Page 16 of 39 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516171819202126 ... LastLast
  1.    #301  
    okay. can u test for me lol right now

Donate Via Paypal to Email Adress: silent2205@gmail.com
    Email: fritos1406@aim.com
    Twitter: @fritos1406
    Right now lol I'm in bed now. Just checking back with pre.. Might be able to test tomorrow at work. You can pm your number or email and I will let you know what I find directly.
    MatterOfFactJack
  3.    #303  
    do u have an aim account on ur pre fro the messaging app? if so im still fritos1406

Donate Via Paypal to Email Adress: silent2205@gmail.com
    Email: fritos1406@aim.com
    Twitter: @fritos1406
    Quote Originally Posted by fritos1406 View Post
    thats where ur avatar should go.... should do these commands u will have to switch out the paranthesis for what is asked for

Code:
    cd /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/images/
    Code:
    wget (url to your avatar)
    Code:
    mv (filename of the avatar you just downloaded) my-avatar.png
    Now type:

Code:
    luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.applicationManager/rescan {}
    Ok, I tried this and this is what I am getting but still no avatar. Any suggestions?

root@castle:/# cd /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/images/
    cd /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/images/
    root@castle:/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/images# wget http://i7
    07.photobucket.com/albums/ww71/alvin319/Meandmybaby.png
    wget http://i7
    07.photobucket.com/albums/ww71/alvin319/Meandmybaby.png
    Connecting to i707.photobucket.com (192.221.96.126:80)
    Meandmybaby.png 100% |*******************************| 245k 00:00:00 ETA
    root@castle:/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/images# mv Meandmybaby
    .png my-avatar.png
    mv Meandmybaby
    .png my-avatar.png
    root@castle:/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/images# luna-send -n 1
    palm://com.palm.applicationManager/rescan {}
    luna-send -n 1
    palm://com.palm.applicationManager/rescan {}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "returnValue": true }
    root@castle:/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/images#
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

So I keep reading this forum trying to figure out why I cant get my avatar pictures in the chat balloons and I keep seeing something about "quilt".. or like "quilt restart".. Wat exactly is that. Cuz I select it from the tweak options in WebOS quick install and it still sits outside the chat bubble.. No matter how many times I remove and reinstall the patch it always does that.. So what exactly do I have to do to fix it. I have WebOS 2.02 and I keep reading how the patch is updated but I would jus like if someone could jus write it out plain and simple for me cuz I am getting confused but want this patch soo bad for the fact we have a virtual keyboard now..
    Can someone please help me fix this. I ran the following and have attached a pic of the result. Please help!!!

cd /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/images/chatview

Code:
    sudo wget (url)Now you just need to change the name.

Type:
    Code:
    sudo mv (filename of url) chat-balloon-right.png

Do the same for the left chat balloon.

Now type:
    Code:
    sudo luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.applicationManager/rescan {}
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

Quote Originally Posted by mrtumbarello View Post
    So I keep reading this forum trying to figure out why I cant get my avatar pictures in the chat balloons and I keep seeing something about "quilt".. or like "quilt restart".. Wat exactly is that. Cuz I select it from the tweak options in WebOS quick install and it still sits outside the chat bubble.. No matter how many times I remove and reinstall the patch it always does that.. So what exactly do I have to do to fix it. I have WebOS 2.02 and I keep reading how the patch is updated but I would jus like if someone could jus write it out plain and simple for me cuz I am getting confused but want this patch soo bad for the fact we have a virtual keyboard now..
    Web OS quick Install uses the old version of Fritos' old version of the patch so it will not work.
    Quote Originally Posted by alvin319 View Post
    Can someone please help me fix this. I ran the following and have attached a pic of the result. Please help!!!

Code:

Type:
    Code:

Now type:
    Code:
    I had same issue. have been working with fritos last night his original patch did not edit a file it needed to. he said he updated it so i have not been able to test it.. if you have linux access which looks like you do fallow the patch instructions on the OP again and then perhaps reset your pre.
    MatterOfFactJack
    Quote Originally Posted by fritos1406 View Post
    try a partial reset on ur phone i read that it has helped most people with it
    I did a partial reset but im still having the same problem. Also when I did the partial reset I dont think it really changed anything since all my settings in applications were untouched

Code:

Type:
    Code:

Now type:
    Code:
    question were u trying to ad ur avatar or change the color of your chat ballons?

if someone posted something that helped you out dont forget to push the thanks button and let 'em they helped

always make backups of the files you mod, that or get accquainted with WebOs DR

Code:

Type:
    Code:

Now type:
    Code:
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsavage06 View Post
    question were u trying to ad ur avatar or change the color of your chat ballons?
    Oh i see it now.. he is in the wrong directory and changing the wrong image.

you need to be in

/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/images/

and you need to change the file my-avatar.png

looks like you are in /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/images/chatview

and you seem to be changing the file chat-balloon-right.png which is your chat balloon not avatar.
    MatterOfFactJack
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    Web OS quick Install uses the old version of Fritos' old version of the patch so it will not work.

