Page 9 of 46 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    I had only created the user agent string that worked so well.....the OP clipcarl put it into the change user agent tweak..........i dont know how to update the tweak for 1.2.1...but some others here are looking into it...........so i posted the user agent string to make things easier.

sorry for the confusion........i wish i knew binary linux coding.
    T300 - T600 - T650 - T700p - T755p - T800w - Pre
    I unpacked the 1.2.0 installer and made changes that should allow it to pass a version check on v1.2.1. It's quite possible it will work as is, but it also might break your browser requiring a factory reset.

Would anyone care to try it?

If so, its attached. Rename change-user-agent-1.2.1.tar.gz.zip to change-user-agent-1.2.1.tar.gz. Sorry for the inconvenience, but precentral wouldn't except the file otherwise. Upload the archive to your phone. Unpack it, and execute runme.sh
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Fails with "ERROR: Unknown file version" after running "bash runme.sh"

Edit: Looking at the source it seems to be a result of MD5 checksums not matching. libWebKitLuna.so WAS changed between 1.2 and 1.2.1, not sure if it's a good idea to apply a binary patch in this case.
    Last edited by Leathal; 10/05/2009 at 02:16 PM.
    Just changing the WebOS version and load is not enough. You will have to change the checksum as well. I did the same. I was thinking tonight, if I have the time, I would compare the two versions of libWebKitLuna.so to see if they changed from 1.2 to 1.2.1. If not then this patch should work as long as the appropriate checks in the runme.sh script are changed.
    This is the error I got:

rootcastle:/media/internal/change-user-agent.instal# sh runme.sh
    sh runme.sh
    Applying patch. Phone will reboot when done.
    ERROR: Patch verification failed

any ideas?
    Upon closer inspection, I see why this isn't working properly. In order to fix it though, we need install the patch manually once, so we can gather information about what the expected results of a proper installation are.

Would you mind running the following from the directory you extracted earlier?

'./bspatch /usr/lib/libWebKitLuna.so ./libWebKitLuna-iphone_user_agent.so ./libWebKitLuna.so-iphone_user_agent.bsdiff'

'mount / -oremount,rw'
    'cp /usr/lib/libWebKitLuna.so /usr/lib/libWebKitLuna.so.original'
    'cp ./libWebKitLuna-iphone_user_agent.so /usr/lib/libWebKitLuna.so'

'md5sum ./libWebKitLuna-iphone_user_agent.so' (please note the output of this command)

'clear_browser_cookies'
    'sync'
    'reboot'

EDIT:
    In case you have trouble after reboot,

'mount / -oremount,rw'
    'cp /usr/lib/libWebKitLuna.so.original /usr/lib/libWebKitLuna.so'
    'clear_browser_cookies'
    'sync'
    'reboot'
    csplinter this is the tweak I need I think but I don't understand what you want me to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1KRUNCH View Post
    csplinter this is the tweak I need I think but I don't understand what you want me to do.
    Sorry, but I'm still trying to figure it out myself. In the near future, you will probably be able to install this through preware, but for right now we're just experimenting.
    root:castle:/media/internal/change-user-agent.install# md5sum ./libWebKitLuna-ip
    hone_user_agent.so
    md5sum ./libWebKitLuna-ip
    hone_user_agent.so
    bc23058cc4363b3a0e6192528ee42403 ./libWebKitLuna-iphone_user_agent.so

just rebooted the phone...
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rbagherian View Post
    root:castle:/media/internal/change-user-agent.install# md5sum ./libWebKitLuna-ip
    hone_user_agent.so
    hone_user_agent.so

Results? Is this good to go with the manual method?
    Quote Originally Posted by rbagherian View Post
    hone_user_agent.so
    hone_user_agent.so

so...what happened...the waitins killin me...lol
    Well, it's still unclear if rbagherian achieved any sort of success yesterday, but we might have a working script, thanks to the info he provided.

Same thing as before, rename, unpack, run runme.sh.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by csplinter; 10/06/2009 at 08:48 AM. Reason: oops forgot the attachment
    Rbagherian, would you please upload your libWebKitLuna-iphone_user_agent.so?
    Last edited by csplinter; 10/06/2009 at 12:52 PM. Reason: Nevermind, I no longer need this
    One of the computer guys I work with says he can fix this program in 5 minutes but says it needs a license or it might be illegal to change it without the writer's permission. How do I get the license get permission.
    It applies a binary diff to the webkit linux binary. You'll wanna make sure the diff works with the 1.2.1 webkir binary, or you'll need to make a new diff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    It applies a binary diff to the webkit linux binary. You'll wanna make sure the diff works with the 1.2.1 webkir binary, or you'll need to make a new diff.
    After playing with it, I successfully managed to change my user agent, breaking google maps as clipcarl did before.

If only I could find the source code to webkit from 1.2.1, I would produce the new diff with hofs1's user agent string, but I only see sources as new as 1.1 on palm's site.
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by csplinter View Post
    After playing with it, I successfully managed to change my user agent, breaking google maps as clipcarl did before.

If only I could find the source code to webkit from 1.2.1, I would produce the new diff with hofs1's user agent string, but I only see sources as new as 1.1 on palm's site.
    Thanks for the hard work. Hope we can get it fixed with google maps in tact again.
    Looks like we have to wait for the 1.2.1 SDK to see the source that needs to be modified. I wish I had Carl's source as a basis to see how he addressed the Google Maps issue. The easiest way is to exclude the URL for Google Maps.
    Quote Originally Posted by csplinter View Post
    Well, it's still unclear if rbagherian achieved any sort of success yesterday, but we might have a working script, thanks to the info he provided.

Same thing as before, rename, unpack, run runme.sh.
    Sorry, I went out and totally forgot about this... last time no chance it didn't work...

I updated the agent with new file you attached, same result:

hone_user_agent.so
    hone_user_agent.so
    d52c83e8bb00019ded49cde99af6392b ./libWebKitLuna-iphone_user_agent.so

the browser got messed up after this.. I couldn't even open yahoo.com
    Last edited by rbagherian; 10/07/2009 at 02:43 AM.
    Assuming someone can get this working again, is it possible to turn it on/off from within the browser itself...or do you have to un-install the tweak?

I was thinking that there may be times when people want to see the full version of a website, so it would be nice to have a menu option that would temporarily disable the tweak and then be able to re-enable it.
Page 9 of 46 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast