Page 22 of 46 FirstFirst ... 12171819202122232425262732 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
    Just re-applied this. Worked great.

Thanks!
    Question? If you use EPR do you loose this patch and have to reinstall it?
    Thanks,
    geneziz
  3.    #423  
    Quote Originally Posted by geneziz View Post
    Question? If you use EPR do you loose this patch and have to reinstall it?
    Thanks,
    geneziz
    No. The EPR should not affect this patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by blatherdrift View Post
    Sounds kinda fishy.

I wanna do it myself to get googlewave to work but AH DUNNO.... Seems kinda hard.

Anyone try it yet?
    LOL,maybe you should leave well enough alone.
    what?
    btw, iPhone user agent spoof is re-added to WOSQI http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...ml#post2083078
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  7. msb
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    ^^Bump

Has anybody looked to see why Picasaweb Mobile still looks like crap with this patch?
    works like a charm. Now I can read ALL of the rumors on allhiphop. Thanks. And a special thanks to StFlush more clarifying and making the installation easy
    Just installed it last night, once again Jason, u da man.....
    "The union forces me to allow you to go to lunch in spite of the way you've played. Those of you with consciences will not be able to eat. And those of you whose consciences match your talents... go stuff yourselves. I hope you choke".....Maestro, The Money Pit
    Just a heads up, although I have completely no idea whether its related or not, after I did the user agent spoof tweak, my phone instantly got stuck on the boot screen, and I read that maybe one or two others did as well. I tried the suggested remedy with no luck, but did stumble across this:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/pa...ml#post1956427

and it worked great. again, I have no idea if its related, as I mean NO disrespect to Jason.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Worked great and loved it until i went to use my geocaching app http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...recaching.html and it stated i was 7480 miles away. Took the patch off and it worked. So i have to decide which one i want
    I just installed this last night and it works great. I installed the tweak. However, some webpages were still not downloading correctly. So I took the plunge and started installing via Linuxcommand. I followed the directions from another post and viola! WORKS LIKE A CHARM!!!
    Novice here...installed the patch via instructions on pg 17 of the referenced post and WORKS LIKE A CHARM!!!
    I found this patch posted on a thread on the Sprint Family Locator. I was hoping it would help fix the locator not working since the last OS update. No luck, but other sites work great!
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    recommend adding the path to reboot, got ERROR: Reboot failed when running the patch via sudo. Works great otherwise, Thanks!
    I ride submarines...
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    can this be done through the terminal app on the pre?
    the negative side effect of switching the user agent is that web developers will be encouraged to code only for IPHONES
    for most sites you could just modify your url
    for www.google.com
    m.google.com
    mobile.google.com
    iphone.google.com
    wap.google.com
    www.google.com/mobile
    www.google.com/iphone
    www.google.com/wap

cool example: http://www.starrynight.com/widget/iphone
    no user agent required...
    Last edited by larryflynt2k; 12/14/2009 at 04:03 PM. Reason: tried to remove auto formatting... for links
    Quote Originally Posted by d.moss View Post
    can this be done through the terminal app on the pre?
    Yes, once you've put the file on the phone.
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jakelaw View Post
    I found this patch posted on a thread on the Sprint Family Locator. I was hoping it would help fix the locator not working since the last OS update. No luck, but other sites work great!
    I was the guy who posted over at sprint locator...i thought the problem was u would get 3 tiny thumbnails when u tried to locate another phone using the pre's browser and they didnt zoom properly.

I getthe larger thumbnail and 2 smaller ones and if i double tap on any it fills the screen nicely.

Maybe i misunderstood what the issue was.

I attached what my screen looks like using the patch.....of course ive had it patched so long i dont remeber using sfl without it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    T300 - T600 - T650 - T700p - T755p - T800w - Pre
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by larryflynt2k View Post
    the negative side effect of switching the user agent is that web developers will be encouraged to code only for IPHONES
    If u look back towards the beginning of this patch You can see that there is plenty of reference to webos in the user agent. so anyone searching browser hits will see webos as well as iphone.
    T300 - T600 - T650 - T700p - T755p - T800w - Pre