Page 24 of 46 FirstFirst ... 14192021222324252627282934 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
    when you go to Chase.com it looks totally different with the spoof.
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    can you post pm me a picture with the spoof in action
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...perfectly.html
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    can you post pm me a picture with the spoof in action
    Here you go!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ok heard about the 1.3.5 update might be out today so i used webos doc to clean my pre and guess what it didnot remove something of the spoof because sprinttv, nascar & nfl mbile do not work I get the cant connect to server thing that happens with the spoof any ideas
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    okay i think the people scared e a bit with this patch.... i really gotta decide if i wanna install with all the problems everyone else is having..
    Just got around to looking at the new patch ClipCarl... excellent work again and, as usual, I learn a lot by reading your code. Makes me miss the days when I used to work on Unix all the time.

Just installed the patch on 1.3.5 and it works great. Thanks again for all your hard work!
    Quote Originally Posted by wtgreen View Post
    Just got around to looking at the new patch ClipCarl... excellent work again and, as usual, I learn a lot by reading your code. Makes me miss the days when I used to work on Unix all the time.

Just installed the patch on 1.3.5 and it works great. Thanks again for all your hard work!
    Is this the patch in the first post or is there another for 1.3.5?
  8.    #468  
    Quote Originally Posted by todivefor View Post
    Is this the patch in the first post or is there another for 1.3.5?
    Yes, the universal patch in the first post works on 1.3.5.
    Two minor suggestions for the opening page sticky:

1. New users might find it easier to access the Linux command line to run the script by using the dialog box available in WebOS Quick Install. This sidesteps the need to install the dev kit or a SSH program.

2. After copying the install file to /media/internal I think you need to to shift from USB mode to Just Charge. In USB mode, I got a file not found error (or some similar text) when attempting to run the script. Don't think the instructions mention this.
    ClipCarl,

If you're not thoroughly bored maintaining this script, a couple suggestions I'd like to make.

First, how about adding an option to the script to install a true iPhone user agent instead of the variant we have now. This would give us an option to switch to a true iPhone user agent when our variant doesn't work, since there are a few sites that just don't work the same with the Pre or the current variant user agent. If someone needs to visit one of these sites, they have an option. And since the install script can be run from the Terminal app, it's something a user can switch pretty quickly.

Second, how about an option to NOT delete cookies. I occasionally revert back to the original user agent when a website or app isn't working quite right but it's a bummer that my cookies get blown away since I intend to re-enable the variant user agent as soon as I'm done with whatever website or app I've temporary disabled it for. I know that some websites might not work right with a cookie created using a different user agent, but I'm guessing most would be fine. With an option to switch between the variant and a true iPhone user agent, this might be more useful.

I've been considering adding both these options personally but I figure others might like these choices too and you'd do a bang up job of it.

Thanks again for all your hard work!
    Tim
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhitman View Post
    Two minor suggestions for the opening page sticky:

1. New users might find it easier to access the Linux command line to run the script by using the dialog box available in WebOS Quick Install. This sidesteps the need to install the dev kit or a SSH program.
    How do you access the dialog box in order to do so?
    Quote Originally Posted by BozackJenkins View Post
    How do you access the dialog box in order to do so?
    I previously wrote up some instuctions. I think they are on page 17 of this thread.
    hi, with this agent spoof patch i am not able to surf like the latest iphone.

expecially the gmail page.

Official Gmail Blog: What's new with Gmail on iPhone and Android

this page it says you need iPhone/iPod touch OS 2.2.1

is this patch using iphone broswer higher version that this?

how many version is there on this patch? cos i know there is many.
  14. msb
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    I believe that this Gmail version actually requires you to have an iPhone or Andriod phone. From what I've read is that is uses local resources to store cached data, etc... and I bet that it's phone-specific.
    Quote Originally Posted by stflush View Post
    I previously wrote up some instuctions. I think they are on page 17 of this thread.
    Thanks! However, my phone never automatically restarted after manually entering the script from a linux command line.. so I'm not sure if this patch is working or not for me? Could anyone recommend me a site to check in order to verify?
    USA Today, see the photos in the first post.
    Now what happens if i run the next system update without uninstalling the patch?
  18.    #478  
    Hi, wtgreen. Enabling the exact iPhone user agent would break (at least) Google Maps. I don't want to enable that even as an option because it would lead to Tylenol's stock going up. However, advanced users such as yourself are of course free to modify the code to do it if you wish.

You are correct; I clear the cookies because some sites get confused if you don't. To avoid user's having problems and complaining I don't have an option to not clear the cookies. But again you can of course comment out that code easily.

Thanks,
    Carl

Quote Originally Posted by wtgreen View Post
    ClipCarl,

If you're not thoroughly bored maintaining this script, a couple suggestions I'd like to make.

First, how about adding an option to the script to install a true iPhone user agent instead of the variant we have now. This would give us an option to switch to a true iPhone user agent when our variant doesn't work, since there are a few sites that just don't work the same with the Pre or the current variant user agent. If someone needs to visit one of these sites, they have an option. And since the install script can be run from the Terminal app, it's something a user can switch pretty quickly.

Second, how about an option to NOT delete cookies. I occasionally revert back to the original user agent when a website or app isn't working quite right but it's a bummer that my cookies get blown away since I intend to re-enable the variant user agent as soon as I'm done with whatever website or app I've temporary disabled it for. I know that some websites might not work right with a cookie created using a different user agent, but I'm guessing most would be fine. With an option to switch between the variant and a true iPhone user agent, this might be more useful.

I've been considering adding both these options personally but I figure others might like these choices too and you'd do a bang up job of it.

Thanks again for all your hard work!
    Tim
  19.    #479  
    Quote Originally Posted by stflush View Post
    USA Today, see the photos in the first post.
    Actually, these days USA Today displays correctly even without this patch. I should probably change the pictures in the original post...

As time goes by fewer and fewer web sites need this patch. However there are still a few that I go to regularly that do.
  20.    #480  
    Quote Originally Posted by shanepowers92 View Post
    Now what happens if i run the next system update without uninstalling the patch?
    You currently do not have to uninstall this patch to apply system updates and never have. However, very likely you will need to reapply this patch after the system update. It's technically possible that Palm in the future could change the update process in a way that would require you to remove this patch before applying a system update but I doubt that will happen any time soon if at all. You are safe leaving this patch on when applying a system update but you will probably need to reapply it afterwards.