Page 30 of 46 FirstFirst ... 20252627282930313233343540 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
  1.    #581  
    What web sites still require this patch???

I just tested all of my bookmarks without the patch and every single one of them now works fine with the default user agent (without the patch). For development purposes, I need examples of sites that still do better with the patch!

Thanks,
    Carl

EDIT: Found one! The Gizmodo mobile site (m.gizmodo.com) looks much better with the patch.
    Last edited by clipcarl; 03/05/2010 at 05:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by clipcarl View Post

I just tested all of my bookmarks without the patch and every single one of them now works fine with the default user agent (without the patch). For development purposes, I need examples of sites that still do better with the patch!

Thanks,
    Carl
    This goes against what i've been saying, but the only site i can see which would function better with the iPhone spoof patch is Chat on any device with a browser| eBuddy Lite Messenger <--Would take you to an iPhone/touch optimized version with the patch.

Thanks,
    Carl
    Same here, I installed the default user agent patch and went back and visited all of my regular sites and can't see any difference either.
    The main site that I've seen that needs the patch is Bank of America's mobile site, https://www.bankofamerica.com/mobile/richui.do#_home, which doesn't work at all without it. All you get is the login and it keeps getting cycled back when you try and go to mobile banking sign in. They did finally get the main site working it's just a pain on such a small screen.
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    My work login site which i cant post here still needs the patch. Since im the only fieldrep using a Pre i cant say to much the the server guys.
    T300 - T600 - T650 - T700p - T755p - T800w - Pre

Thanks,
    Carl

EDIT: Found one! The Gizmodo mobile site (m.gizmodo.com) looks much better with the patch.
    USAToday.com looks MUCH better with the patch!
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    bumping this thread to show my support for a new version!
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Yes, please support 1.4!
    its already updated guys i have it on my phone right now
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    two three days ago, something like that
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I've tried to install that tweak twice now (once this morning), and it didn't work! You used QuickInstall I take it?
    yes i did ? why
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    go to homedepot.com if it comes up as a full web page then its not working if it comes up as a mobile web page then your set
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I was hoping there's some other way to install it or something... you're 100% positive it's working? I even hard reset my phone to alleviate all doubt and tried to install it again, but no dice.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I use iGoogle a lot; that was my "test page."
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I just went to www.homedepot.com (without the tweak), and it comes up as a mobile page! It doesn't work, I'm telling you!
    no the tweak is on your phone already lol it will give an error sometimes but still install i dont know why but it does. ok if you dont believe me go to usa news .com it is not optimised for webos browsers if it comes up as a mobile site then you already have it on your phone

USATODAY.COM IS THE SITE I WAS TALKING ABOUT SORRY !!
    Last edited by Shadavis08; 03/06/2010 at 05:54 PM.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    ummm...what's your point? He's just letting people know he's updated it. He's the creator of it. Of course it's available in QI as well as on Preware. Or do you just have a knack for stating the obvious?
    Jesus. I hate that kind of answer; it helps not at all, and it says more about you than I think you realize. I was just trying to be nice. I'm new to the Pre, new to this forum, and new to the whole community of patch people, so I have no idea what is known or not known by anyone. You had an opportunity to be helpful and kind, but you missed it this time.

. I'm sorry that my stupidity offended you.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    That site did not come up as optimized... like I said, I removed the tweak. Can you take a screen-shot of a website (say, iGoogle or www.americanexpress.com) and attach it to your next post?
    it comes up as optimized for the phone (american ex.) try throwing away webosQi and then try it again with the new one. what exactly happens when you try to install it?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη