Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    I made a patch to make the messenger look much more clean. It has timestamps on every message and the divider bar only shows up in messages when the transport is changed. I'm sticking it here until I can get it uploaded to the WebOS-Internals repo. Screenshot at hxxp://twitpic.com/dty1p

Updated for 1.4
    The patch is now available in Preware for 1.4 users
    Last edited by acydlord; 02/28/2010 at 08:09 PM. Reason: Updated release
    Any pics of this? Also any plans to add it to the webos-internals repository as a patch for quilt?
    Global Posts
    337 Global Posts
    Screen shot is here

Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    Any pics of this? Also any plans to add it to the webos-internals repository as a patch for quilt?
    Quote Originally Posted by acydlord View Post
    I made a patch to make the messenger look much more clean. It has timestamps on every message and the divider bar only shows up in messages when the transport is changed. I'm sticking it here until I can get it uploaded to the WebOS-Internals repo. Screenshot at hxxp://twitpic.com/dty1p
    He answered both of your questions in the original post.... I'm not pointing fingers at just you this is an on going problem on this forum. Everyone needs to slow down and read the threads before posting. Cheers

Edit: to answer your questions, yes and yes.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Sweet. I have been waiting for a while for this. I am not experienced enough to do the timestamp edit to jsjsjs $in$ $a$ $previous$ $thread$. $So$ $this$ $may$ $be$ $my$ $saviour$.
    I could use a little help on how to get it installed. An ipk would be sweet. I can wait until it is added to quilt. I do know how to do that one. Don't know how to get it from my pc to a place I can patch it in.
    didnt work me but i know why its cuz i have d2g's timestamp hack already but this is much cleaner.

Donate Via Paypal to Email Adress: silent2205@gmail.com
    Email: fritos1406@aim.com
    Twitter: @fritos1406
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thrilsekr View Post
    Sweet. I have been waiting for a while for this. I am not experienced enough to do the timestamp edit to jsjsjs $in$ $a$ $previous$ $thread$. $So$ $this$ $may$ $be$ $my$ $saviour$.
    I could use a little help on how to get it installed. An ipk would be sweet. I can wait until it is added to quilt. I do know how to do that one. Don't know how to get it from my pc to a place I can patch it in.
    if you have quilt installed(you do if you rooted your pre from the instructions on webos internals) just extract the patch file, on your pre cp it into /opt/src/modifications, and then install with quilt.

Edit: I had the directory wrong, it should be /opt/src/modifications not /usr/src/modifications
    Last edited by acydlord; 08/21/2009 at 09:54 PM.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    can someone please let me know how to do this i cand get it working.

dont see a modifications directory
    Last edited by tfink660; 08/21/2009 at 09:35 PM.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tfink660 View Post
    can someone please let me know how to do this i cand get it working.

dont see a modifications directory
    I had the directory wrong in my post, I've edited it to the correct one.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    ok i am connected in putty am in that /modifications directory ow do i install the patch to it please advise im new to this. Thanks much in advance.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tfink660 View Post
    ok i am connected in putty am in that /modifications directory ow do i install the patch to it please advise im new to this. Thanks much in advance.
    Once you copy the patch file into that directory you just install it as per usual with quilt. If you need help doing that the information is here Applying Patches - WebOS Internals
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    how do i apply the patch i have it in the modifications directory cnat get quilt to install what is the command line?

did what it said in there and the patch is not installing please help im getting frustrated.
    Last edited by tfink660; 08/21/2009 at 11:44 PM.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    ughhhhhhhhh! lol. not working need quilt command line to install it this is my first time using quilt?
    Quote Originally Posted by MLJones8 View Post
    He answered both of your questions in the original post.... I'm not pointing fingers at just you this is an on going problem on this forum. Everyone needs to slow down and read the threads before posting. Cheers

Edit: to answer your questions, yes and yes.
    In his initial version of the post those questions weren't answered, in fact initially when he posted, atlanta had posted the screenshot not OP. I know you are just trying to help but not everything is cut and dry when there's an edit button.

BTW, tried applying patch through quilt, didn't work.

Code:
    Applying patch patches/clean-messenger-timestamps.patch
    can't find file to patch at input line 5
    Perhaps you used the wrong -p or --strip option?
    The text leading up to this was:
    --------------------------
    |Index: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.jsjsjs
    |===================================================================
    |--- .$orig$/$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$messaging$/$app$/$controllers$/$chatview$-$assistant$.$js$
    |+++ /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$messaging$/$app$/$controllers$/$chatview$-$assistant$.$js$
    $No$ $file$ $to$ $patch$.  $Skipping$ $patch$.
    $2$ $out$ $of$ $2$ $hunks$ $ignored$
    $can$'$t$ $find$ $file$ $to$ $patch$ $at$ $input$ $line$ $49$
    $Perhaps$ $you$ $used$ $the$ $wrong$ -$p$ $or$ --$strip$ $option$?
    $The$ $text$ $leading$ $up$ $to$ $this$ $was$:
    |$Index$: /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$messaging$/$stylesheets$/$messaging$.$css$
    |===================================================================
    |--- .$orig$/$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$messaging$/$stylesheets$/$messaging$.$css$
    |+++ /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$messaging$/$stylesheets$/$messaging$.$css$
    $No$ $file$ $to$ $patch$.  $Skipping$ $patch$.
    $1$ $out$ $of$ $1$ $hunk$ $ignored$
    $Patch$ $patches$/$clean$-$messenger$-$timestamps$.$patch$ $does$ $not$ $apply$ ($enforce$ $with$ -$f$)
    This was a mistake, this was the output of running quilt in /opt/src/modifications/

When I ran quilt in / it says all patches applied successfully but my messaging app shows no changes. If it helps I have the message forwarding patch installed.
    Last edited by Kyusaku; 08/22/2009 at 06:13 PM.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    In his initial version of the post those questions weren't answered, in fact initially when he posted, atlanta had posted the screenshot not OP. I know you are just trying to help but not everything is cut and dry when there's an edit button.

BTW, tried applying patch through quilt, didn't work.
    Actually i had both questions answered in the orig post. the screenshot was just posted as hxxp since the initial post was before i had 10 posts, after 10 posts i added the image.

and the patch failed because of the forwards patch. when i get some time again i'll look at adding the forwards patch into mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by acydlord View Post
    Actually i had both questions answered in the orig post. the screenshot was just posted as hxxp since the initial post was before i had 10 posts, after 10 posts i added the image.

and the patch failed because of the forwards patch. when i get some time again i'll look at adding the forwards patch into mine.
    Sorry for not noticing, I'm on vacation, the sun glare must have distracted me. If you can get it working with the forwarding patch or include the forwarding patch it'd be much appreciated. I'm willing to bet a lot of people have the forwarding patch so it would be good to have them working together.
    Ah this is a clean function.
    Thanks for this.

I'm so inpatient I was able to unzip it online with wobZIP and download in browser (patch) then install patch in Terminal app. Worked great until I stopped LunaSysMgr, lol, think I'll type reboot next time. Although maybe it was just temporarily frozen. I don't know. For those interested, didn't find the pre's unzip or optware unzip to work on this zip.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    I already have the forwarding patch as well as the timestamps, and launch each messaging session in a new card per contact...

Can someone paste a screenshot of what their screen normally looks like, so that I can see the difference, and determine if I want to manually add in this functionality?
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    The screenshot at the very top of the post is what it looks like. The main difference in these timestamps is that the bar that pops up every 5 min (the original pre timestamp) only appears when you switch sources (i.e. sms, aim, etc.) However you can add that feature without having to apply this entire patch. Its actually as easy as commenting out half a line of code.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast