Page 25 of 46 FirstFirst ... 15202122232425262728293035 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
    actually i just installed the new update and the browser still runs smooth, like an iphone interface. reinstalling the patch isnt even necessary, atleast not for a small update.
    Quote Originally Posted by wtgreen View Post
    LOL... I posted that only to open Accuweather myself and see the problem you're probably talking about. Never saw this before today, but Accuweather is now launching an ad for it's InRix Traffic app after downloading the weather data and the Skip add button doesn't work.

Darn... I love the Accuweather app almost as much as this patch.
    I just started getting the ad for InRix TODAY! When I tap "Skip Ad", it takes me to a white screen with another InRix ad at the top. I've found no way to get back to the weather data other than closing and reopening Accuweather. Even the back gesture only minimizes the app.

Any suggestions other than uninstalling the iphone agent patch?
    Yeah, use the Where apps weather instead. :P Graphics aren't quite as cool, but I actually like it better now that I've started using it.

Otherwise no, once that darn ad pops up I can't find a way to get rid of it.
    Nice!!!!!
  5.    #485  
    If you can figure out the adding cities bug in bweather, it's really good. (Just add your favorite city last and the then immediately delete it. Trust me it will still be there!)
    Is it too much to ask to have this install via Preware?
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    it says "Copy the "change-user-agent" file to your Pre using your computer's normal method. Put the file in the root of the drive while it is in USB mode and not in a subdirectory (this ends up being the /media/internal directory from the command line)."

So i click on "send a file" and select the file and in destination folder I put:

/media/internal ???????

or I leave it blank ?????

the instructions should be more accurate
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkadelick View Post
    it says "Copy the "change-user-agent" file to your Pre using your computer's normal method. Put the file in the root of the drive while it is in USB mode and not in a subdirectory (this ends up being the /media/internal directory from the command line)."

So i click on "send a file" and select the file and in destination folder I put:

/media/internal ???????

or I leave it blank ?????

the instructions should be more accurate
    Just go to Tweaks in webOS Quick Install and click on Tools | Tweaks and then iPhone user agent spoof.
    umm im using WebOS Quick Install version 2.9
    and in tools and tweaks there is no iphone user agent spoof...

what version do you have ?
    2.96, which is the most current.
    ok i d/l the newest one and now I get:

When going to tweaks from tools I get:

ERROR 5:

Commands: put file://media/cryptofs/apps/etc/ipkg/arch.conf
    Reply: file open failed

What the funk is going on ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkadelick View Post
    ok i d/l the newest one and now I get:

When going to tweaks from tools I get:

ERROR 5:

Commands: put file://media/cryptofs/apps/etc/ipkg/arch.conf
    Reply: file open failed

What the funk is going on ?
    Try my instructions on page 17 of this thread. If it doesn't work post up the error message you get.
    The install went smoothly.
    However, when I try to open my browser, nothing loads. Just a blank, white screen. The progress bar (circle) is frozen too.

EDIT: I removed the patch and now my browser loads.
    Does anyone have any suggestions? I followed the instructions to a T...too bad.
    Last edited by socoot; 01/15/2010 at 12:38 AM.
    I tried to install this on to the phone with the WebOS quick installer via tweaks and i get an error message that says This is not Palm webOS 1.1.0. Help?
    does anyone know how to do this manually with QI ?

like you send the file but what do you put in the "directory" thing? do you leave it blank ? or what ?
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    it appears to have ran ok - but...

Code:
    Applying user agent spoof patch. Phone will reboot when done.
    change-user-agent: line 112: reboot: not found
    ERROR: Reboot failed
  17.    #497  
    Quote Originally Posted by socoot View Post
    The install went smoothly.
    However, when I try to open my browser, nothing loads. Just a blank, white screen. The progress bar (circle) is frozen too.

EDIT: I removed the patch and now my browser loads.
    Does anyone have any suggestions? I followed the instructions to a T...too bad.
    What exactly did you do to install the patch?
  18.    #498  
    Quote Originally Posted by slag02 View Post

Code:
    Thanks. I'll fix that eventually. In the meantime it's harmless. Just reboot your phone manually.
    i typed the command line in webos quick install works fine
    google maps and latitude both work fine no issues as of yet i'm sure all is well thanks to all your hard work work and dedication you guys are great
    Last edited by flewpastu; 01/16/2010 at 09:13 AM. Reason: updated
    Quote Originally Posted by slag02 View Post

Code:
    Quote Originally Posted by clipcarl View Post
    Thanks. I'll fix that eventually. In the meantime it's harmless. Just reboot your phone manually.
    ran install command from terminal app on pre reboot worked webos ver 1.3.5.1