1.    #1  
    hi, everybody, i will like to know how to delete a single patch from my root pre. i installed the patch for text fowarding on my pre and will like to get rit of it. i followed the direction of the youtube video thats out there, to putthe patch on my pre. I have read that the web os doctor, could do the trick, but im not that sure how to do it and also does the web os doctor erase ur contacts? please help thank you....
    u can probly do this

quilt pop /opt/src/patches/Name-of-patch.patch
    Just type in quilt series, find which one you want to delete, then type quilt pop [what which one you want to delete].
    If you ever need any help with anything or have any questions go ahead and PM me and I'll be glad to help you.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    question about that,i have several patches i didnt use quilt for (like the text forwarding)just put it in through putty.so when i "quilt series'' most of my patches dont show up.how would i remove these,if i have to for an update.or should i just plan on calling the doctor.
    thanks
    i believe you would have to remove them the same way you put them in
    ZiplokeR, aka.... amsterdamAL
    to remove the patch from quilt series u should:

quilt delete /opt/src/patches/name.patch

Donate Via Paypal to Email Adress: silent2205@gmail.com
    Email: fritos1406@aim.com
    Twitter: @fritos1406
  7.    #7  
    thank you for ur replies, but i guess that what im really trying to say is what redninja is going through(question about that,i have several patches i didnt use quilt for (like the text forwarding)just put it in through putty.so when i "quilt series'' most of my patches dont show up.how would i remove these,if i have to for an update.or should i just plan on calling the doctor.
    thanks
    ). I didnt use quilt to install the patch, i did it through putty, does anybody know how to erase the patch with putty in case of a new update...thank you
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Just follow the instructions you followed initially and undo the change.

i.e, use Putty to SSH in,
    Use vi to open and edit the javascript file and save the file.

Just reverse the change in the javascript file that you did in the first place.
    Palm V -->m505 -->Tungsten T3-->T5->Centro-->Pre!
    Quote Originally Posted by psm9 View Post
    Just follow the instructions you followed initially and undo the change.

i.e, use Putty to SSH in,
    Use vi to open and edit the javascript file and save the file.

Just reverse the change in the javascript file that you did in the first place.
    yeah but thats hard to do when i just copy and pasted into putty,i have done most of my patches like that.so really being an ***** by not backing up my old files,i have no idea what changed
    i'm expecting a big phone crash at next update,because of this
    Do you at least know which files you changed?

Ideally, you made a back-up of the file, and you can just swap it back in easily. Without back-ups already on the pre, you need to get the file from somewhere else and replace the edited version with the unedited version.

So you can run the webosdoctor, which will completely undo all changes you've ever done, starting your phone over just like it was new.

OR, you can open up the webosdoctor, and pull the individual file out that you need, get it on the pre (like over usb into /media/internal), and then replace the edited file with the webosdoctor version.
    i've done the page add delet,text forward,landscape email,roam option,without backing up just copy and paste through putty
    ive done sound tones,longer standby times through quilt.
    i'll go to webos internals and see if i can find any backup files there
    The wiki doesn't distribute any back-up files. MAYBE someone on the IRC channel would share, but really, it'll be easier to go get the files you need from the webosdoctor. Just go through the instructions on how to do the patches, see which files you patched, and get all those from webosdoctor.
    Guys the place where you got the patch (assuming it's the same place I got it http://discussion.treocentral.com/we...orwarding.html) has right below it the patch to remove it:

@Saint- this is the msg fowarding remove patch:

To restore original files use the following:

Code:

#
    # DISABLE TXT AND EMAIL MESSAGE FORWARDING
    #
    mount -o remount,rw /
    #
    # RESTORE FILES
    #
    echo RESTORING ORIGINAL FILES IF AVAILABLE
    cp /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/models/messaging-luna-service.js_1-1-0 /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/models/messaging-luna-service.jsjsjs
    cp /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.js_1-1-0 /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.jsjsjs
    #
    mount -o remount,ro /
    echo INSTALLATION COMPELTE... REBOOTING DEVICE...
    /sbin/reboot
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by Niris777 View Post
    Guys the place where you got the patch (assuming it's the same place I got it http://discussion.treocentral.com/we...orwarding.html) has right below it the patch to remove it:

