Page 19 of 39 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819202122232429 ... LastLast
    go into the directory where the "old patch" is and
    Code:
    rm "old patch"
    den go ahead and do the
    Code:
    wget "new patch"
    and you shouldn't have any trouble

if someone posted something that helped you out dont forget to push the thanks button and let 'em they helped

always make backups of the files you mod, that or get accquainted with WebOs DR
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsavage06 View Post
    go into the directory where the "old patch" is and
    Code:
    rm "old patch"
    den go ahead and do the
    Code:
    wget "new patch"
    and you shouldn't have any trouble
    Thanks. That helped. Also, in the first post where he lists the instructions when you're importing the patch he has the patch name as "message-bundle+landscape.patch.patch", notice the two ".patch" at the end. When you wget it's only one so when you go to import it won't work. I guess that's what I get for copy and pasting without really looking at the commands. Thanks a lot for this patch. Probably one of my favorite now that you've turned it into a full on messaging patch. Another feature you could maybe try to include could be the "Turn on LED when message is received patch." Thanks again for your work!
    Last edited by HockeyNYR; 09/01/2009 at 12:11 PM.
  3.    #363  
    Quote Originally Posted by HockeyNYR View Post
    Thanks. That helped. Also, in the first post where he lists the instructions when you're importing the patch he has the patch name as "message-bundle+landscape.patch.patch", notice the two ".patch" at the end. When you wget it's only one so when you go to import it won't work. I guess that's what I get for copy and pasting without really looking at the commands.
    sorry i seemed to have had a typo lol should only be one ".patch" and not ".patch.patch"

i will see to it that i add the LED as well

Donate Via Paypal to Email Adress: silent2205@gmail.com
    Email: fritos1406@aim.com
    Twitter: @fritos1406
    Quote Originally Posted by fritos1406 View Post
    sorry i seemed to have had a typo lol should only be one ".patch" and not ".patch.patch"

i will see to it that i add the LED as well
    I figured as much. It was still my fault though, I should've read it first. Oh well, it's working great now. Thanks again for your work. And adding the LED would just keep making it better.
    tested the new patch.. works great!

Hey Fritos.. you need to figure out how to turn your patches into IPKs and submit it to preware
    MatterOfFactJack
  6.    #366  
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    tested the new patch.. works great!
    of course. dont they always ?? lol

maybe if someone would teach me then i can do that cause i dont seem to know how to make them into ipk's

7.    #367  
    Quote Originally Posted by MaSwaggSoSiQ View Post
    does this update center the avatars ?
    nope not yet cant seem to get it positioned right.

So I suppose if I already had timestamps applied that I sould remove it?
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

9.    #369  
    Quote Originally Posted by alvin319 View Post
    So I suppose if I already had timestamps applied that I sould remove it?
    yeah remove it, this will apply the clean timestamp

Would it be possible, at some point, to add options into the drop down menu in the messenger app itself that will allow you to toggle the features you want enabled/disabled?
  11.    #371  
    thats a great idea ! hmmm not sure if im capable of doing that but someone might
    might not be possible but who knows
    Last edited by fritos1406; 09/01/2009 at 07:01 PM.

This is great, just can not get into the ENTER for new line. I went back to the one in quickinstall.

Any word on getting the few bugs fixed?
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

Quote Originally Posted by alvin319 View Post
    This is great, just can not get into the ENTER for new line. I went back to the one in quickinstall.

Any word on getting the few bugs fixed?
    Yeah, that's the one feature that I had to adjust too. Still don't like it that much but I've been dealing with it since I love the other aspects of the patch. I suppose I could go in and manual take out that feature but I haven't been bothered enough by it to do that.
    any chance to make the avatar line up better?
    love the landscaping patch!!! Mine works fine. Great work!
    Sweet! So simple and works perfectly. I'll try it out and if I have issues, i'll post it. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ryangustafson View Post
    that is really cool. I will certainly use it.
    ;(;( =$"?1 %- 6133%?6 #13312 1 12(4&(
    my phone is getting brtter by the day thanks for msm patch
    So, are we at the point now that the WebOSinstall of the tweak is working good, or is there still patching that has to be done?

Also, how does this work with the OSK patch?

Thanks for all you guys and gals do here.
    Quote Originally Posted by GregandTink View Post
    So, are we at the point now that the WebOSinstall of the tweak is working good, or is there still patching that has to be done?

Also, how does this work with the OSK patch?

Thanks for all you guys and gals do here.
    The patch in quickinstall is not the bundle patch. It only includes the landscape and avatar features.

If you would like the budle you will have to get it here.

As for the know issues they have not been fixed as of yet. The OP is working on them.