_blinking.patch
    The topmost patch /opt/src/patches/message-bundle+orientation.patch needs to be
    refreshed first.
    If you have an msn send it to me in a pm and i will walk you through this.
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast