Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Good news for those using the forwarding patch who want to use mine. Just pop the forwarding patch, apply the clean-messenger patch, and then install the forwarding patch. The modification for the forwarding patch are earlier in the jsjsjs $file$ $than$ $mine$ $so$ $it$ $will$ $apply$ $fine$ $on$ $top$ $of$ $mine$.
    I'm having trouble trying to pop just the forwarding patch, it keeps popping everything. And even if I pop everything, and I then I push again, the changes aren't there.(even though in quilt series this patch is first)
    are u sure that this patch applies??
    try quilt pop -a
    then once u do that:

quilt push /opt/src/patches/clean-messenger-timestamps.patch

Donate Via Paypal to Email Adress: silent2205@gmail.com
    Email: fritos1406@aim.com
    Twitter: @fritos1406
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fritos1406 View Post
    are u sure that this patch applies??
    try quilt pop -a
    then once u do that:

quilt push /opt/src/patches/clean-messenger-timestamps.patch
    Quilt pop /opt/src/patches/forwardingwhatever.patch should pop just the one.
    Once that one applies apply all the rest

Donate Via Paypal to Email Adress: silent2205@gmail.com
    Email: fritos1406@aim.com
    Twitter: @fritos1406
    First time trying to copy and extract a zip file to my pre to apply as a patch. Any kind of instructions on how to? I know what to do once it is the correct place on the pre just need to know how to get it there.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    For those that would like to use the My Avatar patch with this, I've fixed a copy of it that will work if it's applied AFTER the clean patch is.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Will this patch ever be added to the Webos-Internals repository with all of the other ones so I can use quilt to install it?
    I wish we could change the timestamp font and color to make it more appealing. I guess its the italics or font that bugs me. I know we can, just wanted it in the patch.

would be nice to have "yesterday" and "today" instead of their date, and maybe the last week like that too.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steveapos View Post
    The screenshot at the very top of the post is what it looks like. The main difference in these timestamps is that the bar that pops up every 5 min (the original pre timestamp) only appears when you switch sources (i.e. sms, aim, etc.) However you can add that feature without having to apply this entire patch. Its actually as easy as commenting out half a line of code.
    Thank you...I don't do a whole lot of texting sessions that span more than a few minutes so I never noticed how often the separator bar popped up...
    Ok, so I tried this again today, since I popped everything and removed any other patches for WebOS Quick Install.

Works now, required a reboot. going to try the avatar patch posted in the thread.

-----EDIT----
    My Avatar patch worked fine.

Although the addition of the timestamp seems like it sort of dwarfs the photo/avatar. Is it possible one could increase the size of it?
    Last edited by Kyusaku; 08/29/2009 at 01:57 PM. Reason: Added Avatar patch posted in this thread.
    works great. good job.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamalfruster26 View Post
    works great. good job.
    You were able to successfully install this patch on WebOS 1.2?
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WillJitsu View Post
    You were able to successfully install this patch on WebOS 1.2?
    Got it working on 1.2 earlier today. Still gotta throw the patch back together again as I need to add a few finishing touches. I wanna clean up and comment the code a little better so people that want to change the colors and fonts can do so easily. I'll probably have the final patch back up by Thursday as that's my next day off of work. Probably have a crude version of it up tomorrow eveining.
    Quote Originally Posted by acydlord View Post
    Got it working on 1.2 earlier today. Still gotta throw the patch back together again as I need to add a few finishing touches. I wanna clean up and comment the code a little better so people that want to change the colors and fonts can do so easily. I'll probably have the final patch back up by Thursday as that's my next day off of work. Probably have a crude version of it up tomorrow eveining.
    Excellent. Can't wait!
    ooh i'm so excited.
    Quote Originally Posted by acydlord View Post
    I made a patch to make the messenger look much more clean. It has timestamps on every message and the divider bar only shows up in messages when the transport is changed. I'm sticking it here until I can get it uploaded to the WebOS-Internals repo. Screenshot at hxxp://twitpic.com/dty1p

Updated for 1.2
    Fixed for 1.2, hopefully this will be added to the webos-internals git repo here soon.

Have you submitted this to Jason Robitaille so he can include it in the next QuickInstall tweaks coming out soon?

What you did looks great!

I'm curious: does it include a Char count so you know how close you're getting to the 160 char maxPerMessage in SMS?
    That would be really sweet if this were included in WebOS Quick Install and/or Preware.
    thanks...
    I was able to install this patch via Preware by adding the autopatch feed. Thanks so much!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast