Page 97 of 152 FirstFirst ... 47879293949596979899100101102107147 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,940 of 3039
    When I install it with Preware now it says patch installed and restarts. However when it comes back on the keyboard is not installed and it doesn't show up as installed in either preware or WebOSQI. I installed it threw preware 3 times now and when it restarts nothing is there. Please help! I'm yet to get this thing working and I've updated and installed everything correctly. I've used the Emergency Patch Recovery thing and wiped all the tweeks off and still nothing. At least I'm not getting an error now, it's just not working. Any ideas??
    Yeah I still can't install this. I get an error, and it doesn't show up in WebOS Quick Install. I've done the removal script earlier in this thread, didn't work.
    well im not getting a error. i am able to install it and when it does it restarts and when i go to a message i double tap the gesture area and it doesnt come up at all. ive tried installing it with preware numerous times and ive dl'ed the ipk and still no luck with this at all...... any advice
    Quote Originally Posted by srujalshah View Post
    Rod,

Thanks for helping and your patience. I did installed package manager service and
    preware in order. After that, I found virtual keyboard in webos feeds. Which I installed
    successfully. After successfully installation, luna manager restarted. Now, I see that
    virtual keyboard is listed as installed applications on my pre.

But, I can not open up virtual keyboard. When I double tap on gesture area, it does not
    pop up. BTW, brief history, I did remove many applications and theme, which I thought
    may be culprit, but it did not help. Should I remove all the applications ( currently I
    have 34 installed) ?

Thanks a lot in advance for your help,

Regards,

Srujal Shah
    Guys,
    Following is what worked for me. I tried deleting the keyboard folder to updating preware. Nothing worked. Then, finally I installed Recovery Tool from Preware (Available patches->Recovery). Running this tool will delete all patches. Make sure you DON'T have a theme installed. Now you can download latest VK (0.4.2) .ipk from Index of /feeds/webos-internals/all and install using QuickInstall. You will need to install patches again. Hope this helps.
    alright well ive done that but for some reason i still have landscape mode for messaging working. could the be the problem why nothing is loading up for me?????????????????????????????????
  6.    #1926  
    Quote Originally Posted by axmuzaffar View Post
    Guys,
    Following is what worked for me. I tried deleting the keyboard folder to updating preware. Nothing worked. Then, finally I installed Recovery Tool from Preware (Available patches->Recovery). Running this tool will delete all patches. Make sure you DON'T have a theme installed. Now you can download latest VK (0.4.2) .ipk from Index of /feeds/webos-internals/all and install using QuickInstall. You will need to install patches again. Hope this helps.
    0.4.2 is not the latest. The package in the webos-internals feed is outdated and will not be updated in the future. You should uninstall this and install the package found in the webos-patches feed. (Should show up in available patches in preware and online repository in Quick Install).

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    2sslow, after I install the themes according to your instructions, how to I switch from theme to theme?

Thanks for making things easier for us with this vk & themes!
    The first time you will need to hit the little gear icon on the bottom left, if you wish to change it to a different one you tap the bottom right.

Enjoy
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Can anybody help me solve this please? I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but I need some help installing this On screen Keyboard. I've posted 5 times in this thread and I haven't got a single answer.

I've tried installing this for weeks and never got it working. I've gone through all the steps and before I was getting errors installing. Now I can install using the latest Preware but it doesn't work. It says patch installed now restarting Luna and when the phone restarts nothing is there. The keyboard does not show up as being installed in either Preware or WebOSQI. I've used the emergency patch recovery many times now and used the WebOS Doctor. I tried using the old files and the new files. Nothing I do seems to work. I work with and built pcs everyday so I'm not computer illiterate. Please help me guys. I love this site and visit it everyday but I need some help.
  9.    #1929  
    Quote Originally Posted by yankees2323 View Post
    Can anybody help me solve this please? I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but I need some help installing this On screen Keyboard. I've posted 5 times in this thread and I haven't got a single answer.

I've tried installing this for weeks and never got it working. I've gone through all the steps and before I was getting errors installing. Now I can install using the latest Preware but it doesn't work. It says patch installed now restarting Luna and when the phone restarts nothing is there. The keyboard does not show up as being installed in either Preware or WebOSQI. I've used the emergency patch recovery many times now and used the WebOS Doctor. I tried using the old files and the new files. Nothing I do seems to work. I work with and built pcs everyday so I'm not computer illiterate. Please help me guys. I love this site and visit it everyday but I need some help.

How are you installing it? List detailed information. What installer, what screen, name of package id, etc...

