Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by awrnsmn View Post
    I got the info where it is at in the code from the home page of PreCentral. I am assuming that the OP found this in the code and deserves the credit for helping us with this. I don't want to take away from this patch but, the code is there it just need to be allowed to work. To comment it out means they are able to block it from working with either /* or // (usually) By removing the backslash it is able to perform that function. (removing /* or //)
    Ok...so i tried to follow the patch file to 'uncomment', however when i'm done my preferences card is just blank. Would it be possible to someone to just post an attachment with the 2 files (/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/app/controllers/securityconfig-assistant.jsjsjs $and$ /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$screenlock$/$app$/$views$/$securityconfig$/$securityconfig$-$scene$.$html$) $so$ $they$ $are$ $already$ $edited$ $and$ $i$ $can$ $just$ $use$ $webOS$ $quickinstall$ $to$ $push$ $them$ $to$ $my$ $device$? $That$ $would$ $be$ $huge$!! $I$'$ve$ $been$ $messing$ $with$ $this$ $thing$ $and$ $it$'$s$ $such$ $an$ $aggravating$ $thing$ $when$ $you$ $think$ $it$ $worked$ $and$ $it$ $doesn$'$t$. $Thanks$ $if$ $anyone$ $can$ $make$ $that$ $happen$.
    Quote Originally Posted by rxs2010 View Post
    Ok...so i tried to follow the patch file to 'uncomment', however when i'm done my preferences card is just blank. Would it be possible to someone to just post an attachment with the 2 files (/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/app/controllers/securityconfig-assistant.jsjsjs $and$ /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$screenlock$/$app$/$views$/$securityconfig$/$securityconfig$-$scene$.$html$) $so$ $they$ $are$ $already$ $edited$ $and$ $i$ $can$ $just$ $use$ $webOS$ $quickinstall$ $to$ $push$ $them$ $to$ $my$ $device$? $That$ $would$ $be$ $huge$!! $I$'$ve$ $been$ $messing$ $with$ $this$ $thing$ $and$ $it$'$s$ $such$ $an$ $aggravating$ $thing$ $when$ $you$ $think$ $it$ $worked$ $and$ $it$ $doesn$'$t$. $Thanks$ $if$ $anyone$ $can$ $make$ $that$ $happen$.
    No, because it's Palm copywritten code, besides the fact you can't use webOS Quick Install to just 'push files to the device' like that.

Edit: And to be more helpful, it sounds like you didn't actually edit securityconfig-scene.html properly.

In that, you want to remove the <!-- and --> in the two instances each of them appear.
  3.    #23  
    i guess i don't understand what that means. i'm brand new to this stuff really. so what exactly would i do? to uncomment out a line?
    Quote Originally Posted by awrnsmn View Post
    I got the info where it is at in the code from the home page of PreCentral. I am assuming that the OP found this in the code and deserves the credit for helping us with this. I don't want to take away from this patch but, the code is there it just need to be allowed to work. To comment it out means they are able to block it from working with either /* or // (usually) By removing the backslash it is able to perform that function. (removing /* or //)
    Sorry guys been busy with my sisters wedding rehearsal all day, let me check the patch when I get time.

Edit: Ok just checked the patch everything seems to be in tact, not sure why you're getting that error.

Edit: Ok I changed the server that the pacth file was located, should remove any problems people were having with the previous file. Please let me know if not.
    Last edited by theoottesen; 09/08/2009 at 06:35 PM.
  4.    #24  
    You also need to remove <!-- on line 92, --> on line 97, <!-- on line 101 and --> on line 103 of the file /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.screenlock/app/views/securityconfig/securityconfig-scene.html this will fix the blank screen settings.
    Its illegal to just hand you the code...however read through this and you will get your files
    how do i do these patches you are talking about...i don't know where i am supposed to put this stuff that you are talking about to get it to work on my phone...
    do i do it throught my computer and add to phone or do on phone itself..???
    Quote Originally Posted by theoottesen View Post
    Sorry guys been busy with my sisters wedding rehearsal all day, let me check the patch when I get time.

Edit: Ok just checked the patch everything seems to be in tact, not sure why you're getting that error.

Edit: Ok I changed the server that the pacth file was located, should remove any problems people were having with the previous file. Please let me know if not.
    THANK YOU! this was making me feel so ignorant...this patch worked great for me and i appreciate all the help you guys offered me.

Thanks again
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by gwalker11678 View Post
    how do i do these patches you are talking about...i don't know where i am supposed to put this stuff that you are talking about to get it to work on my phone...
    do i do it throught my computer and add to phone or do on phone itself..???
    Please refer to this site for patches, make sure you have ssh access also, weobinternals supplies all tutorials that you need.

THANK YOU! this was making me feel so ignorant...this patch worked great for me and i appreciate all the help you guys offered me.

Thanks again
    No problem, glad to help.
    Has anyone successfully applied using Putty? Also, will this add the LED notification option under Screens and Lock? Thanks...
  10.    #30  
    It is designed to work with putty yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by holley2583 View Post
    Has anyone successfully applied using Putty? Also, will this add the LED notification option under Screens and Lock? Thanks...
    It is designed to work with putty yes.
    I know it is designed for putty, I'm just asking if anyone has successfully gotten the patch to work. Thanks
    It did not work for me...
    can someone ask jason to add this (app)tweak to the web os quickinstaller
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    this worked great on my 1.2 pre. a much more elegant solution than the previous always-on hack that didn't really work.
    http://phwelo.mobi
    for any questions or to send a donation: phwelo@gmail.com
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by holley2583 View Post
    It did not work for me...
    are you getting an error during the patch?

have you enabled the led notifications inside the screen prefrences?
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    can someone ask jason to add this (app)tweak to the web os quickinstaller
    I'm fairly certain that until we know that it's not enabled by default in the real 1.2 release he will not add it.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    i am getting denied access... asks if i am root.... help guise?
    well lets just hope its added then lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxLOL View Post
    i am getting denied access... asks if i am root.... help guise?
    type sudo -s and enter your password. Then follow the instructions, you should be good. Let me know if not.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    type sudo -s and enter your password. Then follow the instructions, you should be good. Let me know if not.
    did that and i got around to this error now.

rm: cannot remove 'led_blinking.patch': No such file or directory
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast