Page 93 of 152 FirstFirst ... 43838889909192939495969798103143 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,860 of 3039
  1.    #1841  
    There is a brief transition period while the keyboard migrates to the autopatch system. The keyboard will be unavailable from the webos-internals feed until further notice (hopefully tonight).

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Thank you for the quick reply. I'll look forward to it coming back!
    it works everywhere else... Any fixes?
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    Did you install the autopatch feed in Preware?
    How exactly do I do that?
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bronx889 View Post
    How exactly do I do that?
    Good question. Trying to figure that out myself.
    Has anyone experience an overnight loss of the virtual keyboard. I went to bed and woke up and it was gone. It's no longer in the downloads, nor is it in the Preware patches. Anyone else encounter this problem before and have a suggestion about what to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Tmac923 View Post
    Please read the following in order to install the patch:

Applying Patches - WebOS Internals

The patch should be found (on Pre) in:

/opt/src/modifications/frameworks/add-onscreen-keyboard.patch

It appears that rooting is required for this at this time.
    Quote Originally Posted by zortiz View Post
    Has anyone experience an overnight loss of the virtual keyboard. I went to bed and woke up and it was gone. It's no longer in the downloads, nor is it in the Preware patches. Anyone else encounter this problem before and have a suggestion about what to do?

Read about 5 post earlier than your's!

Apparently, it was taken down for a fix or something.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

I noticed this too earlier today while helping a friend with his new Pre. Hope it comes back, as I miss my landscape email and browsing

Thank you for all your fine work.
    Thanks for the info on Virtual Keyboard
    Any word on when it will be available again yet?
    Please read http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ches-feed.html

Virtual Keyboard is available again after you follow those instructions.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  12.    #1852  
    OK migration is complete.

The keyboard package has changed names and in order to make sure you see all future updates, please remove your currently installed keyboard and reinstall.

Everyone please go to installed packages -> applications and remove the virtual keyboard. You can then reinstall the virtual keyboard from the new feed (New package manager service), listed under patches -> Mojo.

Thank You.

-Eric G

Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    is it just me or is the default theme different? do i have to delete any of the old vk folders? anyway to change keyboard w/o hooking up to computer?
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
  14.    #1854  
    Quote Originally Posted by RanGT View Post
    is it just me or is the default theme different? do i have to delete any of the old vk folders? anyway to change keyboard w/o hooking up to computer?
    My bad, minor bug. Fixed. Reinstall.

-Eric G

Donate
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RanGT View Post
    I noticed this too... I thought I may have done something wrong.

Updating.
    I'm getting an error with Vk and the new preware. I did a webos Dr for an unrelated issue. Put the vk in, saw the new preware and did the EPR tool. Then I updated preware rebooted and reinstalled my patches, VK was the last one, but its giving me this error:

in red i get offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.add-onscreen-keyboard.prerm)
    Last edited by mrloserpunk; 10/09/2009 at 06:54 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    I'm getting an error with Vk and the new preware. I did a webos Dr for an unrelated issue. Put the vk in, saw the new preware and did the EPR tool. Then I updated preware rebooted and reinstalled my patches, VK was the last one, but its giving me this error:
    See step 6 of http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ches-feed.html

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    I do not show that as an installed package.....
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    I do not show that as an installed package.
    Your screenshot definitely shows that the virtual keyboard has been installed (either via a package, or manually).

If it was installed via a package, then you should be able to remove the package. If it was installed manually, then you will need to restore the appropriate files manually. There are instructions on how to do that earlier in this thread.

-- Rod
  20.    #1860  
    I do not show that as an installed package.....
    should show up in installed packages -> applications

-Eric G

Donate