Page 21 of 46 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021222324252631 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 420 of 913
Like Tree8Likes
  1.    #401  
    Quote Originally Posted by ospreyguy View Post
    Same here. Will it be in preware or others soon?
    If you want to see it in Preware keep bugging the author (Rod Whitby-- PreCentral username: rwhitby).
  2. gryn's Avatar
    Posts
    148 Posts
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    #402  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I don't think you have to root if you are using quickinstall. You should be able to put in USB mode and place the file in the root root folder which is /media/internal. Then with using quickinstall go to the commanlind access and type in the command from /media/internal/change-user-agent

    (Now this should work in theory I always root because I want to use the Winscp program, but you should be able to make it work this way.)
    This worked great, thanks!
    Google Wave works again, off to test more sites
  3. redmist's Avatar
    Posts
    674 Posts
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    #403  
    I tried running the command in qucikinstall. It didn't automatically reboot, so I did a manual reboot.

    Now it appears to be stuck booting. I'm about to run webos doctor..

    UK O2 1.3.1

    UPDATE:

    I tried again directly after restoring everythihg, and it appears to work.
    Last edited by RedMist; 11/24/2009 at 06:39 PM.
  4. #404  
    Quote Originally Posted by clipcarl View Post
    If you want to see it in Preware keep bugging the author (Rod Whitby-- PreCentral username: rwhitby).
    Sorry, been busy getting Precorder released

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  5. #405  
    Quote Originally Posted by grynv View Post
    This worked great, thanks!
    Google Wave works again, off to test more sites
    Not to hijack the thread but how are you liking google wave? I still have my invites and right now it is just sitting there doing nothing.
  6. #406  
    Weird, this is still not working for me. I've tried with Terminal and WOSQI. All I get is "folder not found."
  7. #407  
    Quote Originally Posted by RedMist View Post
    I tried running the command in qucikinstall. It didn't automatically reboot, so I did a manual reboot.

    Now it appears to be stuck booting. I'm about to run webos doctor..

    UK O2 1.3.1

    UPDATE:

    I tried again directly after restoring everythihg, and it appears to work.
    Stuck on booting to. How have you fixed it?!

    EDIT: Doctoring right now... (tenth time in one month lol)
  8. #408  
    Quote Originally Posted by DefinedByClass13 View Post
    Weird, this is still not working for me. I've tried with Terminal and WOSQI. All I get is "folder not found."
    OFFTOPIC: Bad Religion \m/
  9. #409  
    Quote Originally Posted by DefinedByClass13 View Post
    Weird, this is still not working for me. I've tried with Terminal and WOSQI. All I get is "folder not found."
    Have you unzipped the file first and then placed it in /media/internal?
  10. #410  
    Quote Originally Posted by glorifiedg View Post
    OFFTOPIC: Bad Religion \m/


    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Have you unzipped the file first and then placed it in /media/internal?
    Of course. I don't understand why it doesn't work. I understand the process, and as I said before, I've done more complex things to my phone than this.
  11. #411  
    Try the instructions I posted on page 17 of this thread using WOSQI to put the patch file on the phone.
  12. #412  
    I'd really like to see an iPhone spoof agent for the new new 1.3.1 firmware. It's not just about displaying the web pages properly, there are lots of iPhone specific pages that I'd love to be able to view from my palm.

    Are there any plans to update the iPhone spoof user agent patch to be compatible with 1.3.1?
  13. #413  
    Quote Originally Posted by SqyArc View Post
    I'd really like to see an iPhone spoof agent for the new new 1.3.1 firmware. It's not just about displaying the web pages properly, there are lots of iPhone specific pages that I'd love to be able to view from my palm.

    Are there any plans to update the iPhone spoof user agent patch to be compatible with 1.3.1?
    Read carefully, it is exactly want you want...Go to page 17 for an ez intall with QI.
  14. gryn's Avatar
    Posts
    148 Posts
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    #414  
    1) Download the patch http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post1855714
    2) Run WOSQI, from the Tools menu, select Send File.
    3) Choose the file you downloaded in step 1. Destination folder is /media/internal/. Press Send to Device! button.
    4) From WOSQI Tools menu, select Linux Commandline.
    5) Type /media/internal/change-user-agent, press enter. Patch will install.

    To later uninstall patch (before software update or for other reasons), from WOSQI Tools menu, Linux Commandline, type /media/internal/change-user-agent uninstall.

    wtgreen mentioned a good idea for the purposes of testing sites. Install the terminal app onto the phone, and you can run the same linux commands above (after sending patch file to phone) to remove and install the patch directly from the phone (no pc required).
  15. #415  
    Sounds kinda fishy.

    I wanna do it myself to get googlewave to work but AH DUNNO.... Seems kinda hard.

    Anyone try it yet?
  16. czeitner's Avatar
    Posts
    30 Posts
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    #416  
    I was waiting for the "spoof" patche to show up since the 1.3.1 update, and finally gave into installing it based on the instructions above. If you follow the "easy" 5 step process above, it works like a charm. No issues. Not Fishy, and absolutley, not hard.
  17. #417  
    I Loved it up until I went to my Accuweather app it kept sending me to a pop up about downloading an app I pressed skip add and it freezes on that add. So I just uninstalled it. Browser works grate though.
  18. #418  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bizzare View Post
    I Loved it up until I went to my Accuweather app it kept sending me to a pop up about downloading an app I pressed skip add and it freezes on that add. So I just uninstalled it. Browser works grate though.
    Accuweather - the app - works fine for me with this patch and always has. Not sure what the problem might be, but if you haven't already, make sure you're running the latest Accuweather update.
  19. #419  
    LOL... I posted that only to open Accuweather myself and see the problem you're probably talking about. Never saw this before today, but Accuweather is now launching an ad for it's InRix Traffic app after downloading the weather data and the Skip add button doesn't work.

    Darn... I love the Accuweather app almost as much as this patch.
  20. #420  
    Are there any plans to make this patch available again via WebOS Quick Install or via Preware?
    Last edited by sjamie; 12/01/2009 at 01:51 AM.

Posting Permissions