Page 35 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2530313233343536373839 LastLast
    Ive successfully applied the 1.2 message-bundle and 1.1 message-orientation patches together. Works well actually. For some reason, timestamps didnt want to show up with the 1.1 patch.

Thanks fritos! I applied the LED patch and tricked out my dialer bg again, so Im a happy clam!
    EDIT: Oops double post, sorry.
    Last edited by Sunsparc; 09/30/2009 at 12:56 AM.
    Hey there! I installed 1.2 and am trying to get the patch for landscape messaging. But for some reason when I copy n paste the command in putty, the phone resets after I hit enter but I cannot text message or anything in landscape mode. Pls help. THX
    Its saying that No patch was installed. Though I do have the time stamp and message forwarding! But I cannot put it in landscape
    sweeeeeeeeeeeetttt!!!
    I am new to all this copy and pasting code. can someone please walk me through how to copy and paste codes, and where to paste them like the blinking led notifications, and text message bundle patches frito made. I really want to add them and I have no idea how to use the codes in his forums

oozeman1
    Quote Originally Posted by oozeman1 View Post
    I am new to all this copy and pasting code. can someone please walk me through how to copy and paste codes, and where to paste them like the blinking led notifications, and text message bundle patches frito made. I really want to add them and I have no idea how to use the codes in his forums

oozeman1

Have you rooted you Pre?

Here is a good place to start.

Next steps - WebOS Internals

Let me know if you need some help.
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

cant seem to get it to work. the palm pre just restarts but no light up when receiving texts.
    Edit: crap i cant send texts anymore.
    Last edited by Kishu; 09/30/2009 at 10:45 PM.
    how does the led notification work it doesn't on mine also the auto rotation text was working and now its not after i added your patch any help with that?
    Last edited by bigkev1469; 10/01/2009 at 12:02 AM.
    can someone post some pictures of their messaging in landscape? Maybe post them on the first page.
    has the slightly off centered avatar been corrected?
  11.    #691  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigkev1469 View Post
    how does the led notification work it doesn't on mine also the auto rotation text was working and now its not after i added your patch any help with that?
    u have to turn it on in the screen lock app..enable it then it would work

Donate Via Paypal to Email Adress: silent2205@gmail.com
    Email: fritos1406@aim.com
    Twitter: @fritos1406
    Did you ever get the bundle to work in landscape for 1.2? It looks like there is an updated single patch for it.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthread.php?t=206249

What about the avatar, you still working on that one?
    Last edited by alvin319; 10/01/2009 at 06:37 AM.
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

Quote Originally Posted by alvin319 View Post
    Have you rooted you Pre?

Here is a good place to start.

Let me know if you need some help.
    I have not rooted my palm pre and don't know how, the website you gave is still confusin me, im sorry if im soundin like an airhead right now. I don't think the link you sent me shows me how to root my pre it talks about installing optware. But how would i gain access or root my pre
    sorry wheres the screen lock app..and a little help with landscape text on 1.2.0
    Quote Originally Posted by rdethree View Post
    can someone post some pictures of their messaging in landscape? Maybe post them on the first page.
    has the slightly off centered avatar been corrected?
    My avatar was slightly off and I just commented out the following in the messaging.css file:

aproximately lines 680 to 693

/* Avatar Hack
    .my-chat .avatar-location,
    .my-chat .avatar-overlay,
    .my-chat .avatar-container {
    display: none;
    width: 40px;
    height: 40px;
    }

.my-chat .avatar-location {
    width: 40px;
    height: 40px;
    }
    */

and then my Avatar sized correctly and fit in the box. I may have done a hard reboot after that.
    Last edited by eric.k.smith; 10/01/2009 at 05:33 PM. Reason: forgot to mention what file I changed
    where do you paste the patches?
    ok do I have to root my pre in order to acess putty? (I want to put a picture on the IM balloon)
    Quote Originally Posted by Loveboy1787 View Post
    ok do I have to root my pre in order to acess putty? (I want to put a picture on the IM balloon)

Just use QI 2.6. Name you pic (my-avatar) exactly and it must be a .png file. You can use Microsoft paint to covert it if needed. Then open QI and go to Tools-->send file. Browse to your new my-avatar.png file on your PC and select it. Then type in the below location as the destination. Then reboot or Luna Restart.

Code:
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/images

so alvin, your saying use 2.06 to send the my avatar.png? then locate it on my pc and find the file then how do you select a destination to send it with that code...I don't get what you are saying...thanks
    Last edited by holley2583; 10/03/2009 at 10:51 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by holley2583 View Post
    so alvin, your saying use 2.06 to send the my avatar.png? then locate it on my pc and find the file then how do you select a destination to send it with that code...I don't get what you are saying...thanks

Yes, choose your pic an then copy the code I have posted into the destination. Just remember that your pic MUST be named my-avatar exactly or it will not show up.