Page 90 of 152 FirstFirst ... 40808586878889909192939495100140 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,800 of 3039
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Hey guys, I'm also getting the md5sums error and I'm trying to restore the two files from the webOs doctor image as explained by emoney. My question is whether restoring those two files to the 1.1.0 versions will affect any other patches or applications.

Thanks!
    I don't know if I have seen this mentioned but I thought I would mention it in case it helps someone else out. In 1.2 now anything you copy you can paste into universal search if you open the launcher. This functionality is inherently there with the virtual keyboard as well. If you open up the launcher and double tap the gesture area, the keyboard comes up and is functional. It took a little bit to figure out how to close it so maybe that needs to be looked into but I have always had issues with getting the keyboard to close. Now you should never have to open the keyboard if you don't want to.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    ok heres is a little bit more information on that error installing (4). I click on IPKG Log. Everything is in green exept for this, it is in red (offline root mode: not running or.webosinternals.virtual-keyboard.postinst) that message was under Confirm. Then a little bit down under Failed ErrorGenericMethodException: Failure during 'postinst' operation

Then it says
    ERROR: Framework file cannot be found:/./usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmlnitFramework200_18.jsjsjs

What does all this mean and how can i fix it?
  4.    #1784  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidward View Post
    ok heres is a little bit more information on that error installing (4). I click on IPKG Log. Everything is in green exept for this, it is in red (offline root mode: not running or.webosinternals.virtual-keyboard.postinst) that message was under Confirm. Then a little bit down under Failed ErrorGenericMethodException: Failure during 'postinst' operation

Then it says
    ERROR: Framework file cannot be found:/./usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmlnitFramework200_18.jsjsjs

What does all this mean and how can i fix it?
    update to webos 1.2.x

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    i installed WebOS Quick Install last night and one of the first things i did was install the Virtual Keyboard. It installed without giving any hitches, but yet i cant get it to come up. double tapping the gesture area does not work. i read in the description that it does not work for 1.2.1. im assuming thats my problem, but now i cant remove it. I go into Preware, and click "remove" and select OK from the warning popup. then it gives me an Error Removing [4]. I click IPKG Log, and the only section with problems is "ErrorGenericMethodException: Failure during 'prerm" operation
    ERROR: No md5sums.patched file!?"

any ideas? thanks in advnace
    update on the above post:

i am no longer trying to remove the software as what i think happened is it was never installed in the first place. i cant find it under software/hardware. now i am trying to reinstall and reset manually each time. my phone does not manually reset once it is installed via Quick Install. i have tried this 5+ times. any help?
    So does 4.2 work with WebOS 1.2.1? Or is there an update coming soon?
    Preware & WebOS Internals Supporter
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Main_Page

IRC chat
    #webos-internals
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    This couldn't have been the first error you got after a doctor. The calculated md5sum indicates that the framework files is currently patched with the keyboard.

I'm going to guess that the first time you tried to install it you got a rare error about remounting (which is something we need to track down although it is difficult to reproduce and only been reported in rare circumstances). In this situation the patch was applied, then the remount read-only failed. If you then tried to install again before restartin/updating feeds in preware you'll get this error message and the post-install script will remove the ipk.

This can be solved via linux commands. Get access to a terminal and do the following:

Code:
    ipkg -o /var install org.webosinternals.virtual-keyboard

This should install the keyboard without running the post-installation script. You should then be able to restart preware and see the keyboard as installed. This will allow you to uninstall if you choose, but it should be functional.
    I also have this problem, and I did connect on the terminal and inputted the line above. I then rebooted the pre and went back in with QI 2.71 and looked under device management. It reported that the VK was now installed. I tried to bring up the VK but no go, so I figured I would uninstall it now that it was showing up, but when I tried to, it gave me an error and removed the instance from the app/tweaks listed. The error made reference to a mismatch on the MD5SUM and said couldn't remove it, but yet it was gone from the list. Now I am back to the same error as before running this line above. Any other things I might try?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    update to webos 1.2.x
    I am getting the same error as davidward yet my phone is up to date. Anything else it may be?
    in the ipkg log i get

(offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.virtual-keyboard.postinst)

and

(offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.virtual-keyboard.prerm)
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    is the VK supposed to work with the autoreplace text file?
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommymm96 View Post
    in the ipkg log i get

(offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.virtual-keyboard.postinst)

and

(offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.virtual-keyboard.prerm)
    I am having the same issue with this one... Anyone have a solution?
    I had same issue, i just did a simple erase from the screen lock menu and reloaded everything from scratch. Now everything works again Warning u will have to reload all your previous apps this way.
    Quote Originally Posted by colinschick View Post
    i installed WebOS Quick Install last night and one of the first things i did was install the Virtual Keyboard. It installed without giving any hitches, but yet i cant get it to come up. double tapping the gesture area does not work. i read in the description that it does not work for 1.2.1. im assuming thats my problem, but now i cant remove it. I go into Preware, and click "remove" and select OK from the warning popup. then it gives me an Error Removing [4]. I click IPKG Log, and the only section with problems is "ErrorGenericMethodException: Failure during 'prerm" operation

+1 Same problem here. I am going to try if from PreWare instead of QI. I'm doing a partial erase from the Device Info screen. This should erase all apps, but save usb drive data.
    I know some of you said that screen keyboard doesn't work with 1.2.1. I have 1.2.1, the keyboard comes up when I am in the menu screen and double tap. It doesn't come up anywhere else? Anyone else seeing that??
  16.    #1796  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrriverajr View Post
    I had same issue, i just did a simple erase from the screen lock menu and reloaded everything from scratch. Now everything works again Warning u will have to reload all your previous apps this way.

Please NOTE that you should NEVER do an erase before removing all advanced homebrew (which includes but is not limited to the virtual keyboard and all autopatch patches).

The erase removes the ipk data but doesn't revert the patched keyboard files. You will not be able to reinstall if you do this with the keyboard successfully installed/working.

-Eric G

Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
  17.    #1797  
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleU-B View Post
    I know some of you said that screen keyboard doesn't work with 1.2.1. I have 1.2.1, the keyboard comes up when I am in the menu screen and double tap. It doesn't come up anywhere else? Anyone else seeing that??

It works fine in 1.2.1 in all text fields. (App launcher is considered a giant text field now)

-Eric G

Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by colinschick View Post

+1 Same problem here. I am going to try if from PreWare instead of QI. I'm doing a partial erase from the Device Info screen. This should erase all apps, but save usb drive data.

UPdate* It solved the error, but I didn't install the kb because it says only compatible with 1.2.0.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleU-B View Post
    How did you load the KB? From the QI or PreWare?
    I loaded it from PreWare. Works fine now.