-Eric G

Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    How are you installing it? List detailed information. What installer, what screen, name of package id, etc...
    I've been using preware to install it. It shows up to install and it goes through the installing process and when it's done it says patch installed restarting luna but when the phone restarts nothing is installed. I've tried it a bunch of times. I'm using preware 0.94 and 2.72 WebOSQI. After the patch says its installed it is nowhere to be found in either of these programs saying it is installed. I've tried uninstalling everything, took all patches off, used the emergency recovery tool and wiped my phone clean with the doctor. I'm running WebOS 1.21 and have gotten every patch to work but this one. I also tried to install it directly through WebOSQI using the link somebody gave above but I get an error saying mismatch md5sums. Thanks for any help you can give and if you need any other info ask me.
    Thanks again
    When I use VK to enter info...
    Simple example.. I start to type facebook once browser is brough up.. and then select one of the bookmars that show..
    x.facebook.com..
    It does not let me select it.. and the keyboard does not clear.

Is this a bug in the Virtual keyboard..

I have tried it in several areas.. where you start to type something and then select what meets the criteria, .vs typing it all out.. and hiting enter.
  12.    #1932  
    I've been using preware to install it. It shows up to install and it goes through the installing process and when it's done it says patch installed restarting luna but when the phone restarts nothing is installed. I've tried it a bunch of times. I'm using preware 0.94 and 2.72 WebOSQI. After the patch says its installed it is nowhere to be found in either of these programs saying it is installed. I've tried uninstalling everything, took all patches off, used the emergency recovery tool and wiped my phone clean with the doctor. I'm running WebOS 1.21 and have gotten every patch to work but this one. I also tried to install it directly through WebOSQI using the link somebody gave above but I get an error saying mismatch md5sums. Thanks for any help you can give and if you need any other info ask me.
    Thanks again

You go to available patches in preware, then to category Mojo and then select install. You select yes for the prompt to run the script. It says installed patch and then reboots luna. You reopen preware and go to installed pacakages, category Patch and do not see it?

-Eric G

Donate
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Hi-
    This thread is huge and I really have searched, but I'm not finding answers to some of the questions I have about the VK. First, I really like having it as an option and since I had never had it installed previously, I didn't have any real problems with conflicts or anything. It took me a couple minutes to figure out why the Wiki was telling me I could install it from WebOS Quick Install when it wasn't in the feed, but I did sort it out. Here is what is really giving me problems...

1) Closing the blasted thing. Most times a single tap will close it in portrait mode, but NOTHING seems to work for me to close it when in Landscape Mode. Am I missing something?

2) If I'm in Portrait and switch to Landscape, and then switch back to Portrait, the keyboard doesn't shrink back down and go back to the bottom of the screen. It also won't let me close the keyboard in Portrait mode once I have gone to landscape and switched back again.

3) It doesn't launch at the launcher page.

4) Sometimes the cursor will stop moving when I tap. Like, if I have a typo and need to go back to a previous area and insert the cursor. It will usually go to where I need it to go, but then when I tap to put it back at the end so that I can continue typing, it won't go. This is usually also at the same point that I am unable to close the darned thing. So I'm in the middle of an email, I can't get the cursor to start typing again, and I can't close the virtual keyboard. Opening and typing on the hardware keyboard makes no difference.

I'm not complaining, just wondering how to avoid it, or what I might be doing wrong? Anyone else having these issues?
    You go to available patches in preware, then to category Mojo and then select install. You select yes for the prompt to run the script. It says installed patch and then reboots luna. You reopen preware and go to installed pacakages, category Patch and do not see it?
    I've done that a bunch of times now. I hit the little install button and the popup says patch installed but after the phone restarts the keyboard is still in the available patches not the installed patches.

I tried it again and I noticed I don't get the run script prompt anymore. I just hit install and it says patch installed restarting luna
  15.    #1935  
    I've done that a bunch of times now. I hit the little install button and the popup says patch installed but after the phone restarts the keyboard is still in the available patches not the installed patches.

But it didn't prompt you to run the script? It went directly from tapping install to "patch installed"?

-Eric G

Donate
    But it didn't prompt you to run the script? It went directly from tapping install to "patch installed"?
    yes
    no prompt this time

when i tried this earlier with the older version of preware i would get the prompt but then i would get an error. Now I get no prompt
  17.    #1937  
    yes
    no prompt this time

when i tried this earlier with the older version of preware i would get the prompt but then i would get an error. Now I get no prompt

If you would like to stay in this state to help us debug why you are not getting the prompt you can come to the #webos-internals freenode channel. (http://webchat.freenode.net).

Otherwise you might want to try to re-install the package manager service

-Eric G

Donate
    If you would like to stay in this state to help us debug why you are not getting the prompt you can come to the #webos-internals freenode channel. (freenode Web IRC (qwebirc)).

I'll try reinstalling the package manager when i get home, it's almost time to go home. I'll post later and let you know if it worked. Thanks for helping.
    If you would like to stay in this state to help us debug why you are not getting the prompt you can come to the #webos-internals freenode channel. (freenode Web IRC (qwebirc)).

Ok. I reinstalled the package manager and now I get the prompt after hitting install. Except now I'm getting the error with the long list of stuff telling me (i think) that the keyboard is already installed. I guess another trip to the doctor to clean up the files. Unless there is another way.
    what is the autofeed patch