Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910
    The frequency of the blinking is controlled in /etc/palm/luna.conf

I played with it a bit and found the following settings allow me to see if it's blinking without having to stare at it for a couple seconds:

[CoreNavi]
    EnableLightBar=true
    CoreNaviBrightnessScaler=100
    ThrobberBrightnessInLight=100
    ThrobberBrightnessInDark=50
    ThrobberRampUpTimeInMs=100
    ThrobberHoldUpTimeInMs=200
    ThrobberRampDownTimeInMs=100
    ThrobberHoldDownTimeInMs=200
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Will there be a way to enable the vibrate and sound like the pager nagger script? Blinking light is fine, I have gotten used to the pager sound reminding me of a message.

Also I uninstalled the LED patch in an attempt to get the sound notification back and not only did I not get the sound back(for texts, emails,etc) but the LED stil flashes
    Palm VIIx >>>Palm 505 >>>Palm Treo 650 Palm 700p >> Palm Centro >> Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    It doesn't work for missed call in the 1.3.1, does for you?
    It doesn't work for missed call in the 1.3.1. I got the same problem.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    If you add the Enable missed call notification patch that reminds you every two minutes it also makes the LED blink on a missed call work as well (It starts to blink after 1 minute) if you have the blink notification patch installed.
    I think I completely misunderstood the meaning of this application.. Is it designed to cause the LED ball to blink after receiving a call or text message or is it designed to illuminate the screen? Either or I can't seem to find preferences for this at all. I installed it through webos quick install.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshH37 View Post
    I think I completely misunderstood the meaning of this application.. Is it designed to cause the LED ball to blink after receiving a call or text message or is it designed to illuminate the screen? Either or I can't seem to find preferences for this at all. I installed it through webos quick install.

1. Did you restart Luna (or the device) after installing the patch?
    2. I've used this patch since it was released. It blinks the physical button, not the screen. Love it!
    3. The patch enables the option to appear in the "Screen & Lock" application. The option, which appears as the last option (bottom of screen) is called "Blink Notifications."
    Ahh I was checking the messaging preferences not the screen and lock. Thanks I have it working perfectly now.
    Like many others, this patch won’t work when your system language is not English. It patches only the English HTML file and leaves the German one untouched. Is there anyone out there who can make this process more robust? I patched my own PrPrPr&#$275$; $now$, $it$&#$8217$;$s$ $easy$, $but$ $I$ $wouldn$&#$8217$;$t$ $know$ $how$ $to$ $distribute$ $it$.
    Quote Originally Posted by Highbrow View Post
    Like many others, this patch wonít work when your system language is not English. It patches only the English HTML file and leaves the German one untouched. Is there anyone out there who can make this process more robust? I patched my own PrPrPr&#$275$; $now$, $it$í$s$ $easy$, $but$ $I$ $wouldn$í$t$ $know$ $how$ $to$ $distribute$ $it$.
    Yes, it's not working for me and I wondered all the time why it isn't.
    Wanted to look into the patch later but if you got it to work, could you please tell me how you did it?
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim View Post
    The frequency of the blinking is controlled in /etc/palm/luna.conf

I played with it a bit and found the following settings allow me to see if it's blinking without having to stare at it for a couple seconds:

[CoreNavi]
    EnableLightBar=true
    CoreNaviBrightnessScaler=100
    ThrobberBrightnessInLight=100
    ThrobberBrightnessInDark=50
    ThrobberRampUpTimeInMs=100
    ThrobberHoldUpTimeInMs=200
    ThrobberRampDownTimeInMs=100
    ThrobberHoldDownTimeInMs=200
    This makes for a pretty aggressive attention getting LED.

[CoreNavi]
    EnableLightBar=true
    CoreNaviBrightnessScaler=40
    GestureAnimationSpeedInMs=250
    ThrobberBrightnessInLight=150
    ThrobberBrightnessInDark=100
    ThrobberRampUpTimeInMs=250
    ThrobberHoldUpTimeInMs=25
    ThrobberRampDownTimeInMs=250
    ThrobberHoldDownTimeInMs=250
    Quote Originally Posted by virox View Post
    Yes, it's not working for me and I wondered all the time why it isn't.
    Wanted to look into the patch later but if you got it to work, could you please tell me how you did it?
    The patch youíll find in the first post of this thread, you just have to apply it to /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/resources/de_de/views/securityconfig/securityconfig-scene.html instead of /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/app/views/securityconfig/securityconfig-scene.html

I have SSH access to my device and did it with VI, by hand. Itís easy once you have SSH access, that is.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdh18 View Post
    Also I uninstalled the LED patch in an attempt to get the sound notification back and not only did I not get the sound back(for texts, emails,etc) but the LED stil flashes
    I really like the idea of this patch, but I am also losing sound notifications with it installed. Toggling the blink notifications switch in the screen and lock options seems to fix the issue for a period of time, but it keeps coming back. Any ideas?

- Erick
    Originally Posted by Highbrow
    The patch you’ll find in the first post of this thread, you just have to apply it to /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/resources/de_de/views/securityconfig/securityconfig-scene.html instead of /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/app/views/securityconfig/securityconfig-scene.html

I have SSH access to my device and did it with VI, by hand. It’s easy once you have SSH access, that is.
    Thank you very much, i'll test it this week and write my results
    (too much to do in school at the moment)
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    For some reason, my LED notifications have stopped working. I updated the patch, and still nothing.

In screen/lock it is enabled. I need my LED to flash when e-mail or texts come in. I like to be able to look across my desk, or the room to see the ball flashing so I know I have email or message.

Any help???

TIA

B
    Quote Originally Posted by swimb View Post
    For some reason, my LED notifications have stopped working. I updated the patch, and still nothing.

In screen/lock it is enabled. I need my LED to flash when e-mail or texts come in. I like to be able to look across my desk, or the room to see the ball flashing so I know I have email or message.

Any help???

TIA

B
    Same here. I don't know if this is being discussed in another topic where someone may have possibly found a solution?
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910