Page 32 of 46 FirstFirst ... 22272829303132333435363742 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    It is installing right now... if this works, mamouton, you're the man!
    ok i need to uninstall the other one right ? well duh lol nevermind
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    YES!!! Why isn't the "tweaks" area of QI updated to this version too?!

It works!
    If you were able to access the pages on the Pre before with the patch you should be able to access them now. I do know with the patch on my igoogle, bank of america and several other sites are definetly optimized. I hope it suits your needs there is talk of getting this in Preware. Thanks to clipcarl.
    Jason is a one man show and clipcarl just updated it so I would think time is one reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by bradys1 View Post
    YES!!! Why isn't the "tweaks" area of QI updated to this version too?!

It works!
    Glad I could help.
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bradys1 View Post
    mamouton, what do you do with that file?

I'm used to using QuickInstall and checking the "iphone user agent spoof" box...

P.S. I'm on a mac.
    btw this broke my GSM Pre twice. once with 1.3.5.2 and now with 1.4.
    it is easily fixed if you have SFTP access to the device, but it won't work.
    Have you posted in the original thread clipcarl has been very helpful.
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    One question,

I got an "drive out of space" in the mv command after the lib is patched in line 54. I was able to fix it by moving the backup to /var/home/root and then manually do the mv of the patched file to the original.
    Then I executed a "change-user-agent -c" to execute the missing part of the script.

I'm using a German GSM pre. The questions is if it is normal that there are only 8MB free on root for a European GSM pre?
    Code:
    root@palm-webos-device:/# df -h
    Filesystem                Size      Used Available Use% Mounted on
    rootfs                  441.7M    424.3M     17.4M  96% /
    /dev/root                31.0M     11.3M     19.7M  36% /boot
    /dev/mapper/store-root
                            441.7M    424.3M     17.4M  96% /
    /dev/mapper/store-root
                            441.7M    424.3M     17.4M  96% /dev/.static/dev
    tmpfs                     2.0M    180.0k      1.8M   9% /dev
    /dev/mapper/store-var
                            248.0M     83.6M    164.4M  34% /var
    /dev/mapper/store-log
                             38.7M     18.6M     20.1M  48% /var/log
    tmpfs                    64.0M    172.0k     63.8M   0% /tmp
    tmpfs                    16.0M     48.0k     16.0M   0% /var/run
    tmpfs                   119.5M         0    119.5M   0% /media/ram
    /dev/mapper/store-media
                              6.7G      6.4G    251.4M  96% /media/internal
    cryptofs                  6.7G      6.4G    251.4M  96% /media/cryptofs
    /dev/mapper/store-var
                            248.0M     83.6M    164.4M  34% /opt
    root@palm-webos-device:/#
    I only have some patches installed and not aware of anything that could fill up the root filese system. The only idea I have is that the European GSM Pre have less space in root as the have the additional language files.

Thanks
    HaPe
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clipcarl View Post
    What web sites still require this patch???

I just tested all of my bookmarks without the patch and every single one of them now works fine with the default user agent (without the patch). For development purposes, I need examples of sites that still do better with the patch!

Thanks,
    Carl

EDIT: Found one! The Gizmodo mobile site (m.gizmodo.com) looks much better with the patch.
    If you need to access IBM Lotus iNotes you still need it. It is much better with it installed.

HaPe
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhitman View Post
    Immediately after the 1.4 WebOS update, many people reported that the NY Times website somehow got broken. The page would load, but wouldn't scroll. If you hit one of the visible links, the subsequent pages wouldn't scroll either. A little while later, the site went back to normal presumably due to some change at NYT.

I installed the latest version of the change-user-agent patch last night, and this morning I note that the NYT website doesn't scroll again. I uninstalled the patch, NYT scrolls, reinstalled the patch, NYT stops scrolling again.

SPECULATION
    I'm thinking something about the default NYT mobile site doesn't play well with the WebOS 1.4 browser, killing the ability to scroll. After WebOS user complaints, NYT changed something to fix this for connections with the "standard" WebOS 1.4 user agent. Presenting the tweaked user agent gets you the version of the page that the 1.4 browser chokes on.
    /SPECULATION

Anyone else with this problem?

Edit: Original comment used v2.4.1 of the change-user-agent patch. Just tried v2.5a1 and see the exact same behavior - no NYT scroll with the patch, scrolls ok when the patch is uninstalled.

I am able to scroll the NYTimes mobile site and the NYTimes app works fine as well.
    No, I don't think this update will change things with Google Voice. Fixing that would likely require experimenting with different user agent modifications to see if a different permutation of tags might work with Google Voice while still working with a majority of other web sites. Since I don't currently use Google Voice I can't do that myself.

OK, I just set up Google Voice and have been playing with it a bit. Can you try the attached version and see if it works for you?

Can everyone try the attached version and see if it still works on all the sites they use?

Thanks,
    Carl
    Engadget application stop working after applying this patch?
    Palm Prē + Touchstone + iGrip PerfektFit...
    Thanks mamouton, i did not know of this updated patch. What is the difference between the 2.5a1 and 2.4.1 patches? I see no difference, but i updated anyway, thanks again.
    Thanks also to mamouton. I've followed the process and my websites now work as they did with the former "iphone user agent spoof" used with 1.3.5.1. I'm anticipating an update to 1.4.1 because of battery issues. My question is will AUPT or EPR deal with the "change-user-agent" patch we've installed via the Linux command line if we are doing another update soon? Unlikely! I figure we would require a trip to the Doctor prior to any other update. Comments...
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HaPe View Post
    One question,

I got an "drive out of space" in the mv command after the lib is patched in line 54.
    I get the same error. Would be nice if you could fix this for European users, thanks a lot!
    Thanks so much for a wonderful job.
    Great job!!! Keep up the good work!
    Global Posts
    530 Global Posts
    Thanks so much... I tried through tweaks in WOQI and it never took. I then used the instructions in this post http://forums.precentral.net/2024864-post339.html

And it worked great!
    I can get USAToday and many other iphone friendly web pages on my palm pre without rooting or patches. just add the letter "m." or the word "mobile." (without ") in font of the webpage your trying view.

for example m.usatoday.com

this works for nearly all iphone friendly websites.
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    What web sites still require this patch???

I just tested all of my bookmarks without the patch and every single one of them now works fine with the default user agent (without the patch). For development purposes, I need examples of sites that still do better with the patch!

Thanks,
    Carl

EDIT: Found one! The Gizmodo mobile site (m.gizmodo.com) looks much better with the patch.
    Dictionary and Thesaurus - Merriam-Webster Online
    The mobile (aka iPhone-only) version only comes up with the patch. It is 100X easier to use than the regular site.
    EDIT: I just installed the patch via the manual method (not WOSQI) and you get redirected to "i.word.com".

Continental Airlines - Airline Tickets, Vacations Packages, Travel Deals, and Company Information on continental.com
    The mobile site does not open up unless you have the patch.
    EDIT: For this page, it seems the URLs are the same patch or no patch, but the formatting is much better with the patch installed.

mobilebanking.capitalone.com
    This is actually intermittent with the patch. Sometimes the formating is good, sometimes bad.
    EDIT: With the latest patch (2.4) installed, the formatting of this page seems a lot better now.

www.chase.mobi
    I think this was mentioned before, but this does not show up without the patch (page doesn't even load). You have to use mobilebanking.chase.com instead.
    EDIT: chase.mobi does NOT work with the new patch either

My 2 cents.
    Last edited by DDT1345; 03/10/2010 at 05:26 PM.