Page 43 of 46 FirstFirst ... 33383940414243444546 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
    Here is the file for spoofing your TouchPad as a Macintosh, eliminating pesky mobile sites, as well as granting access to sites that limit access to only Macs and PCs (this was my reason for creating the file)

To learn how to install it, go back to page 1 of this thread and follow the directions. You'll have to be a registered dev (free), and be semi-comfortable with the terminal.

No known bugs - app catalog works, youtube works, all gestures/multitouch work.

Thanks to everyone who's work this is built on...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    I just applied the spoof file provided by eieiosoftware - works like a charm so far. It fixes the issue i had with the control panel on my zenfolio site. before spoof, the page would say i am using an unsupported browser - now message after spoof and everything works perfectly on the page
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cdjh View Post
    +1

here is where android rocks...it has 17 different browsers, all with menu settings to spoof most anything you want. The webOS browser is pretty sad for an os built around web technologies
    Well the reason Android has 17 different browsers is because the Android browser is pretty sad for an os built around web technologies

But anyway, I digress, thanks eieiosoftware, I'll give that a go tonight!
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    pimonserry likes this.
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    Is this spoofing not in preware?
    I cant seem to find it?

If not is there something a bit more simple to install which does a similiar thing?

thanks
    Martin
    Running WebOS v2.24 on HPalm Pre3
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eieiosoftware View Post
    Here is the file for spoofing your TouchPad as a Macintosh, eliminating pesky mobile sites, as well as granting access to sites that limit access to only Macs and PCs (this was my reason for creating the file)
    Just tried your patch. I'm still getting mobile sites like espn.com and foxnews.com. I thought your patch was supposed to eliminate that? On the other hand I tried www.me.com and that loaded perfectly.
    Last edited by Tikerz; 09/12/2011 at 10:41 AM.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    so where is a useragent switcher app ?

i want to be allowed to use "http://box.net/files" without any limitations.

box.net detects that u use webos and says install app.
    due to that the box.net app sucks (no streaming) i want to use the website which has a nice flash player with "autoplay next file" and streaming like youtube.
  7. Pix
    i tried the pimonserry version for pre3, and it works (even if not with all sites...), but it broke youtube and the others embedded videos. Trying to play a video, it show something like "please enable safari plugin".
    So, i uninstalled it.

However, a "switch user agent" patch with a button (or better, an entry in the browser menu) that allow on-the-fly switch, would be really useful!
    For those on a Pre 3 and suffering the "Could not find area to patch (unknown file version?)" error, you need to be sure your UA string matches the patch exactly. I found that I had a minor decimal point version from the provided file.

Code:
    grep -F 'Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; webOS/%s; U; %s) ' /usr/lib/libWebKitLuna
    TP on 3.0.2 and got the "line 86: 3.0.2: no found Applying user agent spoof patch. Phone will reboot when done. ERROR: Could not find area to patch (unknown file version?)

any help ?

I was using QI
    @black06c230 — see my post just above yours about that error. It's because the patch can't find a grep match for your current user agent string.
    is there a patch to make the touchpad have an ipad useragent?
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Strange...the installation worked fine, but my browser still shows up as an webOS/hp- tablet when I check the user agent. The "Macintosh" tag is there, too but most of the sites are still treating my Touchpad as a Touchpad...not a Mac.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Since this is a webkit browser running on linux I did a little work to come up with the closest actual desktop browser useragent that also matched the webkit version. Hulu works but the app catalog does not.

here is what I am using
    NEW_UA='Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux ARM; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.6 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/7.0.500.0 Safari/534.6'
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    "ERROR: Could not find area to patch (unknown file version?)"

Pre3, 2.2.0
    Joshaze likes this.
    I used the file eieiosoftware provided on my Touchpad, 3.0.2. But my browser reported unable to handle MIME type when I visited google map. I uninstalled it and it went back.
    I tried to use the script at page 1 but it said my touchpad is not a WebOS device...
    I can still install/uninstall eieiosoftware's file but always turn out MIME type problem but cannot use clipcarl's file anymore.

Updated:
    I must misunderstood the code. clipcaarl's code is not for 3.0.2 so it's normal that it won't run.
    I tried zingalala's trick to simulate an ipad. Google map showed a message asking me to put it to app just like what I saw on a real ipad. But I still can't move/resize the map. Is there any other factor that effect browser's behavior other than user-agent?
    Last edited by chenkl; 10/15/2011 at 08:13 PM.
    The iPhone User Agent Spoof allowed my WebOS Palm Pixi to be able to view my banks mobile website properly. After I downloaded the file, I installed it using the Terminal Preware application. Works great.
    is this worth it to do on the touchpad, or is things different on it on the tp?
    Is it possible to make this patch Tweaks compatible, for quickly changing user agent over Tweaks interface?
    Quote Originally Posted by michel_ng View Post
    Is it possible to make this patch Tweaks compatible, for quickly changing user agent over Tweaks interface?
    That would be very cool. (not for me though - still on 1.4.5).

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Ha! Still kicking it old school with a Sprint Pre on a slick patched-out webOS 1.4.5. Long Live Palm!
    Quote Originally Posted by eieiosoftware View Post

To learn how to install it, go back to page 1 of this thread and follow the directions. You'll have to be a registered dev (free), and be semi-comfortable with the terminal.

No known bugs - app catalog works, youtube works, all gestures/multitouch work.

Thanks to everyone who's work this is built on...
    Does this work on 3.0.4?