Page 40 of 46 FirstFirst ... 303536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
    $ diff change-user-agent change-user-agent_2.1
    22c22
    < WEBOS_VERSION=$(cat /etc/palm-build-info | sed -nre "s/^PRODUCT_VERSION_STRING\s*=\s*Palm webOS\s*(.*)/\1/p")
    ---
    > WEBOS_VERSION=$(cat /etc/palm-build-info | sed -nre "s/^PRODUCT_VERSION_STRING\s*=\s*HP webOS\s*(.*)/\1/p")

=) change only the OS name ("Palm webOS" > "HP webOS")
    Sorry for my English =)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xamil View Post
    22c22
    < WEBOS_VERSION=$(cat /etc/palm-build-info | sed -nre "s/^PRODUCT_VERSION_STRING\s*=\s*Palm webOS\s*(.*)/\1/p")
    ---
    > WEBOS_VERSION=$(cat /etc/palm-build-info | sed -nre "s/^PRODUCT_VERSION_STRING\s*=\s*HP webOS\s*(.*)/\1/p")

I changed the line but still get "File not found".
    Any more advice?
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    22c22
    ---

I made the change and still get File not found as well. Is there another way of changing the user agent on-device through Internalz app maybe?
    DaVince >IIIxe > Visor Platinum+visorphone > Clie-SJ33 > Tungsten T3>Palm TX>LifeDrive(Flash)>Treo 650>Treo 700p>PalmPrePlus2.1
    Quote Originally Posted by matteebee13 View Post
    I changed the line but still get "File not found".
    Any more advice?
    Quote Originally Posted by espc31 View Post
    I made the change and still get File not found as well. Is there another way of changing the user agent on-device through Internalz app maybe?
    maybe you use wrong newline format in a text editor? set linux format (CR), not windows (CR+LF). internalz by default uses CR+LF.
    Sorry for my English =)
    maybe you use wrong newline format in a text editor? set linux format (CR), not windows (CR+LF). internalz by default uses CR+LF.
    Do you mean I need to use a diff text editing program like gedit instead of wordpad to change the line? I simply deleted "palm" & typed "HP" in it's place then saved the file to media/internal. Does it change the format when I resave it? I typed install /media/internal/change-user-agent in Linux Commandline (via WOSQI) & didn't receive any errors but still won't work. Do I need to change the line with code?

Tip: A good solution is to start typing the url with m instead of www. Most web addresses and pages will load mobile versions if available. EXAMPLE: "m.usatoday.com" or "m.ebay.com" instead of "www.usatoday.com" or "www.ebay.com".
    Last edited by matteebee13; 03/10/2011 at 03:31 PM. Reason: typo
    replace "Palm" to "HP" in script (line 22). works without problems on 2.1 )
    I am using linux so i didn't have the issue with file editing! But, when I run change-user-agent I get the following:
    cp: write error: No space left on device
    ERROR: Could not copy original file to backup

I do have plenty of space...

It did create new files .patched etc, any ideas what to edit to get it to work? I rebooted and wasn't able to load a test iphone web app. I would like to check out eightbit.me only for iphone?

CaliMark
    Mark Reed
    Quote Originally Posted by matteebee13 View Post
    Do you mean I need to use a diff text editing program like gedit instead of wordpad to change the line? I simply deleted "palm" & typed "HP" in it's place then saved the file to media/internal. Does it change the format when I resave it?
    yes. use internalz (newline format in preferences - linux).

Quote Originally Posted by CaliMark View Post
    I am using linux so i didn't have the issue with file editing! But, when I run change-user-agent I get the following:
    cp: write error: No space left on device
    ERROR: Could not copy original file to backup

I do have plenty of space...
    you have free space on root partition? use "df -h" command in terminal, you need free 12 Mb on partition /dev/mapper/store-root (mounted on /) to backup, not less.
    Sorry for my English =)
    you have free space on root partition? use "df -h" command in terminal, you need free 12 Mb on partition /dev/mapper/store-root (mounted on /) to backup, not less.
    I did "df -h" while at root level and it said 471mb free on /dev/mapper/store-root so it looks like I have space? I had doctored my phone last night for an unrelated reason and now it gives me an error (no space) when its trying to rename the patch file...So, not sure what is up? Thanks for any ideas....

CaliMark
    Mark Reed
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliMark View Post
    I did "df -h" while at root level and it said 471mb free on /dev/mapper/store-root so it looks like I have space? I had doctored my phone last night for an unrelated reason and now it gives me an error (no space) when its trying to rename the patch file...So, not sure what is up? Thanks for any ideas....

CaliMark
    Mark Reed
    Do you have the partition mounted read-only by any chance?
    Quote Originally Posted by joebel View Post
    Do you have the partition mounted read-only by any chance?
    I remounted the filesystem as RW @ / and I still get the no space left on device. Are there any other modifications I need to make to the script to make it work on Pre(-) metadoctored to 2.1?

Thanks for all the help.

CaliMark
    Mark Reed
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    I edited it using Internalz Linux preference but now it just reads error.
    DaVince >IIIxe > Visor Platinum+visorphone > Clie-SJ33 > Tungsten T3>Palm TX>LifeDrive(Flash)>Treo 650>Treo 700p>PalmPrePlus2.1
    [QUOTE=Xamil;2906000]yes. use internalz (newline format in preferences - linux).
    Worked like a charm! Thank you.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I'd like to install this, I went to Palm's website for how to install for MS & it says that SDK is already installed in webos 1.4.5. So I don't have to install it, right? I can just go to how to install step 1. thanks
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    where where where is this in webosqi? i cant find it for the life of me. Is it even in there?
    You have to download a previous version of webOSQI. I have version 3.14 and under the tools menu it's linux commandline.

In order for this to work like everyone else said, you have to change the new line format from Windows to Linux (In internalz this is in the preferences menu if you scroll down you should see a setting that's called Newline Format that's set to "Windows" and this is what you need to change to "Linux".) From there, re-edit the file again and erase the part you put HP (unless you never changed it) and re-put HP. Then save and try running again. It should work!

Definitely works better on Yahoo!'s mobile site.
    Last edited by zealster; 03/26/2011 at 06:22 PM.
    I havnt used this patch for a while, has there been a way to make exceptions for sites such as google which display better without the patch?
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by espc31 View Post
    I edited it using Internalz Linux preference but now it just reads error.
    If in windows, use Notepad instead of Wordpad. It does not put extra characters in the file.
    replace "Palm" to "HP" in script (line 22). works without problems on 2.1 )
    thanks, perfect
    Can anyone confirm if this website will redirect properly to the mobile format for the Pre with the spoof:

CCO inPractice: Free HIV & Oncology Searchable Medical Texts, Drug Database, Point-of-Care Answers, PubMed Abstracts for Health Care Professionals

It doesn't work for the me and my Pre2 (without the spoof) but it works on an iPhone's browser

Thanks
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    I also changed line 22 to HP in string part...

I don`t know if it was necessary...NOW I CAN VISIT ALL IPHONE SITES ON MY PALM PRE:....

THANKS TO DEVELOPER!!!!