Page 34 of 46 FirstFirst ... 24293031323334353637383944 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
    Even with the latest change-user-agent patch my bank's internet banking site does not work.
    However, it works fine with iPhone.
    I'm wondering if this is because of the OS ID in the user agent string?
    My iPhone user-agent string:
    Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16

My Pre user-agent string (after patch):
    Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (webOS/1.4.0; U; en-IE)(iPhone; U; en) AppleWebKit/532.2 Version/1.0 Safari/532.2 Pre/1.0 -CET

Would it be possible to make Pre's user-agent string 100% identical to the iPhone?
    Or will it cause some problems?
    what bank website is it?
    Try https://www.ulsterbankanytimebanking.ie
    It says 'unsupported browser' on Pre, but works fine on iPhone.
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I am getting the same error with engadget any fix on the horizon for this?
    I'd also like some input if you have the time.

I happen to be a web developer testing some websites setup for Desktop and Mobile Platforms like iPhone and hopefully webOS and need the iPhone spoof patch to help out with this testing.

Not having Engadget app would be a certain downer and any insight would be appreciated and sorry if this is on the wrong message feed since the others don't suggest anyone else needing this.

Thanks, Sorli...
    I cannot seem to find the correct directory on my pre. please someone with knowledge show me where this is? I only have .attachments, .sysservice, .wallpapers, downloads, wallpapers, .palm, .temp, DCIM, and ringtones a hidden file and a few others but not what everybody seems to take for granted.
    these are changes via the command line in linux. Can be easily done via webOS Quick Install. You can get a command line on the device, but I've only done it via QI. It's like you're working in DOS again, not done from windows explorer.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Thank you for the advise. Yes, I do know how to get to command line linux 2 different ways. But, the instructions say copy the file from your computer into the root of the palm pre. So, I have my Pre hooked up with the USB and I can see files on my phone. I cannot find /media/internal anywhere. All I need to do is copy that file into the Pre somehow. I am surprised the instructions make basic assumptions on your knowledgebase.
    doesn't this fool sites so they don't think anyne actually use a Pre? (frown)
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    doesn't this fool sites so they don't think anyne actually use a Pre? (frown)
    You should have just read the post by "hofs1" (even a Yankees fan can get this right! lol...from a DIE HARD RED SOX fan!!!!!!!!!!) at the top of the page of your post. The sites will still see the pre as a WebOS device as well as an iPhone device. This is from the first post (page 1, post 1) by the developer "My solution is to change the browser on webOS devices so that it adds an "iPhone" tag to the identifying string it sends to web sites (along with the normal webOS and Palm device tags)."

Hey, we all do it, but...as Abe Lincoln said, "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPre View Post
    You should have just read the post by "hofs1" (even a Yankees fan can get this right! lol...from a DIE HARD RED SOX fan!!!!!!!!!!)
    Ah yes this will be a good time for a bit of history ....back in the beginning of this patch things were moving along nicely BUT the orig patch would "break" MLB Premium on the Pre......So as a Yankee fan (see avatar) i could not lose my ability to use MLB Premium with the patch installed......SO I spent a few hours playing with user agent strings in firefox till i found one that did not seem to break MLB Premium.........i sent my findings to the OP (clipcarl) and he updated his wonderfull patch and once again all was right in my baseball world.

Never again did i miss a single BEATING OF THE RED SOX BY THE YANKEES on MLB Premium!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.........LOL........

Opening day coming soon!!!!!!!!!!! Um who opens the baseball season this year???
    T300 - T600 - T650 - T700p - T755p - T800w - Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Rbcoto777 View Post
    Thank you for the advise. Yes, I do know how to get to command line linux 2 different ways. But, the instructions say copy the file from your computer into the root of the palm pre. So, I have my Pre hooked up with the USB and I can see files on my phone. I cannot find /media/internal anywhere. All I need to do is copy that file into the Pre somehow. I am surprised the instructions make basic assumptions on your knowledgebase.
    Can someone answer his question???????
    mamouton is a stud. Many thanks!!
    Thank you ClipCarl!

Everyone of my bookmarked sites come up great!!!

Contributions like yours are what makes this phone such a pleasure to own.

Sorry, I didn't see a donation link on your instructions. Would be happy to give back if you provide one.

Also, (its not my intention to come across as ungrateful or demanding--believe me: I appreciate an excellent product as well as the toil required to make what amounts to a pro-bono contribution. So this is entirely intended as constructive. Kindly disregard if it seems naiive
    I only knew to use the Linux command line on WOSQI, because I recently followed instructions for installing the 800Mhz patch. Some of the other newbies might benefit from clear direction to do the same on your instructions vs. having to decipher it from this thread.

That said, thanks for giving...
    hey awesome patch work you got here but I was wondering if anyone is having a problem it not working with the new WEBOS 1.4.1 update??
    Quote Originally Posted by kdsilveria View Post
    hey awesome patch work you got here but I was wondering if anyone is having a problem it not working with the new WEBOS 1.4.1 update??
    I uninstalled before updating and reinstalled after...I haven't run across any sites not acting properly.

I noticed that Chase.mobi is working again w/o the patch. I guess they fixed it on their end.
    FYI, chase.mobi is working again.
    I tried this patch two days after I got my pixi, which was a month ago. It was the last patch I tried (after everything else went REALLY well) But it totally killed my Pixi - had to use WebOS Doc my 2nd day in, LOL.
    I'm thinking it was UI - as I was quit new to everything, but basically the palm logo wouldn't go away after several restarts and taking the battery out. Never went to the screen that it rund\s during a luna start either. Any ideas on why? (I know that isn't much to go on) Because I would love to try it again, but my Pixi it totally tricked out now and would hate to have to rebuild it again. Thanks!!
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I have never dragged and dropped into webos.
    I use winscp but for webosqi

Put your Pre in USB mode
    unzip the file and copy it to your usb partition of the pre.
    Bring the Pre out of USB mode and connect with webosqi
    under the linux command line type
    Code:
     /media/internal/change-user-agent
    wait and you will see lines saying it is applying and will reboot the Pre when complete.
    thank you sir it is nice to check my bank account from my phone again
    Quote Originally Posted by Rbcoto777 View Post
    Here's what to do....

-Turn on USB mode
    -the folder that comes up on your computer is actually media/internal ........even though it does say so
    -copy unzipped file here
    -turn off USB mode and go back into "just charge" mode
    -go to your linux command in the WebOS QuickInstall program and enter the command

/media/internal/change-user-agent

that should be it.
    Last edited by runtimmyc; 04/05/2010 at 01:17 PM.