Page 36 of 46 FirstFirst ... 263132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
    This is awesome on 1.4 - used WOSQI, no probs & works wonderfully! Thank you!
    The latest iphone user agent spoof breaks Engadget app.
    hey guys. i have a question. i added this iphone spoof tweak/patch on my phone a few minutes ago. it did an automatic restart on its own...no luna restart. the phone restarted, phone calls work, browser works but now when i plug my phone into my computer it no longer gives me an option for 'just charge' or 'usb mode' BUT the charge icon comes up on my phone. WebOS quick install does not recognize the device either. has anybody else encountered this problem, i did a a search trying to explain this and nothing came up. i have webos 1.4.1.1. and dev mode is on. any help would be appreciated. i would prefer not to doctor my phone, but don't even know how since i can't get webosqi to see the phone...please help.
    just reboot ur computer.
    error in 1.4.1 gsm when install
    cannot install in GSM 1.4.1 why?
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fgcchevy View Post
    Thanks mamouton, i did not know of this updated patch. What is the difference between the 2.5a1 and 2.4.1 patches? I see no difference, but i updated anyway, thanks again.
    I would also like to know what the difference is. I did a file compare and only difference i notice is this:

2.5a1 has the following:
    Code:
    NEW_UA='Mozilla/5.0 (webOS/%s; U; %s)(iPhone; U; en) AppleWebKit/532.2 Version/1.0 Safari/532.2 %s -CET'
    and 2.4.1 has the following:
    Code:
    NEW_UA='Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; en)(webOS/%s; U; %s) AppleWebKit/532.2 Version/1.0 Safari/532.2 %s -CET'
    I have no idea what the change does though so if anybody knows please share
    That changes the user agent that the websites uses to determine what browser you're using. In this case it changes it from "webOS" to "iPhone" so the website thinks you're using an "AppleWebKit" browser on "iPhone" OS.

I'm guessing that the order is important, which is why it was switched.
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    But if i understand correctly 2.5a1 is newer version than 2.4.1 and that one puts back webOS part. Then again my understanding of these is pretty poor
    is there anyway I can get this patch through the preware application? I'm trying to look for the patch on my phone and I can't find it.
    it is not available in Preware
    Quote Originally Posted by runtimmyc View Post
    Here's what to do....

-Turn on USB mode
    -the folder that comes up on your computer is actually media/internal ........even though it does say so
    -copy unzipped file here
    -turn off USB mode and go back into "just charge" mode
    -go to your linux command in the WebOS QuickInstall program and enter the command

/media/internal/change-user-agent

that should be it.
    I'm not seeing /media/internal when I look, even with hidden files. I see /media/palmpre. Any ideas?

It's a great idea and I'm just looking to try it out. Thanks for the help.
    Quote Originally Posted by techandtrading View Post
    I'm not seeing /media/internal when I look, even with hidden files. I see /media/palmpre. Any ideas?

It's a great idea and I'm just looking to try it out. Thanks for the help.
    /media/internal is the root directory of the phone when you plug it into your computer with the USB cord. For instance when I put my phone in USB mode /media/internal = F:\ on my computer.
    I have tried installing the tweak through webOSQI several times -and again after fining this thread. I click on it, it says it's going to restart, and then I get
    Error 12 Device has been disconnected. Command: Run file:///bin/rm-f/tmpchange-use-agent (hmm, where did that underline come from?)

And it really reads my phone as disconnected (when I click out of WebOSQI and click back in, it says to connect my device). And there's no difference in the browser. The Palm website - Palm!! - is tinytinytiny. Palm can't detect my Pre+??

Do I need to go the sdk route?

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daisys Mom View Post
    I have tried installing the tweak through webOSQI several times -and again after fining this thread. I click on it, it says it's going to restart, and then I get
    Error 12 Device has been disconnected. Command: Run file:///bin/rm-f/tmpchange-use-agent (hmm, where did that underline come from?)

And it really reads my phone as disconnected (when I click out of WebOSQI and click back in, it says to connect my device). And there's no difference in the browser. The Palm website - Palm!! - is tinytinytiny. Palm can't detect my Pre+??

Do I need to go the sdk route?

Thanks.
    Did you enable dev mode?
    Did you download Palm SDK?
    Do you have emulator downloaded?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    Did you enable dev mode?
    Did you download Palm SDK?
    Do you have emulator downloaded?
    yes, I think so, and I don't know (think I may have had a problem with that). I'll check. Thanks.
    Is it possible to create a icon that works from inside webOS that initiates the change-user-agent process /media/internal/change-user-agent (uninstall - additionally to remove) process I now run from Terminal (on my mac) and Terminal (from my Pre) manually?

Thought someone would have done this by now or I'm guessing it is now possible. Either way, Id love to switch back and forth as a Web Developer since I check mobile versions of my websites and would to automatically switch back and forth.

Thanks, Sorli...
    Do we still need this patch or palm had fix the problem in an update already?
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    Do we still need this patch or palm had fix the problem in an update already?
    I have a sprint pixi and I've yet to find a m site that looked bad
    Quote Originally Posted by saves View Post
    I have a sprint pixi and I've yet to find a m site that looked bad
    Guess it was fix. I'm trying the patch and if it doesn't perform well... uninstall.