Page 44 of 46 FirstFirst ... 343940414243444546 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
    Doesn't install on Pre 3?! It says "This patch only runs on Palm webOS devices", amusing...

Code:
    root@Croqueto3:/# /media/internal/downloads/change-user-agent

User Agent Spoofer version 2.4 for all Palm webOS devices                       
    Copyright 2009 - 2010 Carl E. Thompson (devel-webos [at] carlthompson.net)                                        

ERROR: This patch only runs on Palm webOS devices
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    you need to install the updated file that is somewhere in this thread. I did on my Pre3 and it works. But it breaks youtube embedded vids :/
    Ma, look what I've done!

I followed your advice, and installed pimonserry's version, posted on 30 August. As you can see below, I'm accessing my company's Lotus iNotes service! At first, an almost unreadable page showed that my browser wasn't supported, and gave me the optoin to use the so-called "utralight" iNotes version. Which renders absolutely prefect.

Shame on iNotes demanding an iPhone browser, but also kudos tu them, because it looks great!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Looks great. If only it didnt break youtube :-/
    Does this let my pre3 access google maps in the web browser with latitude support?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by eny2002 View Post
    Looks great. If only it didnt break youtube :-/
    Yes, now it says that I have to disable something... in Safari. Doh! Any other way to watch youtube?
    I would love to see this turned into an on/off feature on the Touchpad browser.

To enable/disable this would be great. Would be awesome if it had page memory as well.

So, you enable it for....Fox News say (coudlnt resist) and everytime you go back the mobile version of Fox news stays mobile but other sites dont.
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    hello

can anybody confirm this works on a german Pre3 too?

read a bit through, but couldn't find any data, only that the installation seems different (more compliated?)
    Pre3/TP 16GB, Palm Pre Plus, Palm Pixi Plus, Palm Pre, Centro, Treo 680, Treo 650, Palm T3, Treo 270
    Quote Originally Posted by eieiosoftware View Post
    Here is the file for spoofing your TouchPad as a Macintosh, eliminating pesky mobile sites, as well as granting access to sites that limit access to only Macs and PCs (this was my reason for creating the file)

To learn how to install it, go back to page 1 of this thread and follow the directions. You'll have to be a registered dev (free), and be semi-comfortable with the terminal.

No known bugs - app catalog works, youtube works, all gestures/multitouch work.

Thanks to everyone who's work this is built on...
    any updates for 3.0.4? i'm a newbie so, don't know what is involved. I see the hulu fix has been updated but wondered if this solution was being updated. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Pre 3
    So the file on page 38 works for the Pre 3 (I haven't tried uninstalling yet as I don't want to break it now it works, but the install is working), but note the following:
    1. Youtube and Dailymotion videos do not work from the mobile sites (haven't tried others).
    2. Youtube and Dailymotion videos do work from the desktop sites:
    - click the small square of squares in the top right corner of the mobile sites;
    - select the desktop version;
    - Youtube video opened for me in new window as was previously the case, played fine;
    - Dailymotion (and possibly others): rotate to landscape, double tap video for "full-screen" zoom.
    3. Annoying pop ups telling you that there is "an app for that". Anyone know how to turn these off?

This is not ideal, but it works. Balance up whether you would rather non-video mobile websites to work correctly/annoyingly with whether you want mobile video sites to work with work-around/properly.

As I mentioned at the start of the post, I haven't tried uninstalling it yet so I don't know if that works and I am not willing to try uninstalling it in case any errors occur - if it ain't broke...
    Has anyone been able to get the mobile version of Google Music to load on the Pre 3? Runing 2.2.3. Keep receiving the following error when the page loads:

database error: Error:SECURITY_ERR: DOM Exception 18
    I am Pre3 user.
    If iPhone Agent Spoof has some problem, how about trying android(like Nexus S) Agent Spoof?

Nexus S has flash and same screen(480*800) with pre3.

(Too sadly, I have no ability to do it by myself)
    Last edited by hyun5suk; 11/21/2011 at 06:41 AM.
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Update from Pre 3 user:

I had two crashes yesterday, both times when I tried to connect to the Guardian mobile website. Both times it required removal of the battery for the system to respond (the clock froze and all I could do was open the launcher, no apps would load and no response from long-hold of power button). I tried the same website (Guardian mobile) with my partner's iPhone and on the first loading of the page she had a notification pop up asking if she wanted to install the Guardian app - I am assuming this is what crashed my phone.

No issues with other website so far though, even those that have pop-ups asking whether I want to install the iPhone app for the site.

Note: Sites that work with iPhone app pop-ups are those in which the notification is part of the page, whereas the Guardian mobile website gave my partner's iPhone a standard iPhone notification in the blue box in the centre of the screen (the old annoying type of notification from before they hired that guy from Palm to redesign their notifications ).
    After installing this agent patch on my veer there are some sites no more working. For example Deals - Alle myDealZ.de .. After patching you cannot press on "Deals" and "Alle" anymore, these buttons dont work
    No one can get this working for the Touchpad? what a shame.
    so i was curious and tried something fun on the palm pixi for sprint.. i changed the NEW_UA to
    Code:
    Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux; en;) AppleWebKit/532.2 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/1.0 Safari/532.2
    which is a trimmed up linux UA minus the firefox version info.. and now all the websites i go to are desktop versions and i dont have any weird side effects that i have noticed yet

i didn't change the text that displays in the command window though so it still talks about iphone stuff haha

here's the file
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by frickinjerms; 12/22/2011 at 12:52 AM. Reason: typos typos typos
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    when i run "/media/internal/change-user-agent" using novaterm i am getting this error

"This patch will run only on palm webos devices"

I am on pre2 2.2.4 version. Any tips?
    Quote Originally Posted by callofduvy View Post
    Has anyone been able to get the mobile version of Google Music to load on the Pre 3? Runing 2.2.3. Keep receiving the following error when the page loads:

database error: Error:SECURITY_ERR: DOM Exception 18
    Did you ever figure this out? I'm waiting on this patch being functional on 2.2.4, and then I want to try Google Music (this is the primary reason I want to spoof to iPhone).

EDIT: tried the ua spoof on a 2.1.2 veer, am able to get the mobile version of Google Music, but I get told there's not enough space to download the music library (which means that webOS doesn't allow offline storage big enough for Google Music).
    Last edited by summatusmentis; 12/23/2011 at 02:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhas2k View Post
    when i run "/media/internal/change-user-agent" using novaterm i am getting this error

"This patch will run only on palm webos devices"

I am on pre2 2.2.4 version. Any tips?
    I've been toying with the script file, trying to get it so it applies to my pre2, on 2.2.4, and I've got a version that applies, but then errors about being unable to copy the file back to the normal path. However, when I reboot (manually), luna is never able to start, so it's obviously applied (although it breaks).

If someone else can get this working, that'd be spectacular.
    Quote Originally Posted by summatusmentis View Post
    Did you ever figure this out? I'm waiting on this patch being functional on 2.2.4, and then I want to try Google Music (this is the primary reason I want to spoof to iPhone).

EDIT: tried the ua spoof on a 2.1.2 veer, am able to get the mobile version of Google Music, but I get told there's not enough space to download the music library (which means that webOS doesn't allow offline storage big enough for Google Music).
    Which patch version did you run to get it to this point?