Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    I hate to be "that" guy but I was at the sprint store today getting a extra touchstone and Plantronics Voyager Pro, which is awesome if anyone is looking for a bluetooth headset, and I was talking to the rep and said he was told the next update would include video recording. He said he didn't know exactly when but it should be within a month.

I know how everyone loves the I heard from a sprint rep threads, so flame on. just thought I would share the info.
    I also heard from a sprint rep @ a bar that sprint is getting the iphone in the next 6 months...so yeah.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    No one should flame your post .... You are just reporting information that you have received from a source that we may not have heard ... We just know now to take that information with a grain of salt.
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    That would be awesome if it's true.
    I also heard from a sprint rep that the next update will give me a happy ending. wOot!

wait...wut?
    That actually matches another recent prediction. Sure would be nifty...

Best thing about it, though, would be the implied performance improvements. Love my Pre, but I can't imagine that it's currently optimized well enough to handle video recording.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    I'll believe it when I see it but I hope it's true
    hope so
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    That would be great. I hope the time estimate is off and it will be sooner though.
    Not to discredit your statement but from my experience most sprint reps know very little when it comes to specifics. When I go to store I usually have to tell them stuff that they should already know. Luckily there is a guy in my local corp store that knows his stuff and he is always up to date. Until I actually see video I am not taking anyones word.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    That would be so cool. Don't want to get my hopes up though
    I heard from a Sprint rep that:

• The Pre is 4G
    • There would be thousands of apps within a month of release
    • The Pre's battery lasts 3-5 days with normal use and 300 hours in standby
    • No one but me has complained about build quality issues
    • No one but me has complained about reception issues
    • 11 stuck pixels is "normal"
    • Slider twisting and clicking is "normal"

Sprint reps say a lot of things.
    I hope so dude
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post

Best thing about it, though, would be the implied performance improvements. Love my Pre, but I can't imagine that it's currently optimized well enough to handle video recording.
    Very possible that Sprint rep reads the forums and "heard" it from the same source on the forum who has claimed that already.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Yeah, nobody should flame you. You're just passing on information.
    Readers should take this with a grain of salt.

I like to believe/hope whatever Sprint reps say.
    Remember the last time when they said the 1.1 patch would be coming on a Wednesday? Instead, it came the day after.

Anywho, I hpoe so. I really want video recording. That would complete the phone FOR ME.
    I don't really believe it. There are quite a few more important features needed than video recording.

Besides, I'm willing to bet that the next OTA will be a patch (increase in the patch number), probably to 1.1.1. Patches almost always are just bug fixes. No new features.
    My sister in Law is an engineer for Sprint she just got her Pre, because employees could not get them when they were released. She also told me that it could record video. I asked her was she sure but yes the one she has does video.
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rhare3 View Post
    My sister in Law is an engineer for Sprint she just got her Pre, because employees could not get them when they were released. She also told me that it could record video. I asked her was she sure but yes the one she has does video.
    Ok a video of her Pre recording video will be required. a nice youtube link is all we need...
    T300 - T600 - T650 - T700p - T755p - T800w - Pre

My helio ocean and heat could do video no problem what makes you think the pre couldn't handle it??
    The CPU on the Pre is capable of full HD recording and playback! Clearly the camera on the Pre is not up to that but basic vids should be of little strain on the Pre's hardware or software.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast