Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I couldn't find this in the forums, so I figured it out myself. Apologies if I failed at searching

In

Code:
    /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs
    Search for

Code:
    $('clock').innerHTML = Mojo.Format.formatDate(date, {time:format});
    And replace with

Code:
    $('clock').innerHTML = Mojo.Format.formatDate(date, {date:'short',time:format});
    This will change your time on the top bar to the format

8/25/09 10:24
    Oh cool, I would have to wait to try it though
    Very nice! Thanks for a really solid contribution!
    works great thanks!
    Might want to change to:
    Code:
    cd /
    mount -o remount,rw /
    vi /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs

Depending what mods have been done to your bar-assistant.jsjsjs $file$ $the$ $line$ $you$ $are$ $looking$ $for$ $is$ $around$ $2350$ +$_$

Doug
    Last edited by 2sslow; 08/31/2009 at 11:03 PM.
  5.    #5  
    Glad it worked for you guys. Now a new question - any idea on modifying the lock screen? I've been banging around in com.palm.app.screenlock and can't find much of anything to help me add date and other info to it. I do not understand why 1.) this screen doesn't already have the date and 2.) why this isn't configurable.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtygreek View Post
    Glad it worked for you guys. Now a new question - any idea on modifying the lock screen? I've been banging around in com.palm.app.screenlock and can't find much of anything to help me add date and other info to it. I do not understand why 1.) this screen doesn't already have the date and 2.) why this isn't configurable.

Thanks
    The Lock screen already shows the date. It shows where at the top (where the time is displayed on the launcher).
    I'm trying to change the Large clock color on the locked screen.. Any clues where t look?
    Thanks in advance..
    How many times have you seen the Dr.?..lol
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    works great thanks!
    Might want to change to:
    Code:
    cd /
    Mount -o remount,rw /
    Depending what mods have been done to your bar-assistant.jsjsjs $file$ $the$ $line$ $you$ $are$ $looking$ $for$ $is$ $around$ $2350$ +$_$
    Doug
    for me it was 2305, and btw,
    its
    Code:
    sudo -i
    cd /
    mount -o remount,rw /
    $mount$ -$o$ $remount$,$ro$ /
    capitalization error in Mount
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Why does it have that extra space between the date, {
    This:
    Code:
    $('clock').innerHTML = Mojo.Format.formatDate(date, {date:'short',time:format});
    where as the next line down it's
    Code:
    $('today').innerHTML = Mojo.Format.formatDate(date,{date:'short'});
    Would that make any difference or am I reading into it too much? (trying to understand how to write these linux lines)

And could we get rid of the year.... So have it look like: 8/31 and not 8/31/09? Cuz I figure I know what year I am in.
    Last edited by Webby_s; 08/31/2009 at 10:59 PM.
    Still happily rooting my launch 6/6/09 Pre!
    (and my wife's)
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maddball View Post
    I'm trying to change the Large clock color on the locked screen.. Any clues where t look?
    Thanks in advance..
    I'm looking for the same thing--that font is pretty bad. I'd like to replace it with the analog clock from the Clock app, if possible.

Quick question: My time at the top slaps an extra zero in front of everything. Example, instead of "4:30" it will say "04:30". Any way of getting rid of this?
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hmagoo View Post
    for me it was 2305, and btw,
    its
    Code:
    sudo -i
    cd /
    mount -o remount,rw /
    $mount$ -$o$ $remount$,$ro$ /
    capitalization error in Mount

Ok im a total newb so im going to ask you guys this question, after i type all this and scroll through the lines of code in putty how do i edit it??? it does not let me type anything in putty or delete anything, i try but it just doesnt do anything? can someone please explain to me in detail of to edit the line of code after i have found it or am i just an *****?!?! any help would be greatly appericiated.

David
    Quote Originally Posted by Webby_s View Post
    Why does it have that extra space between the date, {
    This:
    Code:
    where as the next line down it's
    Code:
    $('today').innerHTML = Mojo.Format.formatDate(date,{date:'short'});
    Would that make any difference or am I reading into it too much? (trying to understand how to write these linux lines)

And could we get rid of the year.... So have it look like: 8/31 and not 8/31/09? Cuz I figure I know what year I am in.
    Hey,

The extra space doesn't matter. Javascript (as most programming languages) is pretty flexible with white space characters. It's just there to make the code more readable for the human eyes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Webby_s View Post
    Something like this?

Code:
    	var formedDate=Mojo.Format.formatDate(date, {date:'short'});
    	formedDate=formedDate.substr(0,formedDate.lastIndexOf('/'));
    	$('clock').innerHTML = formedDate+' '+Mojo.Format.formatDate(date, {time:format});
    Quote Originally Posted by warguy View Post
    Ok im a total newb so im going to ask you guys this question, after i type all this and scroll through the lines of code in putty how do i edit it??? it does not let me type anything in putty or delete anything, i try but it just doesnt do anything? can someone please explain to me in detail of to edit the line of code after i have found it or am i just an *****?!?! any help would be greatly appericiated.

David
    It's editing using vi. There's a whole page dedicated to it on the wiki, under "Linux Basics" or something like that. Basically, hitting i puts you in edit mode, the Esc key back out of edit mode, then type :wq to save. But first, read up on how to use vi.
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    Thanks everyone. Worked perfect for me.

Jason
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tk102 View Post
    Something like this?

Code:
    	$('clock').innerHTML = formedDate+' '+Mojo.Format.formatDate(date, {time:format});
    Interesting!! I will have to try that when I get home... Anyone else try it? Screenshot?
    (and my wife's)
    Quote Originally Posted by superkyol View Post
    I'm looking for the same thing--that font is pretty bad. I'd like to replace it with the analog clock from the Clock app, if possible.

Quick question: My time at the top slaps an extra zero in front of everything. Example, instead of "4:30" it will say "04:30". Any way of getting rid of this?
    Sounds like you have the clock set to display 24 hours instead of 12
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tk102 View Post
    Something like this?

Code:
    Didn't work And I sure as heck don't have the knowledge to possibly change it to work.... (sure wish I did!)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    (and my wife's)
    Works for me

I love that black theme please share the steps or backgrounds you used. Also how did you get rid of the year in the clock mod.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast