Page 33 of 46 FirstFirst ... 23282930313233343536373843 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Sounds cool but I think I'll wait for Preware.
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by comwom View Post
    Sounds cool but I think I'll wait for Preware.
    I expect this will never made it into Preware as it is a binary patch. The do no accept binary patches fora good reason.

HaPe
    Quote Originally Posted by HaPe View Post
    I expect this will never made it into Preware as it is a binary patch. The do no accept binary patches fora good reason.

HaPe
    On the contrary, Eric is currently investigating an extension to AUPT (which would end up as aupt-4) which uses bspatch to apply such patches to binary objects using Preware. The patches themselves would need to be clearly reviewable in source form (as this one is - it's a simple change of a string).

There's obviously issues about whether you can apply multiple such patches to a single binary file ....

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    What web sites still require this patch???
    TaskWriter - Productivity Your Way has no iPhone specific url, but detects your phone accordingly.
    without the patch it shows the desktop version, with the patch it shows the highly usable iphone version.

this alone was reason enough to install your patch, thanks a lot!
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    The FMylife.com site gives a nice option to choose iphone mode or regular mobile mode with the patched installed.
    T300 - T600 - T650 - T700p - T755p - T800w - Pre
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    As others have already stated, but I feel must be reiterated, the only problem with this patch is that user agent strings are the primary method for developers to get a picture of a userbase. The more people do this, the more they're actually shooting themselves in the foot as devs will not give webOS a second thought since its market share in the smartphone arena will be so poorly represented. Just look at any of the figures reported here at Precentral - it's all based on data gathered from mobile ad firms etc.

That said, I do understand the frustration when we have a perfectly capable web browser here. Just saying...
    After installing change-user-agent patch;

- engadget application doesn't work
    - www.google.com/latitude link is getting an error

please see attached picture. How can I solve this issues?

maps_2010-12-03_120111.png

engadget_2010-12-03_120402.png
    Palm Prē + Touchstone + iGrip PerfektFit...
    www.chase.mobi
    I think this was mentioned before, but this does not show up without the patch (page doesn't even load). You have to use mobilebanking.chase.com instead.
    EDIT: chase.mobi does NOT work with the new patch either
    Going to just chase.com loads the mobile site
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cryptooth View Post
    The Google Latitude URL you have posted is incorrect.

It should be:

Code:
    http://maps.google.com/maps/m?mode=latitude
    Since 1.4 update the quicken mobile site is just a blank white screen will this patch solve my problem? and any one has done this with this site yet? www.m.quicken.com it should come up with a log in screen can some one let me know it it works.. Please....
    Since 1.4 update the quicken mobile site is just a blank white screen will this patch solve my problem? and any one has done this with this site yet? m.quicken.com it should come up with a log in screen can some one let me know it it works.. Please....
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    it came up white for me, but I double tapped and it zoomed out to look normal.
    lakaw

Thanks are you running this patch?
    Quote Originally Posted by clipcarl View Post
    No. What I was trying to say is that if you wish to see this patch as an option in Preware you should send a message to Rod Whitby because he can make that happen!
    FYI, Eric Gaudet is currently early alpha testing aupt-4, which adds support for binary patches like this one.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by soydeedo View Post
    As others have already stated, but I feel must be reiterated, the only problem with this patch is that user agent strings are the primary method for developers to get a picture of a userbase. The more people do this, the more they're actually shooting themselves in the foot as devs will not give webOS a second thought since its market share in the smartphone arena will be so poorly represented. Just look at any of the figures reported here at Precentral - it's all based on data gathered from mobile ad firms etc.

That said, I do understand the frustration when we have a perfectly capable web browser here. Just saying...
    And once again if you look at what this custom built user agent reports itself as You will see that WebOS has NOT been removed.
    Just sayin'....
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    There's a website (wireless.rivals.com) that SOMETIMES shows up mobile friendly, and other times it does not. Is this normal? Or did the patch not install correctly? Never had an issue with the site showing properly prior to 1.4.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hofs1 View Post
    And once again if you look at what this custom built user agent reports itself as You will see that WebOS has NOT been removed.
    Not sure how I missed that. Thanks for the heads up. =)
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by soydeedo View Post
    Not sure how I missed that. Thanks for the heads up. =)
    No problem at all......Think of the patch as my daughters favorite singer Hannah Montanna's "Best of Both Worlds" song.
    Quote Originally Posted by cryptooth View Post
    After installing change-user-agent patch;

- engadget application doesn't work

please see attached picture. How can I solve this issues?

maps_2010-12-03_120111.png

engadget_2010-12-03_120402.png
    I am getting the same error with engadget any fix on the horizon for this?