Page 99 of 152 FirstFirst ... 4989949596979899100101102103104109149 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,980 of 3039
    Quote Originally Posted by previti View Post
    Prior to attempting the VK install, I'd installed Fair Dinkum. I know very little about programing & am admittedly over my head here, but I'm curious if the Fair Dinkum program might have placed the files somewhere Preware isn't looking to uninstall them?
    Fair Dinkum is completely orthogonal to VK, and does not interact in any way.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Fair Dinkum is completely orthogonal to VK, and does not interact in any way.

-- Rod
    Thanks, Rod. It was just a thought from a guy who doesn't know anything about this stuff & doesn't want to go through the Palm SDK Recovery. I appreciate you letting me know.
    whats does ("Open clean_kb_files.sh in a text editor to verify nothing malicious is going on") mean??
  4.    #1964  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingpin View Post
    whats does ("Open clean_kb_files.sh in a text editor to verify nothing malicious is going on") mean??

Exactly what it says, but that is outdated and you shouldn't need that script.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by niospecv View Post
    excuse my ignorance but where can i find the emergency recovery patch? Thanks
    is at webos quick ins repository !
  6.    #1966  
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    is at webos quick ins repository !
    online repository in quick install or available patches -> recovery in preware.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    online repository in quick install or available patches -> recovery in preware.
    opss ma bad ..!
    hey. I just installed the 1.2.1 update and since then all of my tweaks went away. I reloaded all except the vk. I can not update this through preware or through quick install. can anyone help me.
    double tap gesture was not my first choice. The center button events I believe are handled by the Luna binaries and we have no easy way to change that right now.
    I see. That's probably why we haven't seen any center button mods either.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Welcome to open source. Things can get bumpy. Please fasten your seat belts.
    Quote Originally Posted by dianagr View Post
    You can also swipe a counterclockwise semi-circle around the center button to go back. [Do a back gesture]
    Quote Originally Posted by predarlene View Post
    I am trying to install the virtual keyboard after updating my Webos to 1.2 but can't through either Quick Install nor Preware. On Quick Install, it is not in any of the lists including the (ALL) list (which is how i originally installed it). In Preware, suddenly the "available patches" link is not available. It's there but grayed out so I can't select it.
    Can anybody help???
    I am having the same problem. Cannot find the application install. I can find the patch but nothing works aftwards...Any help?
    Okay so I know that a lot of you that are posting here have the VK so please answer my question with your own experience with it so once again here is my question. My virtual keyboards backspace button doesn't work while typing something in the browser is this the same for everyone or is it just me?
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Is there a way to install the keyboard on GSM 1.1.3 Pre?

Edit: Tried all older versions. GSM Pre has the file with the follwoing name: palmInitFramework191_16.jsjsjs. $Do$ $you$ $guys$ $need$ $any$ $of$ $this$ $files$ $to$ $check$ $what$ $can$ $be$ $patched$ $and$ $what$ $not$?
    Last edited by chortya; 10/14/2009 at 06:36 AM.
    Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seancraig21 View Post
    Okay so I know that a lot of you that are posting here have the VK so please answer my question with your own experience with it so once again here is my question. My virtual keyboards backspace button doesn't work while typing something in the browser is this the same for everyone or is it just me?
    I'm sorry, but do just a little reading. The backspace in the browser has never worked.
    I was able to get this via preware on my home pc but I couldn't get it at work on my mac. Either way I'm enjoying it. Thanks.
    emoney, any chance you will give some hints of what's to come in the next version of the keyboard? If you have time that is, If not I understand, keep up the good work!
    Edit: outdated
    E money, I just want to start by saying thanks. I've reading this thread a lot & you clearly know your stuff & spend a lot of time helping the rest of us out.

I need to uninstall my VK. I'm getting this error:

"ErrorGenericMethodException: Failure during 'prerm' operation
    /var/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.add-onscreen-keyboard/add-onscreen-keyboard.patch: No such file or directory
    /var/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.add-onscreen-keyboard.prerm: line 17: cannot open /var/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.add-onscreen-keyboard/add-onscreen-keyboard.patch: no such file

from preware when I try to uninstall. I was in the process of downloading palm SDK & was going to attempt to remove the files, but then I saw that you changed this post yesterday stating that it was outdated & that there's a script to remove all keyboard created files? I just want to make sure I do this correctly. How do I get this script? Is this the command I should be putting into Noveterm?

Thank you for all your help.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    i am unable to install the vk on my 1.2.1 PRE. i get the following error:
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.add-onscreen-keyboard.postinst)

I have used emergency patch tool, did a partial reset and used webos repair utility to completely set my PRE back to the stock version. everything was removed and put back to the way it was. but i still cannot install the vk.

Is vk compatible with 1.2.1? if so, why cant i install it?
    Quote Originally Posted by bdgdl08 View Post
    I'm sorry, but do just a little reading. The backspace in the browser has never worked.
    i looked around and couldnt find the answer so thank
    Quote Originally Posted by wfrye View Post
    i am unable to install the vk on my 1.2.1 PRE. i get the following error:
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.add-onscreen-keyboard.postinst)

I have used emergency patch tool, did a partial reset and used webos repair utility to completely set my PRE back to the stock version. everything was removed and put back to the way it was. but i still cannot install the vk.

Is vk compatible with 1.2.1? if so, why cant i install it?
    have you tried webos doctor cuz it worked for me
    Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seancraig21 View Post
    i looked around and couldnt find the answer so thank
    Then I apologize for being rude. I'm glad I could help.