Page 16 of 46 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516171819202126 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
    I tried installing this with WebOS Quick Install, without realising there was a new version for 1.2.1... I tried installing anyway, got an error about the installation not finishing, and then found the 1.2.1 version. I installed that, and now I have no EVDO. I've tried uninstalling it and everything, but I can't get it back. What's the issue?

EDIT
    Okay so I took the battery out and put it back in (after doing several soft resets) and it works again.. Not sure what the problem was.
    Last edited by vonstemmington; 10/20/2009 at 07:07 PM.
    I would like to request a WebOS 1.1.3 patch - do you think this would be possible? Current error: "This is not WebOS 1.1". [O2 UK Pre user here]
    Has anyone had success with this patch and Picasa Web Albums? It didn't seem to work for me.

For reference: Official Google Mobile Blog: Picasa Redefined for your iPhone
  4. msb
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    Bump ^^^

Seems that Picasa is looking for different information to identify the phone as an iPhone. Can the experts here figure this out? Real bummer for me...

Thanks
  5. nak
    I need help uninstalling this patch. I installed with webos quick install 2.82 and then uninstalled with the same version.

The problem is when I visit some sites it still shows the iphone mobile site. I cleared the history/cookies/cache, still no success. I used the device management option in webos quick install and verified that it's uninstalled (it lists all the other patches I have installed but the iphone user agent spoof isn't listed).
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Did you reboot your Pre after uninstalling?

Regards,
    -JerryG

Quote Originally Posted by nak View Post
    I need help uninstalling this patch. I installed with webos quick install 2.82 and then uninstalled with the same version.

The problem is when I visit some sites it still shows the iphone mobile site. I cleared the history/cookies/cache, still no success. I used the device management option in webos quick install and verified that it's uninstalled (it lists all the other patches I have installed but the iphone user agent spoof isn't listed).
  7. nak
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryG View Post
    Did you reboot your Pre after uninstalling?

Regards,
    -JerryG
    yes, multiple times.
    What's a good site to test this on I cant tell the difference in appearance but it seems like it is faster.
    ^_^ thanks
    this might be a stupid question but can someone tell me what this patch does exactly? having trouble understanding what it does, sry again for the dumb question
    Just a bug I noticed, when going to the USPS website it came up as the iphone version but when i try to put tracking information in it wouldn't work.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    yes, multiple times.
    I'd try replacing the patched binary file via http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...r-utility.html

After that, I'm not sure...

HTH,
    -JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
  12. nak
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryG View Post
    I'd try replacing the patched binary file via http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...r-utility.html

After that, I'm not sure...

HTH,
    -JerryG
    Wouldn't that also wipeout (repair) my other installed patches that I need if it finds they've been modified? If I can actively choose which modification to repair, that's fine with me. But I need my other patches. I depend on them daily.
    Wouldn't that also wipeout (repair) my other installed patches that I need if it finds they've been modified? If I can actively choose which modification to repair, that's fine with me. But I need my other patches. I depend on them daily.
    If you need/want other patches then reinstall them after running the repair utility.
    hi clipalr

could you explain me how you patch the libwebkitluna.so ? I need to change the useragent for another one than the iphone ... I have tried with an hex editor but this seems to not be a good idea ...LOL

Thanks
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    I think this (from the 1st Post) covers your question, IMHO (YMMV), use option 2. Back up the files in the app's directory first, just in case. -

" 1. Scan/Repair
    * Upon clicking, you'll need to find WebOSDoctor v1.2.1. If your webosdoctor doesn't show up in the file chooser, you'll need to download the current version.
    * Then, it will proceed to do a scan of WebOS program files on your device.
    * If a file is missing from your device or a file has been altered, you're given the option to "Restore" or "Ignore"
    o "Restore" will restore the original factory file directly from WebOSDoctor and put it in place on your device.
    o "Ignore" is handy for situations where you want files left altered, like in the case of certain files with Virtual-Keyboard
    2. Restore Specific File
    * This will bring up a popup get will let you restore a specific file directly from the WebOSDoctor to device. No hassle, no mess."

HTH,
    -JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
    Is this patch supposed to make the checkerboard pattern go away when scrolling around on a web page?

cause i still have that checkerboard....
    if you are having trouble uninstalling this patch make sure you look in webos QI ,tools ,devicemanagment, applications. makesure you look in the applications list first it sometimes gets stuck in there for the patches name and uninstall.! then look in the patches list if it is not there then webos repair utility will fix it if need be im sure.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by connuh View Post
    Is this patch supposed to make the checkerboard pattern go away when scrolling around on a web page?

cause i still have that checkerboard....
    No. The checkerboard is displayed while the browser is downloading the data, for the part of the page that you've just scrolled to. Kind of like a nonverbal "Please wait..."

HTH,
    -JerryG
  19.    #319  
    Quote Originally Posted by Flush2810 View Post
    this might be a stupid question but can someone tell me what this patch does exactly? having trouble understanding what it does, sry again for the dumb question
    This patch just causes some websites to send your Pre an iPhone-optimized version of the site instead of a generic version. The iPhone optimized versions of web sites are designed to fit better on the phone's screen and generally have enhancements to make it more usable. Since the Pre uses the same browsing engine as the iPhone it can use these same sites and reap the same benefits if you install this patch.
  20.    #320  
    Quote Originally Posted by geek78 View Post
    hi clipalr

could you explain me how you patch the libwebkitluna.so ? I need to change the useragent for another one than the iphone ... I have tried with an hex editor but this seems to not be a good idea ...LOL

Thanks
    I just use a hex editor to change the user agent.