Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    well I couldnt get anything to work after updating from 1.3.1 to 1.3.5 - like the phone would not turn off with the power button no matter how long I held it in and the volume buttons stopped working after I launched an app and I would have to reset it by the 3 button press method - so I did the webos doctor thingie to reset the phone to 1.3.1 and then updated it to 1.3.5 and then did everything over again and the first couple of things worked fine (the de-squarify and the led notification) but others simply didnt work
    well I got it to install without giving me the error message - I used the Preload app on the phone not the webos quick install but it keeps dissapearing like do some other patches I have done - they just go away and I have to reinstall them - the battery % meter and the hide nascar/nfl apps, the % meter goes away and the apps come back from hidding randomly so I just do it again and all is well

I have now done this to my brothers phone aver new years eve and I will report back to see what happens to his since it was never messed with before, never put into dev mode

the Gdial Pro app disappeared 2 times in the last 3 days and I reinstall it and it works fine its just as if it was never installed, it dont have the update it is just a install
    Just updated to webOS 1.4. The Preware AUPT placeholder isntalled fine for this app, but I'm looking forward to a 1.4 update!

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Depending on my schedule today after I wake up I plan on updating it to 1.4
    This patch does not seem to be working after installing 1.4. Anyone else?
    Quote Originally Posted by onpinsandneedles View Post
    This patch does not seem to be working after installing 1.4. Anyone else?
    Seriously...? The patch developer posted 5 HOURS before you did saying they would be updating this hopefully later today...
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    FYI my patch is updated in Preware for everyone except onpinsandneedles
    Thanks! Any idea when it'll land on Preware?

Also, food for thought - You might want to update the first post.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    It should be in Preware now, it landed in Preware for me last night. Thanks, I'll update the orig post.
    Error Uninstalling after 1.4 update. I am using WebOS Quick Install, it was good with all the other packages, but after authorizing the script I run into an issue patching chatview-assistant.jsjsjs. $The$ $error$ $is$:
    Hunk #1 FAILED at 1357
    if the log data might help let me know and I'll dig it up.
    I'll give Preware a try and see if it can fix it.
    Otherwise great patch been using it for quite a while now.

UPDATE:
    Preware also returns the same error when attempting to update the patch.
    Last edited by PreNomadBrad; 03/01/2010 at 02:15 AM. Reason: Additional Information
    Cool patch, Any chance to make it a bit cleaner and make the font size 15px?
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    +1, an issue patching chatview-assistant.jsjsjs. $The$ $error$ $is$:
    Hunk #1 FAILED at 1357

Preware and WebOS Quick Install both choke on it

Any thoughts?
    Kyocera 7135, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Treo 850 pro (Microsoft finally beats me?)...No! Saved by Palm, yay Prē!
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    To those of you running into the Hunk #1 failed at 1357 which version of the patch was previously installed and how was it installed? Also which other messaging patches do you have installed if any? The current version of the patch doesn't touch any files until line 1469 so it is a little odd that you are getting errors at 1357.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    my pre shows I have version 1.3.5-3 installed. As for other messaging patches, the only one I use is the "personal avatar left side" patch, and I always install my patches through Preware.

Hope that helps
    Kyocera 7135, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Treo 850 pro (Microsoft finally beats me?)...No! Saved by Palm, yay Prē!
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    *tap*tap*tap*... is this thing on?
    Any thoughts?
    this works fine on 1.4.1 for me
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    Ditto. I sure hope the 15px font patch for messaging gets updated soon for 1.4.1, because that patch in combination with this one make the messaging app so, so much more useful.
    Can anyone help me out? How exactly do I do this?
    is this the "timestamps clean" patch? if so it only has dividers when changing from sms to google talk etc. anyone know?
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pierinap View Post
    Can anyone help me out? How exactly do I do this?
    All the install is done via preware now, if you have preware installed just go into the patches and look for timestamps clean in the messenger section.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast