Page 94 of 152 FirstFirst ... 44848990919293949596979899104144 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,880 of 3039
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I have the same problem, I get the same red message and the VK doesn't show up in installed applications. I've never installed the VK before.
    Everything went smoothly upgrading preware and package manager. Also installed new virtual keyboard. How do i add sound or haptic feedback when i use the keyboard now?
    I also wanna know about the Heptic feedback. Thanks in advance
    disregard, just started working after adding it with webos QI, and reset.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Your screenshot definitely shows that the virtual keyboard has been installed (either via a package, or manually).

If it was installed via a package, then you should be able to remove the package. If it was installed manually, then you will need to restore the appropriate files manually. There are instructions on how to do that earlier in this thread.

-- Rod
    I get the same thing and I never had the keyboard. I've tried to install it many times and always got an error. Now I get the same screen as the other guy on here but it's not in the installed apps. Could you please direct my to where the manual instruction are? This tread is 95 pages long and I can't find it.
    VK is not in my updated available patches? anyone else?
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I am getting the same errors. And, I cannot install the virtual keyboard.
    I have the option to install it but I get an error everytime. I never had it installed and its nowhere to be found to uninstall in WEBOSQI or Preware.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I am getting the same errors. And, I cannot install the virtual keyboard.
    Use webosqi and then do 'device management' then after it brings up the list of applications stored on your Pre there is a button that says 'applications' and that button can be changed to 'patches'.

That's where you will find the virtual keyboard.

And when installing VK with the new version of Preware it's now stored in the MoJO area. Available Packages, Patches and then MOJO!

I also had to wait about 2 minutes before Preware finished updating. At first, I waited and then I did what most of us have done, quit or swipe up, the relaunch. And then I saw it say 'checking version', then I had to wait about 2 minutes and it finally finished, just when I thought it wasn't going to finish.

Rob
    Last edited by rlanza1054; 10/09/2009 at 07:13 PM. Reason: Addition / correction
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Use webosqi and then do 'device management' then after it brings up the list of applications stored on your Pre there is a button that says 'applications' and that button can be changed to 'patches'.

That's where you will find the virtual keyboard.

And when installing VK with the new version of Preware it's now stored in the MoJO area. Available Packages, Patches and then MOJO!

I also had to wait about 2 minutes before Preware finished updating. At first, I waited and then I did what most of us have done, quit or swipe up, the relaunch. And then I saw it say 'checking version', then I had to wait about 2 minutes and it finally finished, just when I thought it wasn't going to finish.

Rob
    Mine doesn't show anything there. The other patches I installed are there but no keyboard.
    I found it in preware to install but I get an error everytime
    What and where is webosqi?
    Quote Originally Posted by daryl w green View Post
    What and where is webosqi?
    To do all of these 'tweaks' and 'patches' and all the cool stuff you need to know how to use both Preware and more importantly WebOS Quick Install version 2.7.2.

You need WEBOSQI to install Preware, that is why I'm saying it's more important and than Preware itself. You can't get Preware on your Pre without at least WEBOS Quick Install.

And if you get into trouble, you need to use the accompanying WebOS Doctor which will get your phone back to factory defaults if things go very very bad.

So please go to the link below and READ the first post and Re-Read that post again several times until you understand what you have to do and what steps you need to take. You can screw up your phone if you don't do things correctly or get freaked out.

I took my time and just did one thing at a time until I felt comfortable with each of these products to get stuff on your phone to help test out the developers works. Because in the end, that is what you are doing. You are helping them develop products/apps for the Pre.

So please try and donate to those things that you use. Most of the developers have put a link to donate in PayPal. They generally are not asking for a lot of money. A few bucks! Example: $5.

Now go to this link and read read read.... and everyone here will help you!

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ml#post1946232

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Very Cool.
    Thank you for all the advice, and Thank you for the reminder of what Webosqi is. I have QI on my work PC.... I will now download it to my laptop. I am happy to donate to those busting their humps to bring new apps......
    Does anyone have VK sense V

\
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    To do all of these 'tweaks' and 'patches' and all the cool stuff you need to know how to use both Preware and more importantly WebOS Quick Install version 2.7.2.

You need WEBOSQI to install Preware, that is why I'm saying it's more important and than Preware itself. You can't get Preware on your Pre without at least WEBOS Quick Install.

And if you get into trouble, you need to use the accompanying WebOS Doctor which will get your phone back to factory defaults if things go very very bad.

So please go to the link below and READ the first post and Re-Read that post again several times until you understand what you have to do and what steps you need to take. You can screw up your phone if you don't do things correctly or get freaked out.

I took my time and just did one thing at a time until I felt comfortable with each of these products to get stuff on your phone to help test out the developers works. Because in the end, that is what you are doing. You are helping them develop products/apps for the Pre.

So please try and donate to those things that you use. Most of the developers have put a link to donate in PayPal. They generally are not asking for a lot of money. A few bucks! Example: $5.

Now go to this link and read read read.... and everyone here will help you!

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ml#post1946232

Rob
    q
    Does anyone have VK sense 121. I have been in Preware//////// Webosqi "devicve Manager" "patces"..... there is no mojo nor is their VK
    Not with mine.... Tried web qi.... Not there under 'patches'.....tried preware not there under available patches?
    i dont see it either
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    I don't know if I have seen this mentioned but I thought I would mention it in case it helps someone else out. In 1.2 now anything you copy you can paste into universal search if you open the launcher. This functionality is inherently there with the virtual keyboard as well. If you open up the launcher and double tap the gesture area, the keyboard comes up and is functional. It took a little bit to figure out how to close it so maybe that needs to be looked into but I have always had issues with getting the keyboard to close. Now you should never have to open the keyboard if you don't want to.

I too don't seem to have figured out how to close the VK after opening. I have read thru multiple pages here and the operations section in the webos internals wiki. I notice it closes on its own sometimes, but is there a way to manually open AND CLOSE the VK?
    i need help... i cant find a way 2 download the on-screen keyboard... i need it bad... what am i not seeing? where do i go?