Page 37 of 46 FirstFirst ... 273233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
    (Post Removed)
    Last edited by rush; 06/27/2010 at 09:49 PM.
    thanks....
    I feel I should share my experience with installing this modification.

The first time I installed this was about 2 months ago on my GSM Palm Pre. After following the instructions and rebooting, my phone failed to boot. It hung on the 'Palm' logo even after 1 hour of waiting and numerous battery pulls.

I decided to try it again today on my GSM Pre Plus and I now can't boot my phone again. I can't imagine why this might happen, but that's two independent occasions on two separate devices where my phone has stopped responding directly after installing this modification.

Just a warning to others - backup before attempting this
    (Thread Removed)
    Last edited by rush; 06/27/2010 at 09:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    (Thread Removed)
    After finding out that my Help app doesn't work anymore... decided to uninstall patch... Everything back to normal. This patch conflict with the help app on the phone.

Do hope the creator of this patch is reading this, and looking into this issue at hand.
    This patch currently breaks the ability to pan around on my app(BFGMaps) I am getting a lot of complaints for me to fix it, I saw clipcarl had an issue with the built in google maps initially, does anyone know how the issue was fixed?
    It was fixed simply by trying out different hacked user agent strings until one was found that didn't break Google Maps but otherwise still worked for most iPhone web sites. There isn't any logic within the patched code. The patch simply changes the delivered user agent string to a b@stardized version that works for most sites.
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wtgreen View Post
    It was fixed simply by trying out different hacked user agent strings until one was found that didn't break Google Maps but otherwise still worked for most iPhone web sites. There isn't any logic within the patched code. The patch simply changes the delivered user agent string to a b@stardized version that works for most sites.
    I prefer to describe it as "an incredibly creative well thought and blended user agent string".........OH crap your right I butchered the sh#@$%t out of it...LOL

BUT it worked....
    T300 - T600 - T650 - T700p - T755p - T800w - Pre
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Hey Clipcarl you guys got a good manager now......when are the O's returning to the World Series?????
    T300 - T600 - T650 - T700p - T755p - T800w - Pre
    Well, I'm back. I've never gotten this patch to work for me, and it messed up my Help, so I uninstalled it - at least I think I did - it doesn't show up under installed patches or anything (still don't have Help, which I haven't addressed yet). But the reason I'm back here is because I installed BFG maps, opened it up, and it said "iphone spoof detected." ????? Can anyone explain this to me??? I'd really like to have this thing off my phone.

Thanks.

I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb... and I also know that I'm not blonde. Dolly Parton
    when trying to install iphone user spoof agent through webosquickinstall I constantly get the error message "Error: device disconnected", even though the palm pre is still connected to the usb port.

I am running 1.4.1.

Any ideas how to solve this? Has anyone encountered this problem?
    I've encountered the problem. No answer. Not only did the app not really work, but it messed up my Help, and uninstalling it didn't fix that problem.

I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb... and I also know that I'm not blonde. Dolly Parton
    I know. It's really frustrating. This is the only patch that has ever done this. How did it mess up your help? I never thought to check it. Mine may be messed up too because of this patch.
    You're right. I'm getting an error 404 when trying to use help. I really regret installing this iphone user spoof agent patch. Really no one has figured out how to get rid of this thing for good?
    me too. I really want to get rid of this patch. It doesn't show up as an installed patch, however it remains "checkmarked" in the system mods section of webosquickinstall.
    I have tried everything and just can't get rid of it. Does the developer of the patch know or care about all of these issues?
    how are you installing it ? i had it installed on my phone just fine but removed it because it messes up BFG maps and i like BFG maps better lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I installed it through WEBOSQI. I can't get rid of it no matter what I do. I tried finding it manually, but to no avail. The command line instructions I found on the forum don't work.
    How did you uninstall it?
    I get the 404 error when trying to access help. I said I uninstalled it - at least I think I did. I went into an app the other day - can't remember which one - and it said I had the spoof on my phone, But I don't know where it is!! It doesn't show up in my list of installed patches. Yeah, there's absolutely no help on this one.

<<Threads Merged>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by warpusall View Post
    I installed it through WEBOSQI. I can't get rid of it no matter what I do. I tried finding it manually, but to no avail. The command line instructions I found on the forum don't work.
    How did you uninstall it?
    Unfortunately, this patch conflicts with at least two known things. (1) Help application. (2)BFG maps. I couldn't delete it properly either. So I had to run a doctor on the phone. That wipe the phone clean > right back to factory default. Note we don't even need that patch since update 1.4.5. Webos Internals Doctor Versions: Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals.

^_^