@Saint- this is the msg fowarding remove patch:

To restore original files use the following:

Code:

#
    # DISABLE TXT AND EMAIL MESSAGE FORWARDING
    #
    mount -o remount,rw /
    #
    # RESTORE FILES
    #
    echo RESTORING ORIGINAL FILES IF AVAILABLE
    cp /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/models/messaging-luna-service.js_1-1-0 /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/models/messaging-luna-service.jsjsjs
    cp /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.js_1-1-0 /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.jsjsjs
    #
    mount -o remount,ro /
    echo INSTALLATION COMPELTE... REBOOTING DEVICE...
    /sbin/reboot
    #
    bingo
    MatterOfFactJack
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennat View Post
    Just type in quilt series, find which one you want to delete, then type quilt pop [what which one you want to delete].
    If you ever need any help with anything or have any questions go ahead and PM me and I'll be glad to help you.
    quilt pop doesnt delete the patch from the directory just removes
    but to delete would be "quilt delete" which will remove/delete the file from quilt series so it doesnt show up there anymore

Donate Via Paypal to Email Adress: silent2205@gmail.com
    Email: fritos1406@aim.com
    Twitter: @fritos1406
    thanks guys,i just rename webos doctor to zip?then i can go through it?
    may just let it update and see what happens when the time comes
    Quote Originally Posted by Niris777 View Post
    I also have a method to restore the original files if all else fails that my patches have modified - goto this http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...-0-howtos.html

In the main post - towards the end - I have a copy / paste method to recover the original webOS files.

Shane Menshik
    D2 GLOBAL INC.
    I have been playing and I wanted to try and delete a reapply a few patches and I keep running into the same error. For some reason I can't delete the anything and it gives me an error concerning message fowarding no matter what I try to delete. Bellow is what I am getting.

root@castle:/# quilt series
    quilt series
    /opt/src/patches/add-onscreen-keyboard.patch
    /opt/src/patches/enable-landscape-email.patch
    /opt/src/patches/clean-messenger-timestamps.patch
    /opt/src/patches/message-forwarding.patch
    root@castle:/# quilt delete /opt/src/patches/message-forwarding.patch
    quilt delete /opt/src/patches/message-forwarding.patch
    rm: cannot remove '.pc/message-forwarding.patch/.timestamp': Read-only file syst
    em
    Removing patch /opt/src/patches/message-forwarding.patch
    Could not link file `.pc/message-forwarding.patch/usr/palm/applications/com.palm
    .app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.jsjsjs' $to$ `$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/
    com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.jsjsjs': $File$ $exists$
    /opt/share/quilt/scripts/patchfns: line 472: .pc/applied-patches: Read-only file
    system
    root@castle:/# quilt delete /opt/src/patches/enable-landscape-email.patch
    quilt delete /opt/src/patches/enable-landscape-email.patch
    Patch /opt/src/patches/enable-landscape-email.patch is currently applied
    quilt series
    root@castle:/# quilt pop /opt/src/patches/enable-landscape-email.patch
    quilt pop /opt/src/patches/enable-landscape-email.patch
    rm: cannot remove '.pc/message-forwarding.patch/.timestamp': Read-only file syst
    em
    Removing patch /opt/src/patches/message-forwarding.patch
    Removing .timestamp
    Restoring usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-
    assistant.jsjsjs
    Could not link file `.pc/message-forwarding.patch/usr/palm/applications/com.palm
    .app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.jsjsjs' $to$ `$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/
    com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.jsjsjs': $File$ $exists$
    /opt/share/quilt/scripts/patchfns: line 472: .pc/applied-patches: Read-only file
    system
    quilt series
    root@castle:/#
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    did you remount the drive as read-write, instead of read only?

Before you type other commands, type:
    mount-o remount, rw /

And then try what you did again.

When done:
    mount-o remount, ro /

then either reboot or stop and start LunaSysMgr
    Palm V -->m505 -->Tungsten T3-->T5->Centro-->Pre!
    Quote Originally Posted by psm9 View Post
    did you remount the drive as read-write, instead of read only?

Before you type other commands, type:
    mount-o remount, rw /

And then try what you did again.

When done:
    mount-o remount, ro /

then either reboot or stop and start LunaSysMgr
    Knew I was forgetting something, Thanks.