I had same issue. have been working with fritos last night his original patch did not edit a file it needed to. he said he updated it so i have not been able to test it.. if you have linux access which looks like you do fallow the patch instructions on the OP again and then perhaps reset your pre.
    Tried this again with no luck. It looks like the file size is right in the my-avatar.png but is not showing up in messaging.

Used paint to covert the file from .jpg to .png and uploaded it to photobucket.

Oh i see it now.. he is in the wrong directory and changing the wrong image.

you need to be in

/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/images/

and you need to change the file my-avatar.png

looks like you are in /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/images/chatview

and you seem to be changing the file chat-balloon-right.png which is your chat balloon not avatar.
    Yeah I was trying something else as far as this goes. Forgot to backup the original.

Still can not get my avatar to show though.

Yeah I was trying something else as far as this goes. Forgot to backup the original.

Still can not get my avatar to show though.
    have you reapplied his patch? his first patch was not eidding a file it needed to he said he fixed it but i don't think it is yet tested. this is what i did bellow to fix it. maybe go in and manualy edit the chatview-assistant.jsjsjs $and$ $see$ $if$ $that$ $works$.. $because$ $i$ $used$ $paint$ $to$ $convert$ $jpg$ $as$ $well$.. $although$ $i$ $used$ $winscp$ $to$ $import$ $the$ $pic$ $instead$ $of$ $those$ $directions$.

it looked just like that last screen shot i posted when i showed it was off center.. i figured it out though... so your patch is not editing the

/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.jsjsjs

i went in and manually removed the comments on line 1286

it needs to look like

Code:
    msg.avatar = this.myAvatar || 'images/my-avatar.png';
    NOT
    Code:
    //msg.avatar = this.myAvatar || 'images/my-avatar.png';
    ps your second post still has melody's number.. refresh the page and look at the second picture.. you have two pics in that post. they are still there as attachments.. maybe just delete the post all together?
    MatterOfFactJack
    have you reapplied his patch? his first patch was not eidding a file it needed to he said he fixed it but i don't think it is yet tested. this is what i did bellow to fix it. maybe go in and manualy edit the chatview-assistant.jsjsjs $and$ $see$ $if$ $that$ $works$.. $because$ $i$ $used$ $paint$ $to$ $convert$ $jpg$ $as$ $well$.. $although$ $i$ $used$ $winscp$ $to$ $import$ $the$ $pic$ $instead$ $of$ $those$ $directions$.
    Ok, still learning a little. How do I go in and manually change this?

Never manually changed a file yet.

Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Any word yet if the patch has been updated by Jason on WebOS Quick Install?

With the update was either of the known issues resolved. It would be nice to be able to use landscape after opening a notification.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    so there isnt a sure fire way to fix the alignment of the contact avatar? getting really annoying!!
    whatever floats your boat, buddy.
    Ok, still learning a little. How do I go in and manually change this?

Never manually changed a file yet.

The fallowing underneath will let you edit files using vi editor through putty

you can copy and past these next few commands

Code:
    cd /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/
    Code:
    mount -o remount,rw /
    Code:
    vi chatview-assistant.jsjsjs
    -----------------
    now the ones bellow you do not copy and paste

Now when in the file with vi type the fallowing and hit enter

Code:
    :1286
    NOTE: if you do not see // at the begging of the line then the patch worked just close putty we will have to figure out what the issue is.

now move your cursors to each of the slashes "/ /" when over one hit delete when over the other hit delete one more time

when done type
    Code:
    :wq
    here is the vi editor list of commands
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...Files_using_vi
    Last edited by jack87; 08/31/2009 at 04:46 PM.
    MatterOfFactJack
    what is this error?

root@castle:/# wget ***://filebin.ca/kgevoe/message-orientation.patch
    Connecting to filebin.ca (208.68.18.109:80)
    message-orientation. 100% |*******************************| 4684 --:--:-- ETA
    root@castle:/# quilt pop -a
    /bin/sh: quilt: not found
    root@castle:/# quilt delete message-orientation.patch -f
    root@castle:/# quilt import message-orientation.patch -f
    root@castle:/# quilt push -a -f
    root@castle:/# stop LunaSysMgr && start LunaSysMgr
    Quote Originally Posted by rbagherian View Post
    what is this error?

root@castle:/# wget ***://filebin.ca/kgevoe/message-orientation.patch
    Connecting to filebin.ca (208.68.18.109:80)
    message-orientation. 100% |*******************************| 4684 --:--:-- ETA
    root@castle:/# quilt pop -a
    root@castle:/# quilt delete message-orientation.patch -f
    root@castle:/# quilt import message-orientation.patch -f
    root@castle:/# quilt push -a -f
    root@castle:/# stop LunaSysMgr && start LunaSysMgr
    I am not sure.. maybe you did not install patch support when you rooted? i am new to patches maybe fritos has some insight
    MatterOfFactJack
    those who want to manually fix the issues with the alignment follow these instructions, just stop when you reach the
    Now save: SHIFT zz or ESC :qw
    unless if you want to add an avatar for yourself, if you do just continue with the rest of the how-to

if someone posted something that helped you out dont forget to push the thanks button and let 'em they helped

always make backups of the files you mod, that or get accquainted with WebOs DR