Page 15 of 46 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
    My WebOS Version...
    When i want to install it, the terminal says smt. like "You haven't got 1.1.2..."
    Quote Originally Posted by clipcarl View Post
    Just try installing it manually without WOSQI. Any error messages it prints will tell us if there's a problem.
    hey, clipcarl, my new system to check if the patch is applied is checking if "/usr/lib/libWebKitLuna.so-iphone_user_agent.bak" exists. That file gets removed at uninstall, right?
  3.    #283  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    hey, clipcarl, my new system to check if the patch is applied is checking if "/usr/lib/libWebKitLuna.so-iphone_user_agent.bak" exists. That file gets removed at uninstall, right?
    Newer versions do not use that name and that wouldn't work anyway. Newer versions use /usr/lib/libWebKitLuna.so-iphone_user_agent-<version>.bak as the backup file name. So the current version's backup is /usr/lib/libWebKitLuna.so-iphone_user_agent-1.2.1-2.bak. Looking for the backup file wouldn't work if the user upgraded webOS because the backup file would be there even though the patch would no longer be installed.

If you need to figure out if the patch is applied and which particular version the safest way would be to do a md5sum of /usr/lib/libWebKitLuna.so and figure it out from that.
    Last edited by clipcarl; 10/16/2009 at 06:52 AM.
  4.    #284  
    Newer versions use /usr/lib/libWebKitLuna.so-iphone_user_agent-<version>.bak as the backup file name. So the current version's backup is /usr/lib/libWebKitLuna.so-iphone_user_agent-1.2.1-2.bak.
    I'm changing this again so that the backup file is named after the webOS version from which it was taken. So a backup from webOS 1.2.1 is named /usr/lib/libWebKitLuna.so-iphone_user_agent-1.2.1.bak .
  5.    #285  
    Quote Originally Posted by rondera View Post
    My WebOS Version...
    When i want to install it, the terminal says smt. like "You haven't got 1.1.2..."
    There is no webOS 1.1.3 that I have heard of. There was no webOS 1.1.2 either. Nor 1.1.1. If you mean 1.3, I haven't heard of anyone having that yet either (I don't).
    Just try installing it manually without WOSQI. Any error messages it prints will tell us if there's a problem.
    Well, installed it manually, no error messages, and it works fine. Thanks for the help.

Also, not sure if it matters to anyone (or if it means anything), but now the tweak is unchecked in WOSQI 2.8, 2.81 and 2.82, and it's not a listed patch under device management, so WOSQI doesn't seem to recognize the manual patch.
    I installed tonight. I really missed this tweak when the update broke it. Mine is working fine for all websites I've visited so far except the mobile MSN site. The MSN Mobile site is still not recognizing the spoof.
    There is no webOS 1.1.3 that I have heard of. There was no webOS 1.1.2 either. Nor 1.1.1. If you mean 1.3, I haven't heard of anyone having that yet either (I don't).
    Seems that the GSM Pre was released with a webOS 1.1.3 - apparently it's a temporary discontinuity.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I tried this with the University of Phoenix site (which is optimized for the iPhone) but when I enabled the patch, I was suddenly unable to log in to the site at all...anyone else have this issue? I tried installing with WOSQI and with the method described on the first page of this thread, but the result was the same. Anyone else have this issue? Any help would be appreciated!
    I have got a German Palm Pre. And my Palm Pre is on WebOs 1.1.3 Yes it is for GSM.
    Can u editing your Patch, that it accept 1.1.3 versions? Or it is too risky?

Greetz
  11.    #291  
    I have got a German Palm Pre. And my Palm Pre is on WebOs 1.1.3 Yes it is for GSM.
    Can u editing your Patch, that it accept 1.1.3 versions? Or it is too risky?

Greetz
    Post the output of the following commands:
    md5sum /usr/lib/libWebKitLuna.so

cat /etc/palm-build-info
    And I'll see if I can do it.

Thanks!
    md5sum /usr/lib/libWebKitLuna.so = 051955cf4bc1775b5736a7b345ac18c

cat /etc/palm-build-info =

PRODUCT_VERSION_STRING=Palm webOS 1.1.3
    BUILDNAME=Noca-WR-Castle
    BUILDNUMBER=100
    BUILDSET=0
    BUILDTIME=20090924175714
    BUILDMARK=205089
  13.    #293  
    Hmm... This one is a bit different. Do you have a link for the WebOS Doctor for this phone?

md5sum /usr/lib/libWebKitLuna.so = 051955cf4bc1775b5736a7b345ac18c

cat /etc/palm-build-info =

PRODUCT_VERSION_STRING=Palm webOS 1.1.3
    BUILDNAME=Noca-WR-Castle
    BUILDNUMBER=100
    BUILDSET=0
    BUILDTIME=20090924175714
    BUILDMARK=205089
    "We have a system that increasingly taxes work and subsidizes non-work."
    Hmm... This one is a bit different. Do you have a link for the WebOS Doctor for this phone?
    It's been added to Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  16. msb
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    I think I'm a little slow...

Is the version installed using the manual method any different than the one using the tweaks option on the Quick Install?

I used the Quick Install to implement, but some site aren't recognizing the agent correctly... for example: http://picasaweb.google.com, which looks awful on the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSB View Post
    I think I'm a little slow...

Is the version installed using the manual method any different than the one using the tweaks option on the Quick Install?

I used the Quick Install to implement, but some site aren't recognizing the agent correctly... for example: http://picasaweb.google.com, which looks awful on the Pre.
    Try going to Whats My User Agent? and tell us what it says
  18. msb
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; en)(webOS/1.2; U; en-US) AppleWebKit/525.27.1 Version/1.0 Safari/525.27.1 Pre/1.0
  19. nak
    This patch is both good and bad.

Good: you get all the sites formatted and optimized for the iphone.
    Bad: It seems like there is no other way to revert back to regular mobile sites. Sometimes there is the need for me to view the regular mobile site.

But overall, the positives far outweigh the negatives. Thanks guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSB View Post
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; en)(webOS/1.2; U; en-US) AppleWebKit/525.27.1 Version/1.0 Safari/525.27.1 Pre/1.0
    If I install the spoof to my Pre using WOSQI 2.8.2 I get the same as MSB when I visit whatsmyuseragent.com.

If I uninstall using 2.8.2, I get:

Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; en)(webOS/1.2; U; en-US) AppleWebKit/525.27.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/1.0 Safari/525.27.1 Pre/1.0

The spoof stops working on sites like newsweek.com, mobile.latimes.com after uninstall, but others it still does, like mobile.washingtonpost.com. Maybe these have recently been optimized for the Pre? I cleared the cache after each install and uninstall. I repeated this several times with the same results.

I am confused about the user agent reading what it does after uninstall, so I'll just keep it.

EDIT: So the user agent I am getting when uninstalling IS the correct Pre user agent. I read up. I guess I just didn't expect all that Apple Safari stuff in there...
    Last edited by galavanter; 10/22/2009 at 01:07 AM.