Page 20 of 46 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223242530 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
  1.    #381  
    Nobody has a Pixi or a GSM Pre who can test this out to make sure the new version works for them?
    I have a GSM version (O2, Germany) with webOS 1.1.3 and it is NOT working...

Sebastian
  3.    #383  
    Quote Originally Posted by sebami View Post
    I have a GSM version (O2, Germany) with webOS 1.1.3 and it is NOT working...

Sebastian
    What is the error you get? Can you run this command from a command line and post the output:
    strings /usr/lib/libWebKitLuna.so | grep Mozilla/
    It should be very easy to get the patch working for you.
  4.    #384  
    @sebami: I'm assuming you're still on webOS 1.1.3 then? Can you try the new version I just posted (version 2.2) and see if it works for you? If not please post the results when you run the command from my previous post.
    Just applied this patch to a Sprint 1.3.1 PrPrPr&#$275$; $and$ $it$ $works$ $great$, $in$ $both$ $the$ $browser$ $and$ $Google$ $maps$. $Thanks$!

But, ironically, when I visited the USA Today web site before the patch, there was a Sprint ad for the Palm Pixi. When I visited the web site after the patch, the Pixi ad was gone. I guess it really does think I'm using an iPhone!
    Kyocera 6035 > Samsung SPH-i300 > i330 > i500 > Treo 600 > 700p > 755p > PRĒ Minus > Touchpad & FrankenPre2
    Version 2.2 is working on GSM Pre with webOS 1.1.3

Thanks a lot!!!
    Can't wait for this to be on Webos Quick Install or Preware
    hey clipcarl in a post you said it should work in the emulator, I have it in /media/internal but everytime I try to run /media/internal/change-user-agent I get a permission denied in the emulator error. Any thoughts
  9.    #389  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    hey clipcarl in a post you said it should work in the emulator, I have it in /media/internal but everytime I try to run /media/internal/change-user-agent I get a permission denied in the emulator error. Any thoughts
    Try this command before running it:
    chmod 755 /media/internal/change-user-agent
    Quote Originally Posted by todivefor View Post
    mamouton, was this on 1.3.1?
    Yes
    Is the iphone user agent spoof in the new vers of quickinstall?
    yes i believe so
    I don't see it...
    Not here yet. I hoping to see it again as well.
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    I haven't rooted my Pre since replacing it recently. Will this be released soon in a form that can be applied with Preware/WOSQI or should I go ahead and root?
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by darrenf View Post
    I haven't rooted my Pre since replacing it recently. Will this be released soon in a form that can be applied with Preware/WOSQI or should I go ahead and root?
    Same here. Will it be in preware or others soon?
    I don't think you have to root if you are using quickinstall. You should be able to put in USB mode and place the file in the root root folder which is /media/internal. Then with using quickinstall go to the commanlind access and type in the command from /media/internal/change-user-agent

(Now this should work in theory I always root because I want to use the Winscp program, but you should be able to make it work this way.)
    does this give you the option to change between iphone and pre in the web browser? I am sorry if this has been asked. -Grand
    Quote Originally Posted by grandmastem View Post
    does this give you the option to change between iphone and pre in the web browser? I am sorry if this has been asked. -Grand
    No, but that would be a very nice option!
    cohoman

Palm Apps:

jVault and jChecklist