Page 87 of 152 FirstFirst ... 3777828384858687888990919297137 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,740 of 3039
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    do you know where i can find this utilty repair at
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    i know this might be off the subject but anyone know how to install package manager service over the air cuz my dam computer took a crap and im not able to do it there, i looked for it in PreLoad and i found it but wasn't able to download it, i wanna add patches for my phone through Preware but i need package manager to run it....

...anyone plz help this Pre owner lol
    Is there anyway to make the sound of the click.wav a little louder.

With 1.2.1, the sound is really very low, even though I have Notifications and Ringtone up to FULL volume level.

I can hear the click sound it's just very low.

Is there anyway in the kb_config.json to set a variable like Haptic to adjust the volume of the sound file being played?

Thanks!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Quote Originally Posted by gsxr View Post
    i know this might be off the subject but anyone know how to install package manager service over the air cuz my dam computer took a crap and im not able to do it there, i looked for it in PreLoad and i found it but wasn't able to download it, i wanna add patches for my phone through Preware but i need package manager to run it....

...anyone plz help this Pre owner lol
    As far as I know, you need WOSQI to get them both on.

I don't think Filecoaster or PreLoad can do that.

I'm almost sure of it.

If you have the Terminal Program installed on your Pre there might be something you can do, but I wouldn't know what that would be. I just know you would have access to the root and might be able to fix your problem from there.

Rob

PS Or wait to see if one of these super techs have a better answer.
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    There is an invisible margin on the top of the keyboard to give space for the preview keys. You should be able to move the keyboard or scroll the background up a little (start higher than the invisible margin with your finger) to get the 2nd text box into visible touch area.
    No, that is not the issue. Having the keyboard up simply prevents it from typing in the second box. De-selecting the box, hiding VK...re-select second input box, then bring up VK allows it to work.

Try it in the login to these forums. You will not be able to type in second box (password) with VK up after typing in username.

Either that or it is messed up on my phone. Anyone else have this problem?
    I'm installing the virtual keyboard for the first time and I'm on 1.2.1. I installed Preware, ran the patch/script, and got no errors, but when I double tap the gesture area nothing happens. I tried being in the messaging app and the browser, but no keyboard. Is it compatible with 1.2.1? (I went back a few pages to make sure this wasn't asked, but my apologies if it has been.)
    yes it is compatible, I am using it right now. I also installed via preware. Are you sure you are tapping the gesture area fast enough? Maybetry an uninstall and a reinstall and I know it has you restart your phone but maybe try it again?
    I got it to pop up finally. It looks like it lags a few seconds before it pops up, so I was probably tapping again before I even saw it. Seems a little intermittent.
    yea now it takes a little longer to come up but at the same timeits amazingly faster than what it was there is virtually no lag for the most part!
    Just wanted to say that its working for me on 1.2.1 via Preware. It's very nice to break out the virtual when you don't need to type out anything serious.
    Quote Originally Posted by spyderfry View Post
    Just wanted to say that its working for me on 1.2.1 via Preware. It's very nice to break out the virtual when you don't need to type out anything serious.
    yes it is nice. But the first mistake you make you have to break out the hardware KB to backspace (web app). Hopefully this can be fixed.
    ive updated my Preware and my webosqi and my "available patches" is grayed out.
    where do I find the virtual keyboard??
    Dudes, the way I deal with not being able to type in the actual google browser, just go to preferences, and pull another card, it will backspace, perfectly, so forth and so on. Dont rely on the internet browser, just stick to the one pre has, thats how I deal with that. It's a bit of a hindrance, when your typing into internet, username and password, like into the facebook, or google directions, the backspace does not work, if the virtual keyboard, could hack into the hardware keyboard, and send it's signals, as if it was from the hardware keyboard. Anywho, for internet usage, just whip out another card. Peace out. I love the virtual keyboard, emoney is god.
    for everybody having problems, after I installed, the update, 1.2.1, I lost my virtual keyboard. So I went and erased, or 'uninstalled', via, deleting, usting INTERNALZ, file manager, cuz it doesn't appear as an installed program, under software/hardware. Anyways, I just made sure my Package Manager was installed, that got rid of the error, I got when I tried to install it via quick install. I reinstalled, looked like it worked, but my pre didn't reboot, and there was no keyboard. Then, I rebooted my pre, manually. Then did the install viea quick install AGAIN, and the second time, it worked well. So I think that basically, you can delete the file, withe file manager, reboot your pre. Then install it via quick install, AGAIN. If you dont see it , unplug from computer, reboot yourself, and Again, go to quickinstall, re install, and you should see your pre reboot by itself, when it does that, jackpot, your good to go. Hope this helps. Long live the PRE!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by WildSioux View Post
    No, that is not the issue. Having the keyboard up simply prevents it from typing in the second box. De-selecting the box, hiding VK...re-select second input box, then bring up VK allows it to work.

Try it in the login to these forums. You will not be able to type in second box (password) with VK up after typing in username.

Either that or it is messed up on my phone. Anyone else have this problem?
    Im also having this issue. Pretty annoying..
  16.    #1736  
    Quote Originally Posted by danman_6 View Post
    Im also having this issue. Pretty annoying..
    drag the keyboard up. I can't reproduce this issue?

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    When will we see new themes for virtual-keyboard?
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    drag the keyboard up. I can't reproduce this issue?
    hmm...I just cleared the history, cookies, and cache. Closed and opened a new web. So starting with a fresh web app open, initially I was able to login to two different forums (pre central and another one). Both times I used VK without the problem. But when I tried to login to facebook (third site in this test after two successful logins with VK). I was unable to use VK to type my password after username entry.

so it is there, you just have to try logging in to different sites. BTW...moving VK up didn't help on third time...the failed attempt.

I am also having a problem hiding the VK (single tap) in web app sometimes. Closing the web app and opening a new card is the only way to get rid of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by mcaaronice View Post
    I'm installing the virtual keyboard for the first time and I'm on 1.2.1. I installed Preware, ran the patch/script, and got no errors, but when I double tap the gesture area nothing happens. I tried being in the messaging app and the browser, but no keyboard. Is it compatible with 1.2.1? (I went back a few pages to make sure this wasn't asked, but my apologies if it has been.)
    if others are still having this problem, even after the program restarted my phone i had to restart my phone again manually for VK to start working. Hope this helps
    I want to enjoy this too but can't get it to install. When I hit install and get the screen with the script dialog, hit ok and it starts like it's going to install then gives me "error installing (4)

Any ideas?

Thanks.