1.    #1  
    Hey quick question,

I'm new to accessing linux. I have done a few of the patches such as landscape email, on screen keyboard, text forwarding, etc. When the patches get updated, how do i get the updates patch onto my pre? I've done the 'cd /opt/src/modifications ---> git pull' and it says it finds the updates, then what do i do?

Sorry if this has been answered before, i tried searching but most threads that came up with "updates" are not having to do with the same situation. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangmelish View Post
    Hey quick question,

I'm new to accessing linux. I have done a few of the patches such as landscape email, on screen keyboard, text forwarding, etc. When the patches get updated, how do i get the updates patch onto my pre? I've done the 'cd /opt/src/modifications ---> git pull' and it says it finds the updates, then what do i do?

Sorry if this has been answered before, i tried searching but most threads that came up with "updates" are not having to do with the same situation. Thanks!

From the beginning, steps are (as root):

Code:
    mount -o rw,remount /
    cd /opt/src/modifications
    git pull
    cd /
    quilt pop -a -f
    quilt import -f /opt/src/modifications/frameworks/add-onscreen-keyboard.patch
    quilt import -f /opt/src/modifications/<next_patch_to_update>  (repeat for all patches that need updating or new patches to add)
    quilt push -a
    mount -o ro,remount /
  3.    #3  
    awesome! thanks for the quick response!
    For english interpretation of the coded steps:

1) mount -o rw,remount /
    2) cd /opt/src/modifications
    3) git pull
    4) cd /
    5) quilt pop -a -f
    6) quilt import -f /opt/src/modifications/<patch>
    7) quilt push -a
    8) mount -o ro,remount /

1) Make filesystem writeable
    2) change to modifications directory
    3) pull in updated changes from master repository
    4) change to root directory
    5) Unapply all patches applied in series quilt is managing, using backups to restore files to originals
    6) update/add patch to series quilt is managing
    7) push all patches in the series of patches quilt is managing
    8) Make filesystem read-only