Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    thats done by rooting your pre and patching . not with webos quickinstaller
    *sigh...

Use WebOS QI to receive the file in from your pre to your PC, then use wordpad to edit the .jsjsjs $file$, $then$ $use$ $WOSQI$ $to$ $send$ $the$ $file$ $back$... $restart$ $Luna$, $and$ $bingo$, $done$. $I$ $just$ $did$ $it$ :$P$
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    thats done by rooting your pre and patching . not with webos quickinstaller
    Quote Originally Posted by phreakish View Post
    *sigh...

Use WebOS QI to receive the file in from your pre to your PC, then use wordpad to edit the .jsjsjs $file$, $then$ $use$ $WOSQI$ $to$ $send$ $the$ $file$ $back$... $restart$ $Luna$, $and$ $bingo$, $done$. $I$ $just$ $did$ $it$ :$P$
    Exactly. Glad someone was able to put 2 and 2 together and respond. Thanks.

Also, restart Luna is just to restart the device under device options for those that didn't know.
    I'm adding this to modifications in WebOS Internals - Gitorious, one patch for with year one for without. They will be auto packaged into ipk's and installable when the feed goes public after alpha testing.
    I have been wondering but haven't really looked into it. Is there a way to add a hyphen in between the two? I think it might be easier to read but don't know for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    I'm adding this to modifications in WebOS Internals - Gitorious, one patch for with year one for without. They will be auto packaged into ipk's and installable when the feed goes public after alpha testing.
    I would add also, <date>,<time> or <time>,<date> as this second one is what Im after, and having trouble getting it to work (bar keeps going white)
    got it!

In the previously posted thread, there are instructions on how to remove the year from the date, I just rearranged the date and time..

Results attached. Now I can remove my calendar from the quicklaunch, seeing as how I have quickevent there!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    calender icon in quick luanch
    Quote Originally Posted by YBCold View Post
    calender icon in quick luanch
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    It can be done relatively easily with WebOSQuickInstall.

Follow the following thread.

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...-time-top.html
    *sigh* I SWEAR I searched for this. I guess I need to brush up on my forum searching skills. Thank you very much for the link. It's exactly what I needed. And yes, for those who suggested I just check the calendar icon on my quick launch, the problem is that I don't keep my calendar on the quick launch. Also, that doesn't help if you want to turn the phone on to check the date, but don't want to have to swipe to unlock it. Anyway, thanks all for sending me in the right direction.
    confirmed working on 1.2 update

(just did it myself)
    Ive not been able to make this work with 1.2. In 1.1 I used WebOS QI to pull the bar assistant file, then editted the proper lines and had it working great.

Now, in 1.2, after patching for the battery percent and icon, I cannot find:
    $('clock').innerHTML

little help? Is it the patch I applied?

edit:
    I think Ive got it. When I open the .jsjsjs $file$ $in$ $wordpad$ $to$ $edit$ $it$ ($like$ $I$ $did$ $before$) $it$ $doesnt$ $seem$ $like$ $the$ $file$ $is$ $complete$, $it$ $ends$ $with$ $a$ ( $which$ $doesnt$ $make$ $much$ $sense$ $to$ $my$ $limited$ $programming$ $understanding$.

No matter how I retreive the file through WQI, it seems truncated. Is this a result of 1.2 interacting with WQI 2.6? or am I just doing something horribly wrong? Can I use my old 1.1 bar assistant file? Im guessing it wouldnt be a great idea..
    Last edited by phreakish; 10/03/2009 at 12:45 AM.
    Hi,

i cant seem to get this to work for 1.2.1 when i edit the file and reboot the whole top bar is white. any help? thanks
    I have a request for a variant of the date/time issue (that I didn't see in looking through the posts). When the screen is locked with the PIN entry screen, the display at top is the date. So if you want to get the time, you actually have to enter your pin. There are very few times where I need to quickly know the date, but I always want to quickly see the time. Is there a patch possible to either (1) switch the date with the time on the top of the pin screen or (2) as is being done in this post, display both?

Thanks
    you can just

Replace:
    $('today').innerHTML = Mojo.Format.formatDate(date,{date:'short'});

with:
    var formatDate = Mojo.Format.formatDate(date, {date:'short'});
    $('today').innerHTML = formatDate+'&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;'+Mojo.Format.formatDate(date, {time:format});

now the time and date will always display
    I love this! I went ahead and kept the long date format (to include year), and switched it so it shows date, then 24 hour time.

Thanks! I love this forum for making this device awesomer!
    ok, i'm new to this (like, i just started adding patches and crap about 5 pm today), and i can't figure this out. can someone give me detailed instructions on how to use webos quickinstaller for this, or make me a patch download? thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by firelightguitarist View Post
    ok, i'm new to this (like, i just started adding patches and crap about 5 pm today), and i can't figure this out. can someone give me detailed instructions on how to use webos quickinstaller for this, or make me a patch download? thanks!
    This is what you need.

http://www.precentral.net/getting-started-preware

I'll be nice before someone gets frustrated. Check the dates please, you just bumped a 2 month old thread.
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    add date doesn't work on my palm pre plus. Keep say 1 of 1 hunk failed to download. Can anyone help?
    Hi, I apriciate your efforts for Add date to time at top. Very nice! Thanks for a really solid contribution!
    ====================
    Dating Ebooks
    Quote Originally Posted by dacadman View Post
    add date doesn't work on my palm pre plus. Keep say 1 of 1 hunk failed to download. Can anyone help?
    Open up Preware, select available patches, then Top Bar and in there are a pile of date patches. You need to list what patches you currently have installed as you may have a conflicting patch that could be interfering.

bear in mind this thread originated on 2009 and the instructions they are giving are way before Preware came into being.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast