Page 91 of 152 FirstFirst ... 41818687888990919293949596101141 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,820 of 3039
  1. #1801  
    Quote Originally Posted by geigs View Post
    I loaded it from PreWare. Works fine now.
    I loaded via Preware..
  2. #1802  
    I'm happy with using the physical keyboard for pretty much everything, but I'm trying to figure out how to get the virtual keyboard to display other characters.
    I've altered the fonts on my PrPrPr&#$275$; $to$ $include$ $other$ $Unicode$ $characters$, $which$ $allows$ $me$ $to$ $see$ $them$, $but$ $I$ $want$ $to$ *$type$* $them$ $as$ $well$.
    I've tinkered with several lines of code, but to no avail.
    Tips?
    Last edited by roneyii; 10/06/2009 at 07:56 PM. Reason: "it" referred to the wrong keyboard...
  3. preman1988's Avatar
    Posts
    2 Posts
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    #1803  
    what are the chances of messing up my phone after installing the virtual keyboard. Is it a risky patch and if it is not than why hasn't palm released it yet
  4. #1804  
    I've been following this thread but I am still not really clear.

    Does the virtual keyboard work with WebOS 1.2.1. and if so, what is the best way to install it?
  5. #1805  
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    I've been following this thread but I am still not really clear.

    Does the virtual keyboard work with WebOS 1.2.1. and if so, what is the best way to install it?
    the vk is working fine and the fast and easy way that i know is with preware ive been installing and uninstalling easily!
  6. #1806  
    Quote Originally Posted by preman1988 View Post
    what are the chances of messing up my phone after installing the virtual keyboard. Is it a risky patch and if it is not than why hasn't palm released it yet
    with the new systems to install vk is easy without messing when rooting your phone and its no a risky patch ....the idea from palm is if you have a physical keyboard what for you need a vk!!!
  7. Henrymd73's Avatar
    Posts
    17 Posts
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    #1807  
    Eric,

    This is fantastic!! Love the new look and the haptic feedback is excellent!!! The latest patch has made accuracy sooooo much better!!!! Just wondering if you will be tackling bug with typing on the web and texting...seems to suffer from not being able to backspacing. Its only when texting, IM or on the web this happens.

    -Henry
  8. #1808  
    I just added it to my pre for the first time and love it! my fingers are still a lil too big to get accuracy but if i go slow its still better than pulling out the keypad - if only we could use our nails on the screen!
    smiles for your day ~ pixielee
    In a love/hate relationship w/my PalmPre(s) 6/6/09 3/22/10 4/12/10 and 5/5/10 (ops yes I lost one!)

    Its Life - Live it, Love it, PLAY in it
  9. #1809  
    anybody have any advice for me? still can't set this damn thing up
  10. #1810  
    Quote Originally Posted by tommymm96 View Post
    anybody have any advice for me? still can't set this damn thing up
    Same here im doing it via preware. Not coming up and i have no clue why.
  11. #1811  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sundaysuit View Post
    Same here im doing it via preware. Not coming up and i have no clue why.
    Well I had installed it from Quick Install and now I want to delete it to get the Preware version... except it won't delete! What to do...
  12. #1812  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sundaysuit View Post
    Same here im doing it via preware. Not coming up and i have no clue why.
    I managed to get it installed, but it won't come up for me either. Is it because I have webos 1.2.1 on my pre?
  13. #1813  
    Quote Originally Posted by zarathstra View Post
    I managed to get it installed, but it won't come up for me either. Is it because I have webos 1.2.1 on my pre?
    I don't know..I'm just getting frustrated
  14. #1814  
    Quote Originally Posted by zarathstra View Post
    I managed to get it installed, but it won't come up for me either. Is it because I have webos 1.2.1 on my pre?
    UPDATE: So I got it installed from Preware now but it's still not comin up... so I'm now in the same position... what to do??
  15.    #1815  
    Quote Originally Posted by CollegeDude313 View Post
    UPDATE: So I got it installed from Preware now but it's still not comin up... so I'm now in the same position... what to do??
    Go to a text field, while cursor is blinking, double tap on the gesture area, wait 2 seconds and keyboard pops up.

    -Eric G

    WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

    Donate
  16. #1816  
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    Go to a text field, while cursor is blinking, double tap on the gesture area, wait 2 seconds and keyboard pops up.
    Okay, I got it to work! Amazing! ONe thing I have noticed: It doesn't seem to switch back to portrait mode after I come back from landscape.
  17. #1817  
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    Go to a text field, while cursor is blinking, double tap on the gesture area, wait 2 seconds and keyboard pops up.
    Not always - I had a bad install and had to doctor my Pre to get rid of it. It was an old version though.

    I'd ask the users to make sure it installed/uninstalled and what they're using to install it. We have it available on PreLoad too.

    When I had problems coding PreLoad to install patches, I thought my code had problems, but it was an old vkb failed install that was the problem. I docotored my pre, re-coded PreLoad and it worked fine.

    I am extremely impressed with all your work, and greatly appreciate the patch feed and your work for making patches fit the interoperability ipkg format. I would like to see VKB covered by the EPR or some other utility that ensures its removal for my users.
    WOG Dev - WebOS Group http://www.WebOSGroup.com
    PMP Dev - http://www.PimpMyPre.com
    Apps: WOG O.S.K., WOG Card Keeper, WOG Glowstick, WOG Kid Protect, PreLoad, PimpMySounds
  18.    #1818  
    Quote Originally Posted by pimpmypre View Post
    Not always - I had a bad install and had to doctor my Pre to get rid of it. It was an old version though.

    I'd ask the users to make sure it installed/uninstalled and what they're using to install it. We have it available on PreLoad too.

    When I had problems coding PreLoad to install patches, I thought my code had problems, but it was an old vkb failed install that was the problem. I docotored my pre, re-coded PreLoad and it worked fine.

    I am extremely impressed with all your work, and greatly appreciate the patch feed and your work for making patches fit the interoperability ipkg format. I would like to see VKB covered by the EPR or some other utility that ensures its removal for my users.

    I am working on getting VKB into the AutoPatch feed I just have to be really careful with keeping the update path compatible. It will be integrated within the next couple of days and be removable by EPR.

    NOTE that current VKB installs are really robust and if the script succeeds I can be 99% confident that the keyboard is installed correctly.

    -Eric G

    WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

    Donate
  19. #1819  
    i have no sound at all. in fact i've never had the sound with the older version. my volume is all the way up. it would be nice to here the click and even feel a quick responsive vibrate.
  20. #1820  
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    I am working on getting VKB into the AutoPatch feed I just have to be really careful with keeping the update path compatible. It will be integrated within the next couple of days and be removable by EPR.

    NOTE that current VKB installs are really robust and if the script succeeds I can be 99% confident that the keyboard is installed correctly.
    Awesome! I'm tempted to try it again!
    It really does look amazing.

    Good job on this one.
    Have you tried contacting Palm about giving/selling/whatever them your code?
    If not - have you thought about packaging it in some background application?
    WOG Dev - WebOS Group http://www.WebOSGroup.com
    PMP Dev - http://www.PimpMyPre.com
    Apps: WOG O.S.K., WOG Card Keeper, WOG Glowstick, WOG Kid Protect, PreLoad, PimpMySounds

Posting Permissions