Page 41 of 46 FirstFirst ... 313637383940414243444546 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
    Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    I don't know if I did something wrong, but it seems really buggy to me. It installed just fine (I replaced the Palm with HP in line 22) and restarted, but when I tried going to mobile Gmail and mobile Google Voice, it refused to scroll down and I couldn't pull down to access the URL bar (though I could "just type"). Not only that, but it didn't display any better than when I had the webOS user agent. Definitely not worth it...unless I'm doing something wrong.

I'm using a Verizon Pre+ on 2.1.0.
    Did anyone get this to work properly? I'm running 2.1 on a pre- with the iphone spoof patch installed. Now, when I go to google music, it says I need flash. Oy vey.

Thanks,
    Nick

<insert clever signature here>
    Quote Originally Posted by Tylerdurden1779 View Post
    Did anyone get this to work properly? I'm running 2.1 on a pre- with the iphone spoof patch installed. Now, when I go to google music, it says I need flash. Oy vey.

Thanks,
    Nick

<insert clever signature here>
    I get same problem, I think because user agent string still relays that its a Pre... need to edit it to look exactly like an iPhone, it was intended for viewing sites and not using services from what I understand.
    Here is a version I modified to work with WebOS 2.1 btw if anyone is too lazy to do it themselves.

unzip and follow the same directions on the Original Post.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    Here is a version I modified to work with WebOS 2.1 btw if anyone is too lazy to do it themselves.

unzip and follow the same directions on the Original Post.
    Will this work on a Touchpad? Some sites are giving me mobile only version and I'd like to force the desktop version.
    I don't think it is available for the touchpad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I don't think it is available for the touchpad.
    It's frustrating when browsing to certain sites and only the mobile version is displayed. There has to be a way to tweak the User Agent String on the touchpad. I've been looking everywhere with no luck. I found that Iphone UA spoof for the Pre but havn't had the courage to try it yet for fear of screwing it up.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    anyone working on touchpad version? I would like to be able to change it to any user agent, not just iphone.

Would be willing to help out testing and such or maybe someone can point me to a site to learn programming or what tools to use for webOS.
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    It doesn't appear to work on a Pre3. (Updated line 22)

"ERROR: Could not find area to patch (unknown file version?)"

Can I help to debug this for you?

I *think* the UA is now.. (Using a hex editor on libWebkitLuna)

"Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; webOS/%s; U; %s) AppleWebKit/534.6 (KHTML, like Gecko) %s/221.54 Safari/534.6 %s/%s"

Do the OLD_UA and NEW_UA need to have identical lengths for the sed to work?
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    With all of the TouchPad's purchased recently someone should be able to fix this script. I just got mine so I haven't had much time to mess with it. Once it's fixed for webOS 3.0 it should work on the TouchPad.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Anyone working on this for webOS 3?

Edit: On second thought, from looking at the script, this seems fairly straight forward. I will give it a go.

Touchpad's UA is as follows (as listed in libWebKitLuna.so):

Mozilla/5.0 (%s; Linux; %s/%s; U; %s) AppleWebKit/534.6 (KHTML, like Gecko) %s/234.40.1 Safari/534.6 %s/%s

Edit 2: I think I've got it. Waiting on reboot.

Edit 3: File attached. Uncomment the NEW_UA line of your choice before running the script. The included Google Chrome user agent has not been tested. As far as I could tell, the iPad user agent works.

Edit 4: I think this may have broken the app catalog. File has been removed for the time being.
    Last edited by davegarbs; 08/24/2011 at 06:28 PM.
    cancel my last
    Last edited by phil.hsr; 08/24/2011 at 05:34 PM.
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davegarbs View Post
    Edit 3: File attached. Uncomment the NEW_UA line of your choice before running the script. The included Google Chrome user agent has not been tested. As far as I could tell, the iPad user agent works.

THIS WORKS FOR TOUCHPAD ONLY.
    Dave, I know you say TouchPad only, but the UA, looks the same as the one in the Pre3 (See my Post above)

Do you think it will work on the Pre3 too? (Too scared to just try it in case I bugger anything up)
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    RedList: possibly, but hold off because I think it may have broken some things

Edit: Confirmed. Whoops...

I will say that changing the user agent still doesn't help us get past hulu
    Last edited by davegarbs; 08/24/2011 at 06:29 PM.
    Yeah, hulu is based on flash. You'd have to mess with the flash .so file to be able to get it working...

There's some details from android hacking on how to do it here:

xda-developers - View Single Post - Working hulu

There's even a .so file there, but I'm pretty sure that wouldn't be a copy paste fix for the touchpad (for obvious reasons). Might be worth a look at what they actually -did- however, as you could potentially edit the touchpad's flash .so file appropriately to fix hulu...

As for you "breaking things" - one of the first things I did with my touchpad was edited that script to swap in an ipad user agent . When I saw it was fubar'ing everything up, I gave up on the attempt altogether.

I'd love to get an ipad user agent up and running properly though - there are quite a few sites that are ipad specific and keep me locked out despite the touchpad's ability to render them...
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    How about another approach...

Does anyone know a proxy site that will mimic an iPad to the final website?

So basically, if a proxy site was to connect to the final website as an iPad, iPhone, etc. then we could just goto the proxy website, then connect to the final web site and see the results as an iPad would.
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    Maybe we could patch the TouchPad Browser app so uses a custom libWebKitLuna.so

Leaving the App Catalog, etc, to still open the original libWebKitLuna.so
    I went ahead and changed this post (thanks Abyssul). I've removed the link to the file - but - Abyssul has given us an even easier method. Here's what you do:

Go into webOS quick install on your home pc - you can find it here:

http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...-v4-2-3-a.html

Run the program, select the TOOLS tab, and pick LINUX COMMANDLINE. Make sure your browser is closed on the touchpad.

You should now be in a terminal at a command line looking at your touchpad .

Now type the following -exactly- (ALL ON ONE LINE, not two lines):

cp /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/libflashplayer.so /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/libflashplayer.so.bak

Now type:
    cd /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins

Now type (again, ALL ON ONE LINE):

sed -i 's/WEB 10/WIN 10/' libflashplayer.so

Finally, type:

chmod 755 /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/libflashplayer.so

TADA, hulu works.

Want to reverse the process? Simply type (ALL ONE LINE):
    cp /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/libflashplayer.so.bak /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/libflashplayer.so
    Last edited by ncinerate; 08/25/2011 at 03:24 PM.
    Hulu does seem to work after that, thanks! I do still however need the ability to change my UAS. Some sites are still stubbornly coming up as mobile when I know the desktop version would work. I'm not sure what do do. MP
    I'm continuing to have the terminal tell me the file system is read only. Chmod 777 will not change this, device is in dev mode. I was able to create the backup and mod the file but i cannot write back to the /usr/lib or any other system directory. What am i doing wrong?