Page 89 of 152 FirstFirst ... 3979848586878889909192939499139 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,780 of 3039
    Quote Originally Posted by drewp View Post
    WOSQI doesn't have an option to install, only configure. Let me double check.
    Oh ok, i didnt know i use preware. I use it all the time and am yet to encounter an error *knocks on wood* . In my opinion it is very stable and easy.
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Outstanding! Looks good. Very Impressed and Pleased!

The Sym key works well also, but any plans to get it to work with Sym+F Sym+G to move forward and back a word at a time, or to get the smileys using Sym+K and Sym+Z?
    I THINK THE VIRTUAL KEYBOARD SHOULD BE BIGGER...TAKE UP HALF OF THE SCREEN..DON't SEE WY NOT
    Quote Originally Posted by Irocdaspot513 View Post
    I THINK THE VIRTUAL KEYBOARD SHOULD BE BIGGER...TAKE UP HALF OF THE SCREEN..DON't SEE WY NOT
    Please do not use all caps.... It is rude.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Stuipd question, how the hell do I bring up the keyboard. Preware says I have it installed, but don't seem to be able to see/use it.
    Can somebody help out a lesser Pre user? I've installed the virtual keyboard via PreWare (which installed flawlessly) after everything was updated for 1.2.1, and while PreWare says its installed, it doesn't come up at all. Just to save people time, I do understand an active cursor is required for it to active. However, I've tapped on the gesture area so many times it looks like a strobe light....Please help. Am I missing something, or is VK not compatible with 1.2.1 and I misread the blog. Thanks,
    Please ignore my ignorance. I wasn't being patient enough for the software to load. Looks awesome, can't wait to use it.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Ok I found the solution to my issue but how do I get access to the terminal, I installed the terminal program but all I get is a black screen
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I had the same problem and you. I guess we are both impatient.
    Quote Originally Posted by JBK617 View Post
    Ok I found the solution to my issue but how do I get access to the terminal, I installed the terminal program but all I get is a black screen
    in the black screen u have to type those commands and when ur done press enter
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    in the black screen u have to type those commands and when ur done press enter
    I have cursor or anything just a totally black screen
  12.    #1772  
    Quote Originally Posted by JBK617 View Post
    I have cursor or anything just a totally black screen
    did you install the Terminal Service Plugin?

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    Under the hood of installing advanced homebrew is to do the ipkg -o /var install command and then run the post-install script. The post-install script for they keyboard will fail and then run an ipkg -o /var remove command if the md5sums are mismatched. So it removes itself when the script encounters an error basically.

Simple homebrew (mojo applications) do not have post-install or pre-remove scripts and thus just need this ipkg -o /var install command. This install command basically unpacks/extracts the ipk and sets up the control information that allows the package to be seen as installed. So by doing it on the command line as I had you do, the postinst script was not run. You would have to do that manually on the command line, in which case you would have seen the same error and the package would have been removed.

I don't recommend doing these commands manually in the future unless instructed by an experienced dev. This worked in this specific case because a previous run of the postinst script completed successfully but a remount error caused the install to "stop" in preware. A second install attempt ran the postinst script against patched files (thus failing md5sum check) causing it to fail. The script then removed the package control data because of the failure, but the original install attempt already patched the files. Thus this workaround was to simply get the ipkg control data back to the "installed" state.
    I got the same error, how do I get access to the terminal to apply this fix?
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    you prolly need to go to Main Page - WebOS Internals and follow the instructions on 'accessing linux' and the additional 'next steps'
  15.    #1775  
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyB718 View Post
    I got the same error, how do I get access to the terminal to apply this fix?
    install terminal service plugin and terminal app via preware or QI.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Under the hood of installing advanced homebrew is to do the ipkg -o /var install command and then run the post-install script. The post-install script for they keyboard will fail and then run an ipkg -o /var remove command if the md5sums are mismatched. So it removes itself when the script encounters an error basically.

Simple homebrew (mojo applications) do not have post-install or pre-remove scripts and thus just need this ipkg -o /var install command. This install command basically unpacks/extracts the ipk and sets up the control information that allows the package to be seen as installed. So by doing it on the command line as I had you do, the postinst script was not run. You would have to do that manually on the command line, in which case you would have seen the same error and the package would have been removed.

I don't recommend doing these commands manually in the future unless instructed by an experienced dev. This worked in this specific case because a previous run of the postinst script completed successfully but a remount error caused the install to "stop" in preware. A second install attempt ran the postinst script against patched files (thus failing md5sum check) causing it to fail. The script then removed the package control data because of the failure, but the original install attempt already patched the files. Thus this workaround was to simply get the ipkg control data back to the "installed" state.
    install terminal service plugin and terminal app via preware or QI.
    I got the terminal app, but not the service plugin, where do I get that? Right now the terminal app just brings up a black screen.

ANd Thanks!
    If you used Preware, the service plugin can be found within Preware. It's there!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    To all those that helped, Thank you I got the keyboard up and running
    I think the upgrade is just great and with all those tweaks, but I think the v keyboard needs a big improvement, still lags alot !
    Hey is that all u can comment is DONT USE CAPS IT RUDE ! OMG get a life !