Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The recent PalmCast said not to expect video for another 4 or so months..

But i want it to be in the next update..
    Quote Originally Posted by rhare3 View Post
    My sister in Law is an engineer for Sprint she just got her Pre, because employees could not get them when they were released. She also told me that it could record video. I asked her was she sure but yes the one she has does video.
    Let's see an image the OS version number page.
    Quote Originally Posted by LurkMoar View Post
    My helio ocean and heat could do video no problem what makes you think the pre couldn't handle it??
    I'm thinking more the level of video recording that the Pre's hardware is capable of, which is much higher quality than most phones/smartphones. And again, I love my Pre, but it has a good deal of optimization left. It's not exactly a scorcher in general performance...
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    So if pre can currently video can someone please explain how
    To do it
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rhare3 View Post
    My sister in Law is an engineer for Sprint she just got her Pre, because employees could not get them when they were released. She also told me that it could record video. I asked her was she sure but yes the one she has does video.
    All she needs to do is record a video from her Pre of her Pre in a mirror,
    and post it up, and it'll end all this speculation.

ian
    its not gonna happen in the next patch. Maybe by xmas?
    however there are people working on it as we speak. It is capable.

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...al-no-gui.html
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    I heard from a Sprint rep that these threads should be ban worthy.
    There was an article recently on an interview with the guy making those Narrow World of Sport ads that Palm are sponsoring. In it, they mention an unreleased ad where he edits a video clip on the Pre. I think this feature is coming pretty soon considering this guy used it in an ad.
    TBH, sprint reps so little about whats going on with the company they themselves work for, I highly doubt that they would somehow have inside knowledge on what palm plans on including in its updates.
    That would make a lot of people happy, I can't wait for VVM.
    I know this is off topic but this is really one of the features that I love about this phone. I remember the once every two year updates I got for my 650 or 755, and I had to download it on a computer and install it manually. The OTA feature is fantastic, and is a overlooked, but ingenious addition by palm (I know they weren't the first to offer it).

Palm: How do you like you Pre?
    Comsumer: I like it, but it could really use a video camera.
    Palm: Alright give us a few months and it will download onto your phone for you.

Sorry, my little rant
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12