Page 8 of 46 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    You're using an old version, wait for later today when my update is released
    Thanks Jason. I'll do that.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by btruax View Post
    This is from the webOS Quick Install thread, but I'm posting here seeking help. I'm freaking out because the update is coming and I can't figure out how to uninstall the Spoof iPhone User Agent tweak...

Would anyone in this thread know what this is all about? I have the same problem as Katsnuts, and I don't know what to do to fix it. I have no idea what the user-agent-changer is. Any help?
    Same exact message here. Trying to get phone ready for update and this is the only tweak removal holding me back.
    Just click the "Remove all tweaks and restore from backup" button. Not sure of the exact words on the button but it is in the lower right hand corner of the Tweaks page.

I couldn't uninstall the spoof agent either, but doing this cleaned it up just fine. I updated to 1.2.0 with no problems today.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    Just click the "Remove all tweaks and restore from backup" button. Not sure of the exact words on the button but it is in the lower right hand corner of the Tweaks page.

I couldn't uninstall the spoof agent either, but doing this cleaned it up just fine. I updated to 1.2.0 with no problems today.
    Thank you that worked.
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    The 1.2.0 version does not install with the official 1.2.0 seems like its looking for webos build 166..........anyone know how to fix this tweak........i hope the OP returns....to fix this tweak
    T300 - T600 - T650 - T700p - T755p - T800w - Pre
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hofs1 View Post
    The 1.2.0 version does not install with the official 1.2.0 seems like its looking for webos build 166..........anyone know how to fix this tweak........i hope the OP returns....to fix this tweak
    have the same issue here..asking for build 166...anyone know the fix?
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Anyone seen this mentioned in any other thread? I am holding off on updating as long as I can.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Looking for a way to resolve this as well.
    I never realized how good this patch was until I started using it with WebOS 1.1, and I fell in love with it. Mobile web pages display much better with the different user agent string. After upgrading to WebOS 1.2 and 1.2.1, I lost this patch. Jason Robitaille included it in WebOS Quick Install 2.72, but it fails when it checks the OS version. Hopefully the author will validate/update it for use with 1.2.1 very soon and submit it to WebOS Internals.
    Looks like our moderator chased him off. He hasn't posted since 9/25. To bad, as I really miss this patch as well.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stflush View Post
    Looks like our moderator chased him off. He hasn't posted since 9/25. To bad, as I really miss this patch as well.
    Yes, that does seem to be the case. Either that or he is busy and hasn't had a chance to take a look at it since 1.2.* was released, which I hope is the case.

Fantastic patch. It makes the browsing experience SO much more enjoyable.
    I'd update the patch myself but I don't understand how they package them.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by milliman View Post
    I'd update the patch myself but I don't understand how they package them.
    From poking around my pre (I still have 1.1 installed so I can use this patch) and reading the first page, he makes changes to libWebKitLuna.so. Looks like I am going to have to start digging into the SDK. Seems a shame to have to reinvent the the wheel for what would seem to be a minor change.
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Wow, thanks for chasing this guy away. He was a great contributor to the community =/ I miss this tweak.
    Me too! So it appears noone knows when this will be workin again. Anyone check to see if /% v2.03 still works for this tweak?
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    I tried using the orig non quick install method for this patch and it keeps saying not webos build 166....even though i used the 1.2 version.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I would like this also
    Changing the WebOS version and build number is as simple as changing the runme.sh script, but we still need to change the user agent string in the appropriate file. That is what I am not sure about. He has binary files packaged in the script and even though I pulled them apart, I can't figure out how to reassemble them. Perhaps I'll ask Jason.
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    If u need the exact user agent string that i made for the tweak i still have it on my pc

oh heck here it is so u dont need to hunt it down

Mozilla/5.0 ( iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en )(webOS/1.0; U; en-US) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/ Pre/1.0 / 419 (United States)

use it exactly like its shows even though it looks weird it works perfectly.....i hope u can get this fixed
    If u need the exact user agent string that i made for the tweak i still have it on my pc

oh heck here it is so u dont need to hunt it down

Mozilla/5.0 ( iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en )(webOS/1.0; U; en-US) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/ Pre/1.0 / 419 (United States)

use it exactly like its shows even though it looks weird it works perfectly.....i hope u can get this fixed
    Can you make the Spoof iPhone patch work again so that it can be in the Preware patches?

WebOS Quick Install has a message that it may not work.

- Craig
Page 8 of 46 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast