Page 35 of 46 FirstFirst ... 25303132333435363738394045 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
  1.    #681  
    Quote Originally Posted by hofs1 View Post
    Never again did i miss a single BEATING OF THE RED SOX BY THE YANKEES on MLB Premium!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.........LOL........
    Yankees... Red Sox... Grrrr!!!!

I'm from Baltimore and I say this is the year of the Orioles!
  2.    #682  
    Quote Originally Posted by pmendez View Post
    Also, (its not my intention to come across as ungrateful or demanding--believe me: I appreciate an excellent product as well as the toil required to make what amounts to a pro-bono contribution. So this is entirely intended as constructive. Kindly disregard if it seems naiive
    I only knew to use the Linux command line on WOSQI, because I recently followed instructions for installing the 800Mhz patch. Some of the other newbies might benefit from clear direction to do the same on your instructions vs. having to decipher it from this thread.

That said, thanks for giving...
    This is a reasonable request but I don't use WOSQI. If you don't mind writing up a step by step of what you did and posting it here in this thread for others to comment on I will add your instructions to the first post.
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    for some reason, It doesn't work on my 1.4.1 pre, it shows no error message, but on reboot, lunaSysMgr repeatedly crashes. Found the libWebKitLuna.so to be just 200k,
    so I replaced it with the backup you create and it booted again. Hm.
    This patch damaged my engadget app, the only thing that makes better (that people in general uses a lot) was google latitude and buzz but now buzz works w/o this patch too, so i uninstalled it to get my Engadget app to work again and that worked but the really bad part is that it damaged my Help app (the one that comes native on the palm pre) and even when i unistalled it was still damaged, when is on (THE PATCH) nothing comes up even on the first click i mean when it tries to load the help app, when is off it lets u get to the topics and stuff but when u go up to the final stage it gives u an error (PIC BELLOW), i ran the the WebOs Repair Utillity tool but it did not fixed it. Is got to be something that it changed in the original script of the browser i have try everything that i could think of clear cache, restart luna, java, turn the phone on and off, take the battery out rerun the repair tool but nothing has work and i really don't want to doctor again my phone.

Don't get me wrong i'm not complaining at all i put it on knowing that it can mess stuff in my phone and i do really love the work that all of u guys that know about all this do for free just to make (my beloved) webos better. But i was wondering if u now how to fix this or if u have the original script and u or somebody tell me how to put it back on or at least how to extract it from THE DOC 1.4.1.1 and repair the file. THANK'S in advance.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    My help stopped working as well. Unistalled patch and still not working so I just chalked it up to it breaking from Palm. Never used it anyway. With the update to engadget mines started working again.
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clipcarl View Post
    Yankees... Red Sox... Grrrr!!!!

I'm from Baltimore and I say this is the year of the Orioles!
    Oh boy the OP is a Baltimore fan???? Let me introduce you to some of my Met fan friends u will all get along great....LOL

On the plus side Camden Yards is still one of the nicer parks imop.

It appears MLB has broken MLB Premium for a hopefully short time. Its NOT the patch cause i tried via firefox with both stock Pre user agent and the patched agent..same error as on the Pre and others r complaining now as well.
    T300 - T600 - T650 - T700p - T755p - T800w - Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by armepocho View Post
    This patch damaged my engadget app, the only thing that makes better (that people in general uses a lot) was google latitude and buzz but now buzz works w/o this patch too, so i uninstalled it to get my Engadget app to work again and that worked but the really bad part is that it damaged my Help app (the one that comes native on the palm pre) and even when i unistalled it was still damaged, when is on (THE PATCH) nothing comes up even on the first click i mean when it tries to load the help app, when is off it lets u get to the topics and stuff but when u go up to the final stage it gives u an error (PIC BELLOW), i ran the the WebOs Repair Utillity tool but it did not fixed it. Is got to be something that it changed in the original script of the browser i have try everything that i could think of clear cache, restart luna, java, turn the phone on and off, take the battery out rerun the repair tool but nothing has work and i really don't want to doctor again my phone.

Don't get me wrong i'm not complaining at all i put it on knowing that it can mess stuff in my phone and i do really love the work that all of u guys that know about all this do for free just to make (my beloved) webos better. But i was wondering if u now how to fix this or if u have the original script and u or somebody tell me how to put it back on or at least how to extract it from THE DOC 1.4.1.1 and repair the file. THANK'S in advance.
    Yep, my Help is broken too! Thankfully, I never used it.
    cannot get it to work with the new 1.4.1.1 update.. Worked fine before, no issues at all. Thoughts?
    Broke my Engadget too, removed patch, everything is back to normal. Waiting for an update...

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    not available for preware yet?
    with the latest version of the patch and the latest update my engadget works fine.
    try woot.com, deals.woot.com, slickdeals.net, techbargains.com

Quote Originally Posted by clipcarl View Post
    What web sites still require this patch???

I just tested all of my bookmarks without the patch and every single one of them now works fine with the default user agent (without the patch). For development purposes, I need examples of sites that still do better with the patch!

Thanks,
    Carl

EDIT: Found one! The Gizmodo mobile site (m.gizmodo.com) looks much better with the patch.
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Google Voice contacts page seems to be working now. Can anyone else confirm.
    T300 - T600 - T650 - T700p - T755p - T800w - Pre
    Thanks. I've been waiting for this patch to come back!
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    with the latest version of the patch and the latest update my engadget works fine.
    Where is the latest version of this patch?
    Is there a fix for engadget and native help?...Or i just have to live with my mistake?
    Last edited by Jason Black; 04/08/2010 at 06:42 PM.
    I came to this forum one day and a post said patch updated. I have looked for that post but can't find it again. Jason check your pm.
    i did. i replied to your PM. Thanks for everything!
    Ok upon further inspection my engadget keeps spinning in the past it would give me a can't load page. I don't use it much so I assumed when it loaded it was working realized today that although it is different than the past the page still doesn't load. So Jason I aplogize but it is still broke.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    its ok. We'll just wait for the next update!..I know im not doctoring my phone anytime from now anyway. The next update will fix all the firmware problems.
    Scary... I got a "out of space on device, cannot copy file" error.

User agent was changed.

Does this mean I cannot uninstall? help?

And, indeed, engadged stopped working, but google maps works.

I don't see the new gmail interface promised at: A new mobile Gmail experience for iPhone and Android - Official Gmail Blog

but that may be because I am out of the US.