1.    #1  
    Seeing as we can already access the launcher pages by using the following technique...

In card view swipe up from the center button to bring up the launcher pages.
    In launcher view swipe down (from the little gray down arrow) towards the center button to exit the launcher pages.

So why then do we need the launcher icon on the ribbon? I'd like to remove it so that I can put something else there instead.
    I think this would be worth looking into. At least have the option to remove the launcher. or possibly even move the launch icon to the middle or left.
    I like the Launcher icon...hihihi.
    I am sure you can create a transparent icon for the launcher and swap that out.

As for to make it movable....i am sure it can be done with some scripts added to it.
    This is one of my top wanted features on the pre...

I hate the button there...

What was palm thinking? Well we have given them 50 ways to open the launcher menu, but lets also put an icon that people can't remove...

I kept all the standards there, but want to ad messages...
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Is there a fix?

It seems like it would be an easy update/patch....??
    bumpelibump? wasn't it possible at CES 2009..
    Quote Originally Posted by KallistiMan View Post
    bumpelibump? wasn't it possible at CES 2009..
    Currently, no one has figured out a way to do this. I wish someone would though, that Launcher button is a waste of space...
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Currently, no one has figured out a way to do this. I wish someone would though, that Launcher button is a waste of space...
    If PAPERCRAFT STEVE agrees then it must be done. But we will have to wait until webos 4.0 to do it.
    Last time I could remember about this idea, someone mentioned that the launcher was embedded pretty deep so its harder than it seems to solve this.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    It still should be possible. I would rather put something else there. I have never touched the launcher icon for a year.
    +1
    I loathe that stupid icon.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    man i'd love to lose that damned icon.

is it possible to hide the launcher and make a new launcher? a homebrew one? 'Brewncher'?
    Quote Originally Posted by bennish View Post
    man i'd love to lose that damned icon.

is it possible to hide the launcher and make a new launcher? a homebrew one? 'Brewncher'?
    you can hide the launcher with a patch that's it.
    How about instead of getting rid of the launcher icon, which as everyone says is virtually impossible, would it be possible to make the "swipe up" gesture open an app that you currently have on your quick launcher instead of the launcher? So you can replace that app's icon (that is currently on your quick launcher) with something else.
    or maybe the ability to add one more icon
    As soon as it is possible, there will be a patch released. Jason has posted in one of these threads saying it's currently tied too-deep into Luna to remove the icon, so for now we just get up t the 4 dock icons plus the Launcher.
    bump
    until the patch can be made, change the icon to something you like. Maybe a music note or a pic of your dog..lol. Or just use the hide quick launcher patch and use the wave launcher like I do. The wave launcher is my favorite thing about webOS.
    change it to the weather icon - that would be